PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Gaints Pre-Season Game Thread

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Please post your comments, knee jerk reactions, and insightful observations about tonight's Patriots 4th and final pre-season game vs the NY Giants, on this thread.

The game will be on TV tonight on the Patriots TV Network starting at 7:30PM.

Patriots vs. Giants Broadcast Information click the link for the TV station in your area

It will be interesting to see which starters play and for how long.

Let hope for a good game with no injuries.

Recording this one to watch Jadaveon Clowney decapitate someone in actual live college football tonight. UNC/SC is at 7 pm.

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 2m
Per the transaction wire, #Patriots tried out 6 players today, including 2 QBs: Findlay's Clay Belton and SE La.'s Nathan Stanley

Nick Underhill ‏@Nick_Underhill 19s
Word. RT @MikeGarafolo: Patriots worked out 2 QBs today. Ruh roh, Tebow
?

Last edited:
I'm thinking that if a veteran 'starter' is playing beyond the second series, then that is not a good sign. From that point on the game is a competition for the final roster spots.

For those without DVRs that want to re-watch it or will miss it tonight, the game will be rebroadcast on the NFLN on Saturday at 1:00 pm ET.

edit: per Mike Reiss, here is the full list of players that the Patriots worked out today:

• QB Clay Belton (Findlay)
  • G Chandler Burden (Kentucky)
  • WR Jerrell Jackson (Missouri)
  • RB Robbie Rouse (Fresno State)
  • QB Nathan Stanley (SE Louisiana)
  • G Desmond Wynn (Rutgers)

Last edited:

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 2m
Per the transaction wire, #Patriots tried out 6 players today, including 2 QBs: Findlay's Clay Belton and SE La.'s Nathan Stanley

Nick Underhill ‏@Nick_Underhill 19s
Word. RT @MikeGarafolo: Patriots worked out 2 QBs today. Ruh roh, Tebow
?

Could just be Belichick trolling the media. Either way, Ivan just did a fist pump.

Usually the 4th pre season game is meaningless and starters don't play. I expect starters in the first period. After that I expect to see the potential cut guys. I don't expect good football. Tebow tonight is your night unless you have pictures of Josh doing someone else.

Players I'll be watching closely:

Adrian Wilson
Jake Bequette
Leon Washington

These guys need to show up tonight if they expect to make the roster.

Re: Re: The Official Patriots vs Gaints Pre-Season Game Thread

Recording this one to watch Jadaveon Clowney decapitate someone in actual live college football tonight. UNC/SC is at 7 pm.

It's actually on at 6pm. Don't want you to miss the first quarter.

edit: per Mike Reiss, here is the full list of players that the Patriots worked out today:

Don't do it, Bill! :bricks:

I'm guessing the Patriots won't be in the market for reserve DTs until after final cuts. This might just be the final nail in the coffin for Tim Tebow.

I'm guessing the Patriots won't be in the market for reserve DTs until after final cuts. This might just be the final nail in the coffin for Tim Tebow.

I'm thinking they may wait as long as after week one to officially sign a DT, as doing so keeps them off the hook for guaranteeing the full salary. With the starters out early the other four backup DT now on the roster will get plenty of playing time to try and prove they're worth keeping.

I think Brady plays 1-2 series tonight. I'd rather he not but I think that they probably want to keep on working on Thompkins, Dobson and Boyce.

I think Brady plays 1-2 series tonight. I'd rather he not but I think that they probably want to keep on working on Thompkins, Dobson and Boyce.

There's been several reports that Brady isn't playing tonight.

Per Jeff Howe:

Brady is among a group of players getting some early stretching on the field. He's getting some work done since he's not playing tonight

Want to see the secondary tackle better than week's atrocious display. Particularly interested in Ryan and Harmon as I think they will be seeing the field more as the season progresses.

Above all, I don't want to trainers on the field.

and Tim, you better make some first downs!

I also heard on the 98.5 pregame report that Brady and the starters won't play tonight.

Sanity reigns.

There is no reason for starters to play.

Per Jeff Howe:

Brady is among a group of players getting some early stretching on the field. He's getting some work done since he's not playing tonight

Accord to Jeff Howe of the Herald:
Only five players haven't dressed for tonight's game against the Giants: running back Brandon Bolden, safety Nate Ebner, tight end Rob Gronkowski and defensive ends Justin Francis and Jermaine Cunningham.

Edit: Too slow.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back