PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Most Egregious Case of Tampering Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not insinuating the pats dropped out because of the request. Just pointing to the multiple signs that lead to a stronger case against the Jets.

If we did indeed drop out of the running Monday, then the Jets have sine explaining to do. Numbers leaking through the weekend, the picture of revis next to the Jets helmet in clear day light...

As we all know, Wells has a top dollar electronics team to chase down the truth.

Why would they have some explaining to do if we dropped out on Monday, and how is this any different than any other of the 1,000 cases of clear cut tampering that go unpunished every season (including all of the examples in the past few days)?

Deus provided a link from Ian Rapaport that stated that once the Pats declared their intentions to not pick up the option, the Jets had every right to negotiate and that there was no "24 hour exclusive rights window" that others here spoke of. For all we know, the Pats could've dropped out due to Revis' price.

Again--hope you're right, but not getting my hopes up whatsoever. I don't see how Revis choosing to take a better offer changes anything. Goodell could've ruled on the tampering charge at any point over the last 2 months and chose not to, so I'm not expecting a harsher punishment now.

Why would they have some explaining to do if we dropped out on Monday, and how is this any different than any other of the 1,000 cases of clear cut tampering that go unpunished every season (including all of the examples in the past few days)?

Woody Johnson did it at a press conference.

Deus provided a link from Ian Rapaport that stated that once the Pats declared their intentions to not pick up the option, the Jets had every right to negotiate and that there was no "24 hour exclusive rights window" that others here spoke of. For all we know, the Pats could've dropped out due to Revis' price.

I haven't seen the link so far but if there is not official document coming directly from the Pats stating that the option will not be picked up I don't see how it matters what "insiders" on twitter write.

I haven't seen the link so far but if there is not official document coming directly from the Pats stating that the option will not be picked up I don't see how it matters what "insiders" on twitter write.

I'm just passing on a link from Rapoport that was posted here yesterday, stating that other teams were now able to "legally" negotiate with Revis, and that the Pats did not have an exclusive 24 hr window as others were claiming. Either way, he chose another team, so I'm going to try and move on.

If we end up with some type of award, all the better. In the meantime, I'm not going to whine about it or pretend that there is some hidden agenda from Bill Belichick to bolster their tampering case against the Jets by watching their best defensive player walk away. That's not what I choose to believe myself, although I respect any other opinions.

Honestly, the swapping of 1st round picks isn't as extreme as it seems. The key word is SWAP.

It's not like we'd be keeping the 32nd pick AND getting the 6th overall while the Jets get nothing whatsoever in the 1st.

I'm just passing on a link from Rapoport that was posted here yesterday, stating that other teams were now able to "legally" negotiate with Revis, and that the Pats did not have an exclusive 24 hr window as others were claiming. Either way, he chose another team, so I'm going to try and move on.

If we end up with some type of award, all the better. In the meantime, I'm not going to whine about it or pretend that there is some hidden agenda from Bill Belichick to bolster their tampering case against the Jets by watching their best defensive player walk away. That's not what I choose to believe myself, although I respect any other opinions.
Hey now...

I wasn't stating BB was looking to bolster arguments either, simply pointing out a relatively well grounded argument for more severe punishment than what was handed down regarding Briggs, by Goodell.

The "everyone does it," argument got us a lost first and unprecedented fines. Tags makes revis sign here and get traded for a kings ransom. Goodell...keep your gauges handy.

After more thought. Why shouldn't teams be prohibited from signing players involved in illegal negotiations? Even if it is the agent involved, that is a person under legal contract to work in the players interest. Said agent should also be subject to reprocussions, mainly damages sought by the player.

Hey now...

I wasn't stating BB was looking to bolster arguments either, simply pointing out a relatively well grounded argument for more severe punishment than what was handed down regarding Briggs, by Goodell.

The "everyone does it," argument got us a lost first and unprecedented fines. Tags makes revis sign here and get traded for a kings ransom. Goodell...keep your gauges handy.

Nothing meant against you personally, @woolster22. You certainly weren't the only person who suggested that, by any means. Even if you were, I'm unlikely to personally call you out for it.

For all I know, you're right. I just don't have much faith in trusting the league these days.

Nothing meant against you personally, @woolster22. You certainly weren't the only person who suggested that, by any means. Even if you were, I'm unlikely to personally call you out for it.

For all I know, you're right. I just don't have much faith in trusting the league these days.
No worries Supa.

I was mainly responding to your bit about BB trying to inflate (get it?!) any punishment that isn't likely to come.

I enjoy reading your musings, and I don't want to incite petty arguments like so many have fallen into if late.

I look forward to watching the playoffs over tomorrow, and I'm sure my Homer self will have numerous reasons why revis is over rated.

BTW, so happy 24 isn't in this picture picture going on the wall tomorrow...

fe1217325f61990bcfafaae96458cdbd.jpg

BTW, if anyone hears of butler doing a signing day...

No worries Supa.

I was mainly responding to your bit about BB trying to inflate (get it?!) any punishment that isn't likely to come.

I enjoy reading your musings, and I don't want to incite petty arguments like so many have fallen into if late.

I look forward to watching the playoffs over tomorrow, and I'm sure my Homer self will have numerous reasons why revis is over rated.

BTW, so happy 24 isn't in this picture picture going on the wall tomorrow...

fe1217325f61990bcfafaae96458cdbd.jpg

Pretty cool to have a limited edition 1/10,000 reminder of one of the best times in recent sports memory!

Not too much a quick glimpse of that pic can't fix. Watching the .gif gets me every time. It's just an unreal feeling.

Pretty cool to have a limited edition 1/10,000 reminder of one of the best times in recent sports memory!

Not too much a quick glimpse of that pic can't fix. Watching the .gif gets me every time. It's just an unreal feeling.
I doubt it's a limited edition, 30$ at Marshalls...

Will be framing the afccg ticket (my dad brought me) and hanging that next to it.

Honestly, the swapping of 1st round picks isn't as extreme as it seems. The key word is SWAP.

It's not like we'd be keeping the 32nd pick AND getting the 6th overall while the Jets get nothing whatsoever in the 1st.

If Mariota falls that 6th overall pick could be worth a lot. Don't underestimate its value.

If Mariota falls that 6th overall pick could be worth a lot. Don't underestimate its value.

Mariota falling in the draft is irrelevant to what the Jets' punishment should be for the most blatant, advantageous tampering act the NFL has ever seen.

Mariota falling in the draft is irrelevant to what the Jets' punishment should be for the most blatant, advantageous tampering act the NFL has ever seen.

Not that I believe this is what will happen but if the NFL would make the Jets swap picks with us that would actually be a not insignificant punishment. I was just pointing out the value of that 6th pick compared to 32.

Just a theoretical question, would you rather have them lose their first round pick completely and stay at 32 or make them swap the pick with us ?

Not that I believe this is what will happen but if the NFL would make the Jets swap picks with us that would actually be a not insignificant punishment. I was just pointing out the value of that 6th pick compared to 32.

Just a theoretical question, would you rather have them lose their first round pick completely and stay at 32 or make them swap the pick with us ?
Swap. Not to mention the loss of late round pick, also a precedent. Leaving them with:
7th
One of those second four picks would be forfeited.

Have fun with that rats.

Lots of thoughts and opinions as we wait to see what the league will do re: Jets Tampering. BTW they did Tamper and while we were preparing for the big game. It's tampering and distracting.

As for Revis signing he got a god deal money wise so good luck yo him, moving on. As I have said before no one player makes a team.

Yesterday I watched the movie Draft Day, with Kevin Costner the team was the Browns, it made me feel good. Watch it if you haven't.

Finally this thread caused me to undo so many ratings because I gave out a lot and my finger is big and I always get the wrong one first.

I hope we get our pound of flesh we are due it.

The pats will get compensated for the tampering, my guess is a switch of 3rds and a late rd pick. Not strong enough but in line with past rulings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes