PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Texans game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
453 yards, 34 points against the #1 ranked D. No question the offense is back, big time. Unfortunately, with all the injuries, the D is "back" too.....

No doubt. INT aside, Brady had another great game. Four good Brady outings in a row. Yes he looked pretty good in the loss to Carolina.

Newsflash: All the AFC teams that will make the playoffs all have average to below-average defenses.

Don't give me KC. The 2 times they've played a good QB they've been exposed.

Great second half by the offense, but we're looking at 2010-2012 with this defense any time either Talib or Dennard is missing.

Agreed. But lets not forget that they made it to two AFCCGs and a Super Bowl with that D, so they still have a fighting chance.

Gordon is out with a head injury. May not play next week

Phew, dodged a bullet then. I believe Gordon is a free agent next year. I know he's one doobie away from a year's suspension, but we should really look into it. He's probably one of the top 5 receivers in football nowadays, and one of the best deep threats in football. Imagine him, Gronk, Amendola and Dobson.

Edit, Josh Gordon is back in the game, 10 catches for 261 yards. Last week over 200+ yards. No receiver in the history of football has ever had back to back 200+ yard games. This guy scares the **** outta me.

Re: Re: The Official Patriots vs Texans game thread

Great second half by the offense, but we're looking at 2010-2012 with this defense any time either Talib or Dennard is missing.

What did the 2009 defense do to not be included in that bunch?

Agreed. But lets not forget that they made it to two AFCCGs and a Super Bowl with that D, so they still have a fighting chance.

While I don't disagree with your point, it seems to me that this offense doesn't give as much room for error as have the previous few.

No post game thread.?

Great game for Brady, Gostkowski, and Edelman, and Blount really played well. Another grind it out win. After losing both starting interior DL and Mayo the Pzatriots really are having a tough time stopping the run but I think Belichick can shore that up enough to make them serviceable. I would be much more concerned if their pass defense were the issue, but i believe that when Dennard and gregory are healthy then they will be fine in the secondary.

9-3 after all they have been through, with 2 games lost to the refs is excellent. They have a good shot at running the table.

The offense with all it's healthy pieces is just as good as the 2010-2012 offenses.

Edelman is a much improved player this year, Amendola is a solid 4th option, Vereen is as good of a receiver as there is out of the backfield, and Gronk is the best in the NFL.

Again though, it's imperative that these guys all STAY HEALTHY

Gronk's avg in the 6 games would have him on pace for

98 rec
1493 yards
11 TD

over 16 games

:eek:

The offense with all it's healthy pieces is just as good as the 2010-2012 offenses...

No, it's not. Hopefully that will change over the next few weeks but, as of now, it's clearly not as good.

No, it's not. Hopefully that will change over the next few weeks but, as of now, it's clearly not as good.

The offense post Gronk is averaging 400+ yards per game and 30+ points per game.

Burton and Fauria look so baked on 5th Quarter.

47-5 in December?

Seriously?

That's incredible.

Major props to Belichick and Brady.

2011-2012 Gronk was injured/out, so I'm assuming that he is going to stay healthy.

The offense post Gronk is averaging 400+ yards per game and 30+ points per game.

They have the stats and moving the ball well, but the offenses of 10-12 were just very efficient on third down, Welker moved the chains consistently, Woodhead was clutch on important plays, Gronk was Gronk, and the piece we miss the most in IMO was Hernandez what a matchup nightmare he was.

Remember earlier in the season when poor performance in the 3rd quarter was a big problem? Here's to small sample sizes.

Patriots are 3-1 when allowing 30+ points. Rest of NFL is 11-84

Gronk's avg in the 6 games would have him on pace for

98 rec
1493 yards
11 TD

over 16 games

:eek:

What a beast, he truly has been the difference for our offense, without a doubt, best TE in football. Huge difference maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back