PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Update: Curran says Belichick has been on the hot seat since 2019

I think if they build up that offensive line and rushing attack they will improve, Pickett has some tools to work with and they're a well run organization.
So Pickett himself doesn't have to improve? Just everyone around him? That doesn't work in the long term. I thought he looked better than his numbers would indicate last season but HE has to improve in many areas. If he doesn't then their running game won't matter one bit.

Deshaun Watson was the best QB in football in 2020, he won 4 games on a crap team.

Brees led the NFL in passing there years in a row on a top three offense, his defense was ranked 32nd worst... he won 7 games three years in a row.

An elite QB on a bad team is worth about 4-7 wins a season.

You only look at the great teams and ignore the crap teams... then tell us to believe in unicorns.
Can't you ever just answer a direct question? I'll try again... how many of those same teams with their new quarterbacks are making the postseason?

Deshaun Watson was the best QB in football in 2020, he won 4 games on a crap team.

Brees led the NFL in passing there years in a row on a top three offense, his defense was ranked 32nd worst... he won 7 games three years in a row.

An elite QB on a bad team is worth about 4-7 wins a season.

You only look at the great teams and ignore the crap teams... then tell us to believe in unicorns.
There is no possible reasonable evaluation that says deshaun Watson was the best QB in football in 2020.

So Pickett himself doesn't have to improve? Just everyone around him? That doesn't work in the long term. I thought he looked better than his numbers would indicate last season but HE has to improve in many areas. If he doesn't then their running game won't matter one bit.
Where did I say that... I didn't.

I said he has some tools to work with.
Can't you ever just answer a direct question? I'll try again... how many of those same teams with their new quarterbacks are making the postseason?
You're asking me to handicap the entire league for you right now... I'm not prepared to do that.

Last edited:
There is no possible reasonable evaluation that says deshaun Watson was the best QB in football in 2020.
Let's see... he led the entire NFL in total offense ahead of Patrick Mahomes, he led the entire NFL in passing yards, he had the second highest QB Rating in the NFL after league MVP Aaron Rogers.

He had 4 wins.

That's the crux of this QB magic BS, it suggests there is some opaque invisible intangible that only QB's on great teams possess and the QB's on crap teams don't... it's not that he was simply on a crap team.

And only rabid QB fanboys can see this magical quality, otherwise it's imperceptible to the eye and not visible in stats.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I didn’t “endorse” the move, I said I understood the thought process behind it. And unlike people like you instead of arrogantly telling the world how something is going to turn out in order to be the biggest complainer in sight, I choose to try to understand the reasoning and be hopeful. You chose to tear dune everything patriots and predict doom.
Well, imagine that... I was 100% correct.

Look at you... you understood it, you saw the reasoning, and it made you hopeful... but you didn't endorse it? Yeah, right bub, sure sounds like an endorsement... "hopeful" with Patricia. Embarrassing.

And I don't have to pull up the old thread, you're on the verge of saying the same things here and now.

You're asking me to handicap the entire league for you right now... I'm not prepared to do that.
I gave you a specific list of teams with new quarterbacks. Playoffs or no? Not complicated.

If you can't trust a man who looks like @crawhammer when it comes sports - a true super athlete - then who can you trust?

6Gvryg4.png

My version of this story is Bill intended to trade TB to San Fran for a load of #1's, sign Jimmy G. RK went beserk, BB kept TB and traded Jimmy. That's always been my version and nothing has changed my mind. Not saying Bill's intention was good or bad but it's in line with his planning and that my friends is when things started going downhill.
Mine too! I actually think that was the right play. I love Tom, but how on Earth could anyone have known he would continue to be so great for so long. That was such a longshot. Looks easy in hindsight, but it wasn't. Trading him for #1's would have been typical "year too early" Bill trying to set us up for the future, and I would have been fine with it.

I gave you a specific list of teams with new quarterbacks. Playoffs or no? Not complicated.
It's really complicated, if you don't believe one player is going to make everything happen on his own.

Now, if Bill took Brady out in 2001 and put Drew back in then I don't believe they would have won the SB. But if you left Brady in and switched to the OC I feel they could have.
Well, Drew actually won the AFC Championship game vs Pitt. Although he did almost throw it away with that ridiculous pitch/pass.

While I think that Super Bowl was won more by the defense than the offense, I doubt Drew would have pulled off that game winning drive to set up Adam. Brady was nearly sacked as it was, and Drew was a monumental statue...

Last edited:
Let's see... he led the entire NFL in total offense ahead of Patrick Mahomes, he led the entire NFL in passing yards, he had the second highest QB Rating in the NFL after league MVP Aaron Rogers.

He had 4 wins.

That's the crux of this QB magic BS, it suggests there is some opaque invisible intangible that only QB's on great teams possess and the QB's on crap teams don't... it's not that he was simply on a crap team.

And only rabid QB fanboys can see this magical quality, otherwise it's imperceptible to the eye and not visible in stats.

giphy.gif
What you are ignoring is that cummulative stats taken out of context are meaningless. All those shiny numbers produced the 18th ranked scoring offense. If you watched him play you would have recognized many times that he made a drive killing mistake causing the low scoring output. Putting up a bunch of yards when the game is over and feeding off of prevent defense is not close to the criteria of best qb in the nfl.

And yes, the distinction of a qb who plays their best at the most important time is not visible in the stat book you rely upon to judge players.

Well, imagine that... I was 100% correct.

Look at you... you understood it, you saw the reasoning, and it made you hopeful... but you didn't endorse it? Yeah, right bub, sure sounds like an endorsement... "hopeful" with Patricia. Embarrassing.

And I don't have to pull up the old thread, you're on the verge of saying the same things here and now.
You were 100% wrong. Is English your second language?

This is you...

"being in"... you meant to say that?
Clearly that was an autocorrect of bring in. You can’t tell me you are not smart enough to know that.

My version of this story is Bill intended to trade TB to San Fran for a load of #1's, sign Jimmy G. RK went beserk, BB kept TB and traded Jimmy. That's always been my version and nothing has changed my mind. Not saying Bill's intention was good or bad but it's in line with his planning and that my friends is when things started going downhill.
Where in your version does the fact that lynch asked about Brady and belichick laughed at him fit?
Or are we just ignoring facts to be controversial?

Of course he made the playoffs, he was an elite QB on good to great teams. This is clearly evident in the stats:

r0W9MDM.png

We've seen what an elite QB looks like on a bad team with Deshaun Watson leading the NFL in total offense and passing in 2020... 4 wins.

We've seen what an elite QB looks like on a good offense but 32nd ranked defense when Brees led the NFL in passing for three straight years from 2014-2016... 7 wins, 7 wins, 7 wins.

So an elite QB on a crap team... good for about 4-7 wins.
An elite qb on a crap team just won the Super Bowl last year

How many rings do Wilson and Ben have btw? Must be 7 each

Wozzy its not like you to avoid a response that destroys your argument

Clearly that was an autocorrect of bring in. You can’t tell me you are not smart enough to know that.
You said your wording wasn't wrong, as you can see, it was. Now you're telling me we have to account for your mistakes. Bottom line is I know what you said about the Patricia hiring and you've reiterated some of it in this thread. I'll summarize... you understood it, it was reasonable, and you felt hopeful. That's a trifecta of ****ty takes on what was obviously an awful hire to nearly everyone else.

This is about the *checks notes* 3000th thread Crawhammer has ruined?
It's by far the most active new thread on the main page. How is that ruined? And why are you reading it?

I'm not the one suggesting that one magical player makes all things possible.

Nor have I ever suggested a great defense is all you need... so this is misdirected. I preach team regularly, that's offense, defense, ST's and coaching.

The 2020 defense was as bad as the rest of the team was, the 2021 defense was improved and started strong before folding in the final month. The 2022 D is back to where the defense used to be by prime dynasty standards... so no, the defense hasn't remained the same level since Brady left.

Then the table your provided in your post above was pointless. You showed a table showing that Brady has been helped more than any other QBs by their defenses, using the average ranking of the defense (in points allowed per game). Since he left, that defense average PPG (at 6.7 over the past 3 years) is actually better than Brady's 7.1.

You just put in that table to make a point, but then you contradict that same argument to make another point.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back