PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Day 3 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Pats think Markell Carter has more talent and/or upside than the two Arizona DE/OLBs (Elmore and Reed) who were drafted after by the Packers and Vikings respectively?

Maybe. On one hand, they may have Carter rated higher. On the other hand, Elmore and Reed may have been rated higher than Carter, but were not rated high enough to be taken before some other team grabbed them.

I am praying we draft Herzlich. It's one of our last picks. Give the guy a shot with his local team.

WR, DE, or OLB please.

Then you didn't read the post I originally commented on. The poster clearly stated that the Carter pick was stupid because Herzlich was still there.

The weakness with the Carter pick is that he has essentially no chance to make the team next year and will need to be cut. Hopefully he makes it to the practice squad, but as you know, teams like to claim draft picks cut by the Pats. Herzlich/Romules can be stashed on PUP/IR and redshirted until 2012. If he regains form, you have a steal.

There's still free agency. How can people not understand this? If they aren't drafting someone now, they still have the chance to find someone in free agency. Yeah, they might not find someone like who will be dominant like Demarcus Ware or Terrell Suggs in FA, but they can still find a player who can complement the current roster of OLB that may solidify a weakness. Plus a veteran most likely won't have as much of a learning curve as a rookie would.

Oh and when they took two RBs earlier in the draft, it meant that they had those players rated higher at a position of need than they had any of the OLBs at that point. Plus I'd love to see all of these OLBs available in the 3rd round that people keep saying would have instantly started. So slick, how about you start listing off the OLB who are guaranteed to make an impact right away like you and everyone else keep implying they would have. Guess what, you can't. However, a RB can have an impact even though he'll be the 4th on the depth chart since he has much less of a learning curve than someone switching from DE to OLB and RB is a position where you can't have enough guys do to players being banged up. Just ask the Saints last year when Thomas and Bush both went down for long periods.

Everyone forgets that the goal is to win the Superbowl by three points.

You can't do that with a dominant defense.

You are the one who's right, and Joker is wrong (and hence I am wrong too as well, because I thought he meant the Falcons had drafted a Thomas Jackson). General Stonewall Jackon's full name is Thomas Jonathan Jackson.

When I went to the NFL tracker to check it out, the name indeed was Andrew Jackson.

wait!!...I meant the 7th President of THE United States...c'mon...give a joker a break...:bricks:

It's not just about size, it's also about technique, specifically two-gap technique.

My belief is that no one on this site has much of an idea about technique, size specifications on draft prospects, which is why I say draft him and play him at his natural position. He played OLB in college, let him play that in the pros.

Herzlich Herzlich Herzlich Herzlich

OK Herzlich fans, prepare to be disappointed.

: The Patriots select Malcolm Williams, DB, TCU - Another Horned Frog

Nooo. Why not Herzlich? The guy has heart. Why a DB???

A horned frog????

wha....no pigs with wings available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes