PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Curran says Belichick has been on the hot seat since 2019

You're literally arguing it with me in the other thread. Am I just a nameless NPC to you? Lol
lol that's too funny. Sorry, I need to pay better attention I guess.

Is he really "dumb" or you just don't like him? He's well educated, has an MBA. And after 10 years, he has sources inside the Patriots organization, or he wouldn't have his job.
An MBA! Boy howdy! Yes, he's dumb as a rock. And I ALSO don't like him. Mostly because he's dumb as rock and resorts to the same hot take farm that Felger (who's nowhere NEAR as stupid as Volin) grows his. Half the time his work 'around the NFL' consists of copying from other, better writers.

Really, the fact that you take that clown seriously tells us all we need to know about you.

Like I said nothing. Or amounted to nothing. Tell me I'm wrong. Friggin Tom Brady for Christ's sake.
OK you are wrong.
Plausible deniability, I suppose congratulations on trying to be Krafty... but that's weak leadership. And still, RKK absolutely had to have been at least on board with the no franchise clause.
FIFY

Weak leadership? LOL. We all know your agenda is to blame Kraft for not stepping in to keep Tom.

Fact: He's paying BB $20m a year to make those decisions.

An MBA! Boy howdy! Yes, he's dumb as a rock. And I ALSO don't like him. Mostly because he's dumb as rock and resorts to the same hot take farm that Felger (who's nowhere NEAR as stupid as Volin) grows his. Half the time his work 'around the NFL' consists of copying from other, better writers.
Felger doesn't have an MBA, which apparently you think is trash anyway. Is it Dr. Rochrist? Just want to make sure I address you properly. I guess the Globe just likes having a piece of **** dumbass on their staff... is that it?

Felger doesn't have an MBA, which apparently you think is trash anyway. Is it Dr. Rochrist? Just want to make sure I address you properly. I guess the Globe just likes having a piece of **** dumbass on their staff... is that it?
The Boston Globe has all it can handle just trying to stay in business.

Dude, I said right now. I'm not ranking their full careers.

Postseason Record 2019-2022:

Andy Reid = 10-2 (SB win)
Sean McVay = 5-1 (SB win)
Kyle Shanahan = 6-3 (SB appearance)
Zac Taylor = 5-2 (SB appearance)
Nick Sirianni = 2-2 (SB appearance)
Matt LaFluer = 2-3
Sean McDermott = 4-4
Doug Pederson = 1-2
John Harbaugh = 1-3
Brian Daboll = 1-1 (only one season)
Kevin O'Connell = 0-1 (only one season)

Bill Belichick = 0-1

In hindsight perhaps I should have put O'Connell in the too new category with Daboll but instead I've added Daboll to the list.
McVay won five games last year joker.

He'll win roughly the same this year... laughable.

Why?

Because the salary cap exists...

Weak leadership? LOL. We all know your agenda is to blame Kraft for not stepping in to keep Tom.
Agenda isn't the right word there but yes to a degree I do blame Kraft. How can you not? He owns the friggin team and at some point in time he had the balls to push Parcells out of town. But he goes MIA on Brady? WTF.

In Fairness to Ben Volin, it's Only Been 4 Years Since a Patriots Journo Got Punked into Reporting a ******** Story by a Fake DM

Coaches salaries don't count against the salary cap Einstein.
Really? Like I didn't already know that. Is BB worth $20,000,000 per? That's the question.

Don't shoot the messenger. Volin is an asshat, but Why is Bill the Coach infallible? we're talking one game under .500 since Bill the GM didn't want Brady. Hovering around .500 is prime Jeff Fisher territory. In the three years since Brady left you can count on 3 fingers (maybe if you're generous) the amount of quality teams the Patriots have defeated. They've beaten up on the bad teams, and lose to every good team they play outside of playing in a hurricane in Buffalo). It's amazing to me how many people on here want to "pay" Bill the Coach for his past performance when Bill the GM is the one who never wants to pay for past performance and wants to schittcan guys a year early instead of a year late.
The owner should've gotten rid of Bill the Coach and GM last year. But he won't; Kraft will keep him around until he breaks the all time coaching win record - imagine the t-**** and NFT sales!. Until, we'll have to endure every snort and guffaw and every "have to coach better, have to play better" after every mounting loss until such time as Kraft realizes Bill needs to go.

McVay won five games last year joker, he'll win roughly the same this year... laughable.

Why?

Because the salary cap exists...
The why is Stafford sucked last season before he went on IR and then McVay was stuck with Mayfield, Wolford, and Perkins.

Another 5 win season for the Rams in 2023? I'd bet your wrong on that.

I'll keep repeating the same refrain...Kraft has already shown his "patience" limit in Head Coaches indicating when he will examine making a head coaching change. Pete Carroll had three years of decline - and both he and Grier were let go (Grier by Belichick vice Kraft). If this is a third year of decline...expect replacing the HC as a legitimate conversation at year end coming from the head shed.

I understand they're two different scenarios with now significant history on BB's side, but senior managers (i.e. big business CEOs/COOs) don't tend to look at the variables as much as the bottom line in firing/retaining decisions: have you met the goal or not?

The why is Stafford sucked last season before he went on IR and then McVay was stuck with Mayfield, Wolford, and Perkins.

But Bill has that crappy QB Mac that you don't like and won more games.
BTW this is noodle arm Mac throwing a 70 yard dart so can we stop with the noodle arm nonsense you guys spew every week.

This is the question I asked... what franchise is bringing in Belichick for an all time wins ceremony?
BB is no different than Phil Jackson was in going to the LA Lakers. All the FOTM talking about the absolute "trash" roster totally torpedo this line of thinking that he's also a washed up coach because if the roster is so terrible how did they win even half their games those years?

Do you think the Bengals wouldn't even THINK about it? Hell, what about Tampa Bay? They wouldn't consider it? The Bears wouldn't because of the circumstances, but if they were any other franchise given who is coaching them now...damn right they would. BTW the NY JETS TOTALLY WOULD! (not that he'd go...but they'd definitely ask)

Really? Like I didn't already know that. Is BB worth $20,000,000 per? That's the question.
You don’t seem to know much, your here arguing that paying a franchise caliber QB less isn’t to the benefit of the rest of the roster. Then you suggest BB is effecting the teams ability to pay players which is nonsensical.

I'm arguing this in another thread. That play falls on the coaching staff... specifically the head coach. Anything but a kneel down in that spot was dumb.
Not available but better right now...

Andy Reid
Sean McVay
Kyle Shanahan
Doug Pederson
Zac Taylor
Nick Sirianni
Matt LaFluer
John Harbaugh
Kevin O'Connell
Sean McDermott

That pushes Bill out of the current top 10 head coaches. I can't say he's better because he's too new but I would still take Brian Daboll over Belichick at this point. I like Sean Payton too but let's see if can straighten out Russell Wilson.
Yet we all know who he is and he's got people talking. He's been at the Globe for 10 years as their senior NFL reporter and you think he has "zero" creditable sources?? That's a really dumb take.
Again, you can't escape the no franchise clause. There is no way RKK didn't have a major hand in that. And avoiding a public tar and feathering didn't exactly work out, RKK has taken a fair share of criticism for the Brady departure. 1) That he let him go and 2) that he got absolutely nothing back for a quarterback who went on to win a Super Bowl and have MVP caliber seasons.
49ers quarterbacks had a 102.3 passer rating, 30 TDs, and 9 INTs. That's better than okay. Shanahan is a great head coach however and he got a lot out of less than elite quarterbacks. Garoppolo was playing really well last season before he got injured.
You defended the Patricia hiring as though your life depended on it.

In better shape how? The football team is 25-26 and currently at best the third ranked team in their division. When was the last time you could say that? Probably 2000.
Dude, I said right now. I'm not ranking their full careers.

Postseason Record 2019-2022:

Andy Reid = 10-2 (SB win)
Sean McVay = 5-1 (SB win)
Kyle Shanahan = 6-3 (SB appearance)
Zac Taylor = 5-2 (SB appearance)
Nick Sirianni = 2-2 (SB appearance)
Matt LaFluer = 2-3
Sean McDermott = 4-4
Doug Pederson = 1-2
John Harbaugh = 1-3
Brian Daboll = 1-1 (only one season)
Kevin O'Connell = 0-1 (only one season)

Bill Belichick = 0-1

In hindsight perhaps I should have put O'Connell in the too new category with Daboll but instead I've added Daboll to the list.
Like I said nothing. Or amounted to nothing. Tell me I'm wrong. Friggin Tom Brady for Christ's sake.

Plausible deniability, I suppose congratulations on trying to be crafty... but that's weak leadership. And still, RKK absolutely had to have been at least on board with the no franchise clause.
Is he really "dumb" or you just don't like him? He's well educated, has an MBA. And after 10 years, he has sources inside the Patriots organization, or he wouldn't have his job.
giphy.gif

So one year removed from winning a Super Bowl, Stafford lost his magic QB powers…. the same ones that waited twelve years to manifest the moment he moved from Detroit to LA… got it.

It had nothing at all to do with their offensive line being a joke and Stafford leading the entire league in sacks through the first month of last season.

The problem with believing magic QB’s are responsible for anything and everything, is you have to take ridiculous quantum leaps in logic like this ^ one to pretend it makes sense.

I couldn't care less what Volin thinks and I'm certainly not clicking on any of his links.

That being said...

Belichick must know he hasn't much time left to turn the team around. History tells hims that other multiple time Super Bowl winning coaches were fired with similar, or even better records than Belichick's last 3 years.
Mike Shanahan was fired by the Broncos after the 2008 season, he had been 24-24 in his last 3 seasons (and 13-3 the year before that).
Don Shula was fired after an 9-7 season in 1995. He was 28-20 in his last 3 seasons
Chuck Noll was fired after an 7-9 season. We was 25-23 in his last 3 years.
Paul Brown was fired by the Browns after an 7-6-1 record in 1962. He was 23-14-3 in his last 3 years. The Browns won another championship (although their last to date) 2 years later, in 1964.

On top of that, Belichick didn't help himself when he said the Patriots were 27th in spending in 2022...a year after spending an NFL record $163M in guaranteed money in 2021 free agency. In this world of big egos, Belichick pushing the blame toward RKK for the team lack of success wasn't the right thing to do if he was looking for job security. Moreover, that free agent class hasn't really provided what was expected of them; other than Judon, all the other signings are either busts or vastly overpaid. I'm sure that 2021 overspending wasn't lost on Kraft when Belichick commented on the lack of team spending.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back