PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Lombardi processional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely.

THAT 7 SECOND MOMENT

(2:37-2:44 of the clip)

.....near the end of the processional when the camera shot switches from Strachan carrying the trophy to Brady standing on the podium ... and the crowd suddenly roars louder.....and Brady looks up at the Jumbotron to see what all the sudden roar is about... and then sees himself as the reason..... the humble and emotional reaction that registers on his face at that moment...gets me every time.

I have never seen EYES so overcome with HUMILITY as 2:41-2:44 of that clip.

Last edited:
Wow..that takes me back

I haven't stopped watching highlights since we won. Sure I've watched highlights of the new guys we brought in, and the draft prospects, but I always go back to SB 51 highlights. This high may last until training camp.

The only thing that would have made it better for me is if they let Willie take that sucker to the house instead of having to hand it off to Strahan (the f#!@ing NYG). Hated that he got to be involved in our moment of glory. IIRC he picked Atlanta to win pre-game too. Screw him and his horse-faced, 2x lucky-ass QB!

The other great short moment of that ceremony was right at 4:04:

BB talking to Goodell in the background.

Kraft saying "But alot has transpired over the past two years...."

As Kraft says "transpired"- - just watch Goodell all of a sudden look as if he is SHOT RIGHT OUT OF A CANNON - almost doing a double take back towards Kraft and bolting down off the platform like he was at a dunking booth. The crowd goes nuts at that point.

Sometimes in life, a moment can be almost too perfect.

I can play those 4 seconds over and over and over and over and over.............................................................
and over...................

I can't believe Willie still has a job after telling each player to 'kiss that Mother F'er' as he walked down the line. It took them forever to turn off his mike too. That's the thing I remember about the 'procession' through the players before they got to the podium. Hilarious.

Terry Bradshaw did an awesome job as well. How many guys with 4 rings themselves would be so humble to stand there in front of the world and declare Belichick and Brady the greatest?!?

sound was edited, booing was a lot louder live and you could barely hear roger speak

On the flip side, they didn't hide the fact that the booing basically started the second Goodell touched the trophy. :)

During the mic'd up segments, towards the end, Edelman says to Brady,"Let's go score and win this thing baby. For your Mom. For your Mom, bro." Brady nods. Everything about that little clip gets me. That Edelman even brought up his mother's illness shows they're close pals. That Tom Brady is able to focus so laser sharp at a time when his mind and emotions must be aching to run wild. Even the "Bro" exchange between the two California kids. I love that little clip.

Last edited:
During the mic'd up segments, towards the end, Edelman walks by Brady, sitting alone on the bench like a pitcher throwing a perfect game that nobody wants to go near. He walks by and says "Let's go do this, for your Mom. For your Mom, bro." Brady nods in steely silence. Everything about that little clip gets me. That Edelman even brought up his mother's illness shows they're close pals. That Tom Brady is able to focus so laser sharp at a time when his mind and emotions must be aching to run wild. Even the "Bro" exchange between the two California kids. I love that little clip.

Had to edit my post because I didn't remember it exactly right and didn't want to misquote. Plus Brady wasn't sitting alone like I'd thought. Still love that moment!

I haven't stopped watching highlights since we won. Sure I've watched highlights of the new guys we brought in, and the draft prospects, but I always go back to SB 51 highlights. This high may last until training camp.
Me too

sound was edited, booing was a lot louder live and you could barely hear roger speak

Oddly they didn't edit it during the NFL replay.

I've got to say that the massive booing was almost as enjoyable as the historic comeback.

I noticed it live and it's something that's had me wondering since - I'd love to know what Belichick and Rat-face were talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents