PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time will tell

kmac14

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Bledsoe injured, Brady in for 20 years. Jones injured Hoyer in for 20 minutes. Zappe in for ??

Shoot me now please. Hahaha

I honestly thought it wasnt all that far fetched until the last 2 real possessions. That sack he took with 5 minutes left was real bad and more happy feet in ot when the pocket collapsed in the slightest. He may be great one day but hes not ready yet. Gb stacked the box and got away with it

He did well but please get me Mac back soon
I’m honestly not that confident in Mac that much either are you!? Im not sure a healthy Mac plays THAT much better than Zappe did …..especially with our OL that can’t preserve the pocket or pass block well…

I’m honestly not that confident in Mac that much either are you!? Im not sure a healthy Mac plays THAT much better than Zappe did …..especially with our OL that can’t preserve the pocket or pass block well…
I mean I'm not sold on Mac yet but I am by no means ready to give up on him and nothing today changes that. I think there has been plenty to be encouraged by with Mac and other than the turnovers to start the year he's done just about everything you'd want so far. Well I mean it would have been great if snap 1 last year he just dominated but other than that he's been pretty good and clearly still needs to grow

Our D is just like it has been for the past several seasons. Generally good but still unable to stop the opponent's O when a stop is direly needed.

Zappe didn’t turn the ball over other than his tackle whiffing on a block for a forced fumble.

If he can move the ball and not turn it over he’ll be better than Mac by default. I’d say the same thing if it were Hoyer.

You can’t turn the ball over and win. Mac leads the NFL in interceptions, that kind of efficiency will get you benched eventually.

Our D is just like it has been for the past several seasons. Generally good but still unable to stop the opponent's O when a stop is direly needed.
If you’re asking them to stop Aaron Rogers not once but twice in overtime you’re asking the impossible. If you turn the ball over against Baltimore 4 times and expect your defense to stop them again and again and again you’re asking the impossible.

It’s 2022, the game is too skewed in the offense’s favor. The Patriots need to play complementary football. Patricia was too conservative late in the game and in overtime… let the kid pass instead of run, run, running. You absolutely can’t give the ball back to Aaron Rogers a second time in overtime.

the title of this thread is wrong...it's "time has been told". Stop clinging onto the past, it's long gone...just like tyrannosaur armed I-See-A Whiff's career. We're four games IN and already scratching and clawing to even fill out a roster. Bailey Zappe has heart...but Bailey Zappe is a JOKE starting an NFL game at this point in his career. BB really screwed the pooch slotting Hoyer as Mac's back-up. No one seems to want to say it but I'll say it...Hoyer's NFL career was D-O-N-E five years ago. Ridiculous to take the chance of Mac getting through a season unscathed, especially with a turnstile Wynn allowing multiple free runs at ANY Patriot QB.

the title of this thread is wrong...it's "time has been told". Stop clinging onto the past, it's long gone...just like tyrannosaur armed I-See-A Whiff's career. We're four games IN and already scratching and clawing to even fill out a roster. Bailey Zappe has heart...but Bailey Zappe is a JOKE starting an NFL game at this point in his career. BB really screwed the pooch slotting Hoyer as Mac's back-up. No one seems to want to say it but I'll say it...Hoyer's NFL career was D-O-N-E five years ago. Ridiculous to take the chance of Mac getting through a season unscathed, especially with a turnstile Wynn allowing multiple free runs at ANY Patriot QB.
Good grief...

There are no moral victories, that being said this is the best 1-3 team in the entire league.

It came with reckless QB play from Mac and playing 3 of the best teams in the league and 4 of the toughest D’s in the league… also Zappe looked pretty good for a rookie.

Their next seven games are winnable games, some are real cremepuffs. They could easily be 8-3 assuming health and continued good QB play.

I don’t see why anyone would panic about that... yet here you are.

Hoyer got concussed. What are you even complaining about? You wished we had a better player to get concussed and then still watch Zappe? Should Bill only sign players with thicker skulls? What is your point other than to knock a guy when he's down? And not just down but down from injury?

Here's our next 7 opponents and 8 weeks...

Detroit Lions
Cleveland Browns
Chicago Bears
New York Jets
Indianapolis Colts
Bye Week
New York Jets
Minnesota Vikings

The only team we should fear is the Patriots, to date they have done a great job beating themselves. And that can end anytime they want it to.

Here's our next 7 opponents and 8 weeks...

Detroit Lions
Cleveland Browns
Chicago Bears
New York Jets
Indianapolis Colts
Bye Week
New York Jets
Minnesota Vikings

The only team we should fear is the Patriots, to date they have done a great job beating themselves. And that can end anytime they want it to.

No reason why the pats can't win all 7 of those games.

No reason why the pats can't win all 7 of those games.
Agreed, if they don’t beat themselves and stay healthy.

How many people had the Patriots winning 14 games? Nobody did. The toughest teams remaining on their schedule is Buffalo twice.

They can lose a couple more games and still make the playoffs. They have to get better play from the QB position and stay healthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore