PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Day 3 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well McElroy and his hot GF head up to New Jersey. I'm sure it's all about the 'feet'. He's got great feets and so does she. Rexie can't wait to find out personally! :D

rex was looking at the girlfriend.......sanchize was looking at McElroy(think....Sal Mineo looking at James Dean):eek:

just a quick question about herzlich, is an OLB or ILB? and did BC use a 34 or 43 defence

He's OLB but would project into ILB in our 3-4 system.

We already have Dane Fletcher who is similar but much faster.

Atlanta just drafted Stonewall Jackson...I thought he was dead???

Atlanta just drafted Stonewall Jackson...I thought he was dead???

That's Old Hickory. He's on the 20 dollar bill. Nice hair, but needs work on pass protection.

He's OLB but would project into ILB in our 3-4 system.

We already have Dane Fletcher who is similar but much faster.

There's no reason why we'd have to move him from his natural position. He's about the same size as the guy we drafted from the Division II school.

Still expecting Frank Kearse or Corbin Bryant at 219. Perhaps Tolliver.

Then again, what the heck do I know? :p

Still, I love this draft. Absolutely love it. I can't wait to see how these players do!

I think that's a very iffy pick...there's been lots of fake "Stonewalls" circulating around the Quik Marts lately..:eek:

The team has a major need. This was understood and agreed with by just about everyone. Now, because the team failed to address it, the homers are bashing those who are pointing it out. Sorry slick but, while getting lucky would be nice, drafting 2 running backs at the top of the draft while waiting until round 6 to find a pass rushing OLB is not addressing the issue.

There's still free agency. How can people not understand this? If they aren't drafting someone now, they still have the chance to find someone in free agency. Yeah, they might not find someone like who will be dominant like Demarcus Ware or Terrell Suggs in FA, but they can still find a player who can complement the current roster of OLB that may solidify a weakness. Plus a veteran most likely won't have as much of a learning curve as a rookie would.

Oh and when they took two RBs earlier in the draft, it meant that they had those players rated higher at a position of need than they had any of the OLBs at that point. Plus I'd love to see all of these OLBs available in the 3rd round that people keep saying would have instantly started. So slick, how about you start listing off the OLB who are guaranteed to make an impact right away like you and everyone else keep implying they would have. Guess what, you can't. However, a RB can have an impact even though he'll be the 4th on the depth chart since he has much less of a learning curve than someone switching from DE to OLB and RB is a position where you can't have enough guys do to players being banged up. Just ask the Saints last year when Thomas and Bush both went down for long periods.

There's no reason why we'd have to move him from his natural position. He's about the same size as the guy we drafted from the Division II school.

It's not just about size, it's also about technique, specifically two-gap technique.

Do the Pats think Markell Carter has more talent and/or upside than the two Arizona DE/OLBs (Elmore and Reed) who were drafted after by the Packers and Vikings respectively?

Last edited:
Do the Pats think Markell Carter has more talent and/or upside than the two Arizona DE/OLBs (Elmore and Reed) who were drafted after by the Packers and Vikings respectively?

Obviously.

I seriously doubt anyone here would say that drafting Herzlich or anyone else at this point would mean that our pass rushing needs have been met. People call for them because they are players they have heard of and at this point in the draft there aren't many of those left.

Then you didn't read the post I originally commented on. The poster clearly stated that the Carter pick was stupid because Herzlich was still there.

OK, so we're about 5 minutes away from the last WTF? pick for the Patriots.

Anyone want to hazard a guess? Pick a name out of a hat?

Ugo, Ugo, Ugo, Ugo.....

comeone everyone say it with me Ugo, Ugo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes