PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Trent Brown trade to Pats

He’s out of place at T. He doesn’t have the agility and foot speed to succeed there consistently.

Michael Onwenu was ranked one of the 10 best right tackles in the entire NFL, not among rookies but the entire league, so what are you talking about ?

He’s better than Connor McDermott

All the Thuney fans are mourning

Great Move by pats but we still have two first round busts on our roster at RB and Wr and no QB!

Keep McDaniels in a closet on draft day and lock the door. No more bust picks from someone who thought Tim Tebow was a 1st rounder... or thought Chad Jackson, Harry, Maroney were good players. Keep Josh McDaniels locked in a closet.

Keep McDaniels in a closet on draft day and lock the door. No more bust picks from someone who thought Tim Tebow was a 1st rounder... or thought Chad Jackson, Harry, Maroney were good players. Keep Josh McDaniels locked in a closet.

Whoever traded the second for Sanu should never be near a phone ever again.
Even if it was BB.
We might as well of had goodell strip it or gave the pick away or light in on fire somehow.

Good trade. Wish it was for more than one year. I also hope we sign Andrews.
Does this also mean Cannon will be cut?

Now we just need someone halfway decent for him to protect. Good trade.

BB is so nasty. I bet when Mount tested positive & placed on Covid list . his brain automatically started calculating: ok, big contract, no guarantees left, missing multiple games, Mayock tight w cap, chance for NLTBE incentives.. (takes a sip)

If he likes it here and shows he’s in good form my guess he stays past the season.

BB is so nasty. I bet when Mount tested positive & placed on Covid list his brain automatically started calculating: ok, big contract, no guarantees left, missing multiple games, Mayock tight w cap, chance for NLTBE incentives.. (takes a sip)
The fact your brain went there sounds like you should
Be a in a NFL front office.

If not cut, Cannon will for sure have to restructure his current contract, but it's not looking good for Marcus at this point.

A good excerpt from Kyed regarding Cannon:

The Patriots could look to retain Cannon for depth purposes. Wynn has only played in 18-of-48 (37.5 percent) possible games since being selected in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft. Brown played in 16-of-32 possible contests with the Raiders, though he did stay healthy for all 16 games (and playoffs) with New England in 2018. Cannon, with a $7 million salary, would be an expensive backup, but it’s an important role with Wynn in a starting spot. Patriots 2020 sixth-round pick Justin Herron also showed potential in the swing tackle spot as a rookie, and Onwenu has the versatility to play guard or right tackle.

Whoever traded the second for Sanu should never be near a phone ever again.
Even if it was BB.
We might as well of had goodell strip it or gave the pick away or light in on fire somehow.

Yeah, fire the people who didn't anticipate him getting his ankle wrecked at the start of his third game with us.

Good points about Cannon - the simple answer is he is cut to mostly offset Brown's cost, but I like the idea of a 1-year extension for like $1 million with a signing bonus to spread his hit over 2 years. He's not who he once was but a good reserve swing tackle is hard to find. $4m a year for two years is reasonable.

Michael Onwenu was ranked one of the 10 best right tackles in the entire NFL, not among rookies but the entire league, so what are you talking about ?
Ranked by who? You act like you are stating a fact.
Regardless of any of that his skill set is better suited at G and it’s not even really debatable. He did well playing out of position but his agility, speed and quickness will get exposed if you leave him out of position. I mean it’s just a matter of evaluating the players strengths and weaknesses and what position he is best suited for. It’s not that hard.

Brown seems VERY happy to be coming back. Love to see it. His second quote is interesting. I wonder if it means he is open to signing a team-friendly extension next offseason.

"In the first post, Brown posted a Patriots team photo of himselfat the team’s Super Bowl parade following their victory in Super Bowl LIII against the Los Angeles Rams.

The caption: “I LOVE IT HERE ‼️” while also tagging the Patriots.

While Brown celebrated his return to New England, he also implied that he wasn’t particularly happy with the Raiders, even after signing a four-year, $66 million contract.

Brown wrote on Twitter: “Money don’t mean (expletive) if you ain’t happy I swear to GOD!!”"

Wynn could be traded as well. I can't see us taking a fifth year option on him ........ I'm just speculating. A high second round pick could net us a quality OT.

Wynn and Cannon to Atlanta for their second and, maybe, Chris Lindstrom LG. Left Tackles playing at high levels are worth a fortune. Also, it could be part of a trade up to the Fourth pick (for example). Again, just speculation.

We don't know what's going on in Foxboro, just that BB will be aggressive. BB appears to have a plan.

Yeah, fire the people who didn't anticipate him getting his ankle wrecked at the start of his third game with us.
He wasn’t worth a second ever in his career.
In my humble opinion.
We needed him to be Batman and at his best he wasn’t even Robin

According to Reiss, who I trust, he was better at Guard. Who are we putting at Guard then if we don't resign Thuney, Wynn? I'm not
trying to be down on Wynn, but I trust Owenu at guard more than I do Wynn at this point...then the questions begs to ask, who do I trust
more at tackle, Cannon, Wynn or Owenu....
He was excellent at RT. I think Mike knows this stuff and don't disagree Owenu did well at G but I firmly believe you don't mess with a young player who kicks ass at one position and trying to make him play another. Hes still developing. They messed up badly with Marcus Cannon back in 2014. Can't have that happen again.

Wynn's injury history is a major concern. I think it's possible they may either a) try trade Wynn b/c they don't want to guarantee his 5th year option or b) negotiate some kind of extension so he is around but paid based on availability/performance.

Wynn has been fine as a LT. If it's Mt. Brown at RT that works.

I'm concerned about Owenu's development. They got something special with that kid. Can't muck with him too much.

The man dominated at RT.

Not sure why folks are quick to move him.
Because he wasn't drafted to be the RT going forward. He was drafted for Guard. Just because he played RT better than expected doesn't mean that's where the Pats will put him..

Why are you so quick to move Wynn inside? A position he hasn't actually played at the Pro level?

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back