PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official “I eventually muted the game” Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muted it after Kornhole said "This may be the game the Patriots finally lose" for the 100th time. Also didn't want to hear Shula run his mouth. Tirico (sp) and Jaws aren't bad but Kornhole has to go.

Once Don Shula entered the booth I muted and instead talked with my friends instead of listen to the announcing.

DITTO.
I have NEVER muted a game before, but I had to, listening to those numbskulls RUINED the game for me, so I hit MUTE and just followed along in the game threads.
I miss Al Derogatis and Curt Gowdy
:)

I did not mute it, but i am starting to think i should have when Shula was in the booth. Im sure he is not patting anyone on the back right now. The radio brodcasters are much better.

I didn't mute it because I was too busy screaming obscenities at the TV...

I Muted it.

Even all the way over here in Copenhagen the ESPN crew sounded like crAp.

I Had the tv muted from the third quarter on.

When the broadcast crew started up at the beginning of the game, I was ready. Once Kornholio's desire for the Patriots to lose this game for historic purposes on the last ESPN Patriots' broadcast of the season became palpable, I started playing Joe Bonamassa ( Blues Deluxe CD loud!!!) in place of the geeks on ESPN. At the beginning of the 3rd quarter when Shula came on to provide "unadulterated objectivity" through the eyes of an obsessed coach trying to will his importance into today's game, I came to the conclusion that Bonamassa is one of the best guitarists I've ever heard (saw him live in Baltimore two weeks ago), and the Patriots were not going to lose this game.

As a result, I was more in tune with this game than any previously close game like the Eagles, Colts, or Dallas. Hey, cosmic shyte happens! But the best barometer was my son returning from attending the game with the observation that in the last 7:00 minutes, it appeared that the Ravens became scared and tight. He said it was visibly obvious, as they imploded with foolish penalties, missed assignments, and the inability to play for the full sixty minutes.

Guess they blew it in the face of a team perceived to be superior . . .

and that's all it took to give up the lead and the game.

Funny how that happens with the Patriots.

Muted it after Kornhole said "This may be the game the Patriots finally lose" for the 100th time. Also didn't want to hear Shula run his mouth. Tirico (sp) and Jaws aren't bad but Kornhole has to go.

As soon as they announced that Shula would be in the booth in the 3rd qtr, I planned on muting it out. Which I did for his entire commentary period. I didn't realize how lonnggggggg he'd be in the booth...sickening!:cool:

I'm so sick of Kornheiser, just looking at him make me nausious. The only word I can thing of to describe my feelings is, Geek, wimp, wannabe, kiss**s, woman-like...ok, I know, that's more than one word. During one of the games earlier in the year, Tony Kornholer discussed Brady's good looks in a manner that made me very uncomfortable. It was as if he was coming out of the closet on air. Football is not the place for such BS.

Last edited:
i usually do not watch monday nite games, or only portions of it.. that broadcast last night and that idiot Kornheiser was the most painful I have ever seen.. muted it on several occasions.

muted it when Don Shula was in the booth.

Gil and Gino for almost three quarters

I muted it early! My wife and I couldn't take it. They are just BAD! It's such a hard listen.

i did before half time

i did before half time

It's hard to figure out how somebody that I think does such a good job on PTI, is so incredibly horrible doing MNF. He's the same guy, but does well at one thing, and blows in another.

By the way, this is an interesting thread. I had no clue others were muting it too. In some sense, I'm glad my wife and I weren't the only ones.

I strongly considered this in the fourth quarter, but needed the background noise to drown out my screams (can't wake the kids at that time of night). Those idiots are just brutal. I was so happy, however, that the Pats pulled it out so all their blathering throughout the night (Could this be the night?!! Have the Patriots ever gone this deep into the game without a touchdown?!! All repeated giddily ad nauseum) and their happy-fest with Don Shula all went for naught!

I was also happy to see that next week's monday night game is a stinker so I don't have to watch them again

Even though WBCN was ahead of the broadcast, I listened to the radio for the whole game. The body language of the booth was a clear indicator as to how they wanted the game to turn out. And Shula, puhlease! Wonder if BB will still consider him a "friend". btw, does anyone know if there's a web broadcast of the game that will synch up better with the tv (Comcast)?

It's hard to figure out how somebody that I think does such a good job on PTI, is so incredibly horrible doing MNF. He's the same guy, but does well at one thing, and blows in another.

By the way, this is an interesting thread. I had no clue others were muting it too. In some sense, I'm glad my wife and I weren't the only ones.

Yeah, he has turned into a tool :)
I think espn is telling him to be so controversial for ratings or he is doing it on his own.

I was even getting pissed at jaws

Gil and Gino for almost three quarters

i so wish I could do this, but we have DirectTV and the delay between the radio & the screen drives me nuts. I know someone has explained how to sync it up, but I am as tech savy as a tomato.

I did... could not stand Kornhole from the beginning of the third quarter on.

I put on Gil and Gino even though they were 8 or more seconds ahead of the ESPN feed.

Gil blew the Gaffney touchdown call big time... couldn't see Jab in the corner of the endzone and said '...and Brady just throws it away'... Gino had to jump in and say 'Touchdown'. Total botch by Gil.

I'd say Gil has been going blind for about 5 years now. I think it's great the way Gino saves him all the time.

I braced for this and thus watched from a bar.
smart move .i muted the game for awhile .then i tried wbcn but they were not in sync with the TV. I'm just glad the pats are done with ESPN for the year .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes