PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Curran says Belichick has been on the hot seat since 2019

His record was factual, you tried to glorify what he did with the browns, then called a guy who coached their 3 years prior “ancient history”
Watch the documentary, learn something.
Where did I say that?
Why didn't his QB magic work in 2002. And stop saying you didn't attach magic powers to Tom and his ability to win despite it all... you did, you do it all the time.

And this is the 2nd time you've dodged that question.
You heard me chuckles... hero worship. Cheerleading.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

He’s the single most important piece to the success, you can’t really debate it
So that's the third time you've dodged that question... I'll just chalk that up to cowardice and an inability to defend the indefensible.

Watch the documentary, learn something.
He coached 5 seasons and won 1 playoff game. Correct me if I’m wrong, thanks
Why didn't his QB magic work in 2002. And stop saying you didn't attach magic powers to Tom and his ability to win despite it all... you did, you do it all the time.
Huh? You’re picking out the 1 seasons in 20+ years he didn’t make the playoffs to prove something? Solid argument
This is the 2nd time you've dodged this question.

You heard me... hero worship. Cheerleading.
Nobody knows what you’re talking about
So that's the third time you've dodged that question... I'll just chalk that up to cowardice and an inability to defend the indefensible.
Why is the coach 80-90 with 2 playoff appearances in 10 seasons without him? He may not be perfect or magic, but it was certainly a rabbit up Bills hoodie

Funny how you have a pithy answer for everything until I ask you why Tom's QB magic didn't work in 2002 after they won in 2001. Then it's "huh," as if you didn't understand the question. That's the third time you've dodged that question.
Nobody knows what you’re talking about
Sure... nobody knows.

giphy.gif

Why is the coach 80-90 with 2 playoff appearances in 10 seasons without him? He may not be perfect or magic, but it was certainly a rabbit up Bills hoodie
So that's the fourth time you've dodged the question. Simple enough... you have no answers. Your magical QB nonsense only works when the team surrounding the QB is great, otherwise it fails.

Nite nite chuckles...

Funny how you have a pithy answer for everything until I ask you why Tom's QB magic didn't work in 2002 after they won in 2001. Then it's "huh," as if you didn't understand the question. That's the third time you've dodged that question.
Why did Brady miss the playoffs once in 2 decades? This is your argument?
Sure... nobody knows.

giphy.gif

So that's the fourth time you've dodged the question. Simple enough... you have no answers. Your magical QB nonsense only works when the team surrounding the QB is great, otherwise it fails.

Nite nite chuckles...
Not your best work, you were outplayed from the get go. More guesses than facts from you tonight. Tomorrow is a new day, shake it off

Camp starts in two weeks.

I don't know, if Kraft told BB he wanted Obie as his successor and Obie wasn't available for another year then whose fault was it?
Making things up out of thin air does nothing to help you.

Belichick is responsible for the clustermess which was last year’s coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball. Period.

the whole argument is pathetic. Brady played 18 healthy seasons in NE and made the playoffs 17 times. It is beyond hilarious how desperately he clings to the one outlier season as if it proves anything.

You know, if you take away 2001, 2003 thru 2007, and 2009 thru 2021 then Brady really isn’t anything special…

Last edited:
I asked you why his QB magic comes and goes... isn't it a constant?

I'll take this as you dodging the question for a fifth... or is it fourth time, I'm losing count.
Not your best work, you were outplayed from the get go. More guesses than facts from you tonight. Tomorrow is a new day, shake it off
So you avoid talking about Eli Manning and Nick Foles for like the hundredth time. But that's the crux of this QB magic argument for you fanboys.

Tom Brady is responsible for everything, until they lose... then it's everyone else's fault.

the whole argument is pathetic. Brady played 18 healthy seasons in NE and made the playoffs 17 times. It is beyond hilarious how desperately he clings to the one outlier season as if it proves anything.

You know, if you take away 2001, 2003 thru 2007, and 2009 thru 2021 then Brady really isn’t anything special…
Of course he made the playoffs, he was an elite QB on good to great teams. This is clearly evident in the stats:

r0W9MDM.png

We've seen what an elite QB looks like on a bad team with Deshaun Watson leading the NFL in total offense and passing in 2020... 4 wins.

We've seen what an elite QB looks like on a good offense but 32nd ranked defense when Brees led the NFL in passing for three straight years from 2014-2016... 7 wins, 7 wins, 7 wins.

So an elite QB on a crap team... good for about 4-7 wins.

Of course he made the playoffs, he was an elite QB on good to great teams. This is clearly evident in the stats:
Stats are for losers. Those “good to great” teams were 5-13 under Belichick before Brady took over and are barely clinging to .500 since he left.

I asked you why his QB magic comes and goes... isn't it a constant?
Comes and goes? 17/18 making the playoffs isn’t going dummy. Bill hits .200 doing that without him
I'll take this as you dodging the question for a fifth... or is it fourth time, I'm losing count.
Probably because you’re out of your mind and when you are shown facts you make things up like a pathetic whiny child
So you avoid talking about Eli Manning and Nick Foles for like the hundredth time. But that's the crux of this QB magic argument for you fanboys.
Why is Bill 80-90 without his magic weapon? Why are you dodging this question? It’s been 3 times now live avoided it
Tom Brady is responsible for everything, until they lose... then it's everyone else's fault.
What?

r0W9MDM.png

We've seen what an elite QB looks like on a bad team with Deshaun Watson leading the NFL in total offense and passing in 2020... 4 wins.

We've seen what an elite QB looks like on a good offense but 32nd ranked defense when Brees led the NFL in passing for three straight years from 2014-2016... 7 wins, 7 wins, 7 wins.

An elite qb on a crap team just won the Super Bowl last year

How many rings do Wilson and Ben have btw? Must be 7 each

Put yourself in Krafts shoes.

Kraft put his trust in bill. Leading to Bradys exit. Since then he got to watch Brady win a Superbowl while patriots became a middling team.

Then he puts his trust in Bill again with the Patricia/judge fiasco and the Patriots look even worse.

It is quite funny hearing fans who defend bills mantra of "it's not what you did for me in the past it's what you can do for me now" to justify releasing top players.

Yet it's all about "bills history with the organization" when it comes to him.

I think patriots need to see stark improvement for Kraft to be happy. Personally I think they will.

Stats are for losers. Those “good to great” teams were 5-13 under Belichick before Brady took over and are barely clinging to .500 since he left.
If you do this for BBs 10 seasons without Brady, it shows he averaged a 10.7 ranked defense over 10 years. Surely hes won multiple playoff games right? Made it at least half of his years? Won a ring? No? Oh so one stat with 0 context can easily be used against him?

Put yourself in Krafts shoes.

Kraft put his trust in bill. Leading to Bradys exit. Since then he got to watch Brady win a Superbowl while patriots became a middling team.

Then he puts his trust in Bill again with the Patricia/judge fiasco and the Patriots look even worse.

It is quite funny hearing fans who defend bills mantra of "it's not what you did for me in the past it's what you can do for me now" to justify releasing top players.

Yet it's all about "bills history with the organization" when it comes to him.

I think patriots need to see stark improvement for Kraft to be happy. Personally I think they will.
best post of the thread

r0W9MDM.png

Obviously, there's 2 sides to every story and you left out the one that didn't fit your narrative.

The Pats defensive ranking average since Brady left has remain at the same level. So where are all the championships ?

I'm sure you will go back to your argument that this is a team game. Well, go do the math over the Ravens past 5 seasons. You'll see that Jackson actually had a greater help than Brady from his defense. 4 of 5 years they were into the top 3. So were are all the championships?

Winning a championship is hard. It takes a special player to bring a team 10 times to the championship game. Of course it's a team game, nobody would win with high school talent, but a lot of teams and a lot of coaches had great talent over the years, yet there's only 1 individual that made it regulary to the championship game. If you can't see the impact Brady had on the team, then I'm sorry for you, you missed the show off a lifetime.

Are you auditioning for local sports talk radio, where nontroversies and conspiracy theories abound??..
Please take your 12:00 nap today.

No, he came out and said he had a bright future.

He didn't say he was the Patriot's head coach of the future.

"Well, he's definitely a strong candidate to be the heir apparent," Kraft said of the inside linebackers coach (via NFL.com), "but we have some other good people in our system.”

Split the difference. There are very few things that would get me to stop following the Patriots, but if Kraft passes on Mayo to give O’Brien the HC job that would probably be one of them. While I hope he’s successful as their OC I can’t stand the guy, and I think he would ruin the team, just as he did in Houston, if he became the HC.

Not sure why we need to resort to name calling. But I’m sure you’re aware of all of the other quarterbacks he’s drafted and had success with right? It rhymes with hero

Don Shula never won a ring with Marino, Dungy and the other Indy coaches won 1 with Manning. Belichick delivered more rings to more players than any coach in history, and had a 20 year dynasty in a free agency era where no other franchise has had one, Anyone who doesn’t understand how great a coach and GM he has been is a moron.

Don Shula never won a ring with Marino, Dungy and the other Indy coaches won 1 with Manning. Belichick delivered more rings to more players than any coach in history, and had a 20 year dynasty in a free agency era where no other franchise has had one, Anyone who doesn’t understand how great a coach and GM he has been is a moron.
Not sure what the point of this response was

After Jerry Jones purchased the Cowboys he went out to find Tom Landry on the golf course and fire him. GM Tex Schramm couldn't do it.

Joe Pa would not leave Penn State and the University was stuck with him. How do you fire a HC who had been there 40 plus years? Then the pedo scandal took him down.

Jerry Jones divorce from Jimmy Johnson was messy.

Bob Kraft and Tuna Parcells parting of ways was drama made for television.

Tom Coughlin leaving the Giants was acrimonious. Tom Coughlin admits that the Giants forced him out as coach

The options are few on a way to move on from Beleichick. Even if he steps down, it will appear that he was forced out. The ONLY way to go out for BB is to win his 7th Super Bowl as HC and retire the next day.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back