PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tully Banta-Cain

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least one of our OLB's looked good! Tully continues to be one of the best special teamers around.

I post this as a reminder to those who would have cut Tully and kept Redd.

That's me. I'd still keep Redd over TBC based on his upside. We'll see how he does over the rest of TC and the regular season if he makes the final 53 (which he probably will, I admit).

I have no problem with TBC as an Izzo replacement on ST and occasional situational pass rusher at DE. I'd be scared sh*tl*ss if we counted on him for any meaningful playing time at OLB.

TBC showed some nice speed along the edge against the Eagles. In fact, I don't think we saw a single sack in 2008 where a LB rushes right around the tackle for the QB. As long as he sticks to rushing the passer and not trying to stop the run, he should have a decent season.
With the caveat that if he comes in on a passing down, but the opposing team runs the ball at his side of the field, then we should tell him to cancel the "not trying to stop the run" junk and just go ahead and tackle thr runner or maintain contain to turn the runner inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents