PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Curran: Sources made 'clear to me' decision to move on from Belichick made after Germany game

You are serious? I don't know how to respond to these. If the Krafts are thinking like this, then they were more lucky than good.
Current Bill is not good. You can't pretend we have Bill from pre 2020 right now to assume anyone we get TODAY is a downgrade.

And keep in mind the Browns he had trending up became the Ravens thus trending up further, not the sad sack nouveau Browns that moved into the empty nest.
BB had the pick that became Ray Lewis.

Got to figure that BB knew that Lewis would be a HOF LB.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Numbnuts

IF you had a brain.

In other words you have no explanation for why you voted to keep Belichick as GM and coach a week ago, but now want him fired, which is what you wanted before you voted to keep him. I’m not the one with mental issues.

the fact that curran is repeating it in every show today likely means he is confident in his source.

IMO it's also a pretty reasonable assumption to make. There has never been much love between Kraft and BB. Even at the extreme height of their success, during the 2007 regular season winning streak, Kraft referred to BB as "the most miserable ******* I have ever known."

So when things go from bad to worse, it's sort of a predictable outcome.

Those who want Bill gone, please give a name of a coach you will like that is available. Lets hear it.

I would love to see Kraft go after Flores. Not only is he an excellent tactician, but he knows how to get players to play for him, and he also refuses to tank, which is why he got fired by Ross who literally offered him $100k per loss.

I would love to see Kraft go after Flores. Not only is he an excellent tactician, but he knows how to get players to play for him, and he also refuses to tank, which is why he got fired by Ross who literally offered him $100k per loss.
Look at Tua with Flores, a defensive mind vs McDaniel, an offensive mind.

I think you need an offensive coach first and foremost. Any OC you get could be gone after one year. An offensive head coach is here to stay.

A young QB will need stability.

Look at Tua with Flores, a defensive mind vs McDaniel, an offensive mind.

I think you need an offensive coach first and foremost. Any OC you get could be gone after one year. An offensive head coach is here to stay.

A young QB will need stability.
If I had to coach and play with Tyreek, folks will be pointing me out a shining example too. You need playmakers. BB has been poor in his identification of play makers who can make a big difference. He overly relied on Mac making good decisions and that influenced the type of players he went after. We are here also because of Mac’s skill set deficiencies. A slightly above average QB like Goff, Geno will make this team very competitive.

The Krafts should not over react.
Can it be that the Krafts made their mind to move on from BB after the Germany game in the sense that they saw how poor Mac was and decided it was not Bill? Get it? We all saw the clip of Kraft’s reaction after a very poor throw by Mac. Maybe they were on the fence and after the German game they saw who the problem was and it was not Bill so they made up their mind in moving on from Bill, which is not to sack him. Current’s key words are decisions. Was it a yes or a no from his sources or is he reading it a termination?
I know this is Skip Bayless level logic but it is plausible.

In other words you have no explanation for why you voted to keep Belichick as GM and coach a week ago, but now want him fired,
LSD is no joke.

Show everyone here where I want him fired Igor.
which is what you wanted before you voted to keep him. I’m not the one with mental issues.
Yes, for the last 20 odd years you've exhibited Brandon like erratic behavior. Too much LSD in the 60s and 70s at those Grateful Dead shows.

Am I wrong to think that TB SB win in TB, combined with the decline of the Patriots, has led to to more anger at Bill. Compared to the reaction if Brady stayed until retirement?

Kraft is probably thinking he is in a no win situation. If he lets Bill leave, he will be known as the owner who did not have the GOAT HC & QB retire on his watch. Letting Brady walk may make Kraft want to keep Bill even more.

If Bill stays, he knows a large portion of the fan base will be irate. That they no longer trust the direction of the organization. And that the 6x SB HC will go from a hero to a villain. Possibly, although highly doubtful, season ticket numbers will be affected. Could be Kraft's mindset.

Last edited:
If I had to coach and play with Tyreek, folks will be pointing me out a shining example too. You need playmakers. BB has been poor in his identification of play makers who can make a big difference. He overly relied on Mac making good decisions and that influenced the type of players he went after. We are here also because of Mac’s skill set deficiencies. A slightly above average QB like Goff, Geno will make this team very competitive.

Can it be that the Krafts made their mind to move on from BB after the Germany game in the sense that they saw how poor Mac was and decided it was not Bill? Get it? We all saw the clip of Kraft’s reaction after a very poor throw by Mac. Maybe they were on the fence and after the German game they saw who the problem was and it was not Bill so they made up their mind in moving on from Bill, which is not to sack him. Current’s key words are decisions. Was it a yes or a no from his sources or is he reading it a termination?
Just having Tyreek isn't the sole reason for Tua's improvement. All of the great QB's seem to have an offensive HC/offensive background.

The big issue with the NEP is not defense.

What a piece of history. Probably dismissed or ignored by most football fans. I certainly don't recall it. Thank you for the read.
Your welcome. I also never knew that Fox was responsible for the scorebox on the screen. I'd miss it if it was gone.

I'd argue it's also about money. There's nothing to explain the rules against DB's beyond "we want bigger numbers for fantasy which drives up viewership" - which has ironically led to this ****ty offensive product that Tom Brady has criticized recently.
I agree. It's all about money, viewership, betting, lawsuits, or lack there of, all of it.

Yeah, he should have went after Randy Moss when he had a chance.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Here's what really went down.

The FBI had a black hat lab engineer a virus in 2019 whose main purpose was to guarantee a physical, psychological, and mental meltdown after the loss of a perceived man of destiny, paid for by Roger Goodell, through his contact who wrote that Spygate report. Wells? Somebody.

That virus coincidentally became COVID-19 and it took a million American lives. They were collateral damage. The purpose of the whole misadventure was to make certain that the Patriots stayed down after Brady's departure.

We are finally at the end game...

/snark

OK, if this is the reality, the blank slate awaits in 2024. Realize though, we are past the years where you can answer "how do you know it will be any different" with "Because it's the Patriots." Pretty damn good run. I hope to see the beginning at least of another one... but I don't think I have time left on Earth to see another run like this gate to gate!

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back