Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the NFL allow teams to add coaches in the post-season?

• Yes

Votes: 142 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the issue, just in general terms, I think it is bad policy for the league to allow coaches to jump ship during playoffs. Sorry. If the acquiring team is still in the playoffs, it shouldn't be allowed. Of course we are talking about a league that turns its back on player tampering...so why enact another charade. But can't you see a scenario where playoff team A approaches a team out of the playoffs and says, "Let me hire your guy for the short term and we can work out compensation." Can O' Worms...I say

A ban on hiring would have to be leaguewide otherwise the Patriots would have been barred from hiring McDaniel while the Chefs were offering him a deal.

Beyond that this stuff goes on all the time and there were writers crowing about how awesome it was that rex Ryan was using his brother to collaborate on a defense to beat NE in the play-offs last year. Coaches are always going to use the people and information available to them, and their pals are going to help them as much as they can, short of a leaguewide ban on everyone and anyone talking to each other it will always be this way.

LOL! The National hate/fascination with the Patriots is really a compliment when you look at it. They'll say anything to try and diminish what we do, but it's only because we've been a Super Bowl threat basically the past decade. Nothing annoys people more than constant winning! Ha Ha @ all the haters (especially those so-called "professional" writers) On another note... people wonder why Belichick doesn't like the media?

Haters: "Right, I mean that evil bastard Belichick even went to Dion Warwick's psychic hotline last week and even went so far as to have a genuine witch doctor construct Casey Hampton, Brett Keisel, Max Starks and Ben Rothlisberger voodoo dolls out of Hitler's toupee. Then he spent all day yesterday chanting backwards in ancient aramaic as he stuck the dolls with zircon encrusted push pins. That way he didn't even have to waste any time preparing for the Steelers or the Bengals during the playoff bye week."

"He's evil, I tell ya, evil! When Saint Tim T goes to Foxboro it'll be like a real life version of Dan Brown's novel 'Angels & Demons'. Matter and anti-matter may obliterate the universe. Belichick MUST. BE. STOPPED!" :scared:

(sarcasm of course)
======================================

We beat the snot out of Denver well before McDaniels even became available. What was their excuse then?

PS - But I'm glad we're renting space in their heads worrying about stuff like this. Anything the makes a Pats' hater cry themselves to sleep improves bloodflow to a region I shouldn't talk about here. :)

Last edited:
Belichick picked up McDaniels now for 2 reasons ..neither was to cheat or find some kind of loophole.

1) McDaniels was likely to be highly pursued by KC,TB or Miami
2) O'Brien needs to have time to spend getting things ready at his new location

Two writers should have a dose of shut up served on the end of a fist.

Last edited:
Aren't these scum of the earth writers liable for slander at some point?

It shouldnt be allowed, but im still glad we were able to do it.

Why do people even click on some of these links..........who cares what some moron thinks?

Aren't these scum of the earth writers liable for slander at some point?
If it's written, it's libel, not slander. Either way, it's opinion. But they are scumbags.

We played Denver without McD. Plus he coached that team a year ago.

There may be no rule against McDaniels working immediately for the Pats

Which successfully ends any case this donkey **** from denver had.

Wa wa wa wa.

Baby whinebags.

If you read Adam Schefter's comments about Jim Irsay and Nick Caserio, you can infer that there's a requirement that when a team asks for permission to talk to someone under contract with another team, the League is notified. This would make sense, since they're the ones enforcing the tampering rules. It would be reasonable to assume that these requests go out on the league transactions wire that all teams receive. Once the Patriots asked the Rams for permission to speak with JM, it would have been incumbent upon the Broncos to protest at that point. The reason why they didn't is probably because if their protest was upheld and St. Louis subesequently fired him, he might have grounds for legal action against the Broncos, if he could show that their protest affected his ability to find another job. I would assume that the Broncos might have considered protesting, but decided that it wasn't worth the risk. The other factor is that Denver is probably still paying Mc Daniels. If the Patriots hire him and give him a raise, that probably reduces what Denver still owes him.

Last edited:
Every time I come up with a point to make, Ivan goes and makes the same point, but makes it better than I could have. It's quite annoying.

OT: Op Ed from tomorrow's NY Times

Bill Belichick, evil genius or just Evil...?

Mod edit: Sorry we cannot post entire articles- please see the sticky by Ian on the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Silver, Josh McD, and Spygate

Glazer’s report that McDaniels told his assistants the Patriots’ taping practices were far worse than the incident for which the Broncos got caught, allegedly saying that what went down in New England “was practiced … was coached … was worked on.” I wish McDaniels the best of luck explaining that apparent sellout move and utter lack of gratitude to Belichick, his mentor, and to his former Patriots colleagues and players.

From Ryan possesses key element Rodgers lacks - NFL - Yahoo! Sports by Michael Silver, in a column whose main theme was the superiority of the Falcons over the eventual Super Bowl champion Packers.

Clearly, it's been somewhat debunked by the fact of McDaniels' hiring. Has there been even a more thorough debunking than that?

Re: Michael Silver, Josh McD, and Spygate

From Ryan possesses key element Rodgers lacks - NFL - Yahoo! Sports by Michael Silver, in a column whose main theme was the superiority of the Falcons over the eventual Super Bowl champion Packers.

Clearly, it's been somewhat debunked by the fact of McDaniels' hiring. Has there been even a more thorough debunking than that?

It looks to me that the quotes attributed to McDaniels easily could've been taken out of context or twisted to reference something unintended.

Re: OT: Op Ed from tomorrow's NY Times

Bill Belichick, evil genius or just Evil...?

Mod edit: Sorry we cannot post entire articles- please see the sticky by Ian on the subject.

You're kidding right? *I* wrote it. I made it up as a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back