PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vereen or Spiller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_Moss

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Both rbs with the same type of style...simple question...who would you rather sign?

I'd say Vereen...go!

Last edited:
Spiller is a much better runner but his price will be quite a bit higher.

Vereen is the better receiver, which is what you would presumably be signing either guy for since they both leave a lot to be desired as runners. I think Vereen's probably better, since within the receiving back role he has better hands and can run more routes.

I'm not a grammar nazi but you guys are killing me with Vareen. Cringe everytime I see that. It's Vereen. C'mon man it's been four years!

I don't know who this Vareen guy is. He's not even in the NFL so I'll just take Spiller over some nobody.

I'm not a grammar nazi but you guys are killing me with Vareen. Cringe everytime I see that. It's Vereen. C'mon man it's been four years!
I know, dude plays out his whole rookie contract and people still can't spell his name...

I know, dude plays out his whole rookie contract and people still can't spell his name...

Sometimes I think they're just trolling us on purpose.

Spiller fumbles a lot. Sort of goes with his name. He's also of questionable character.

Both rbs with the same type of style...simple question...who would you rather sign?

I'd say Vereen...go!
I dont really think they are all that similar, Spiller has really always been the better runner and he hasnt had many receiving yards since 2012

Dude...........:cool:They're New Englander's in most cases. They spell it like they pronounce it.

Ya...he is a lean mean fumbling machine with a total of 17 in 6 years.
Yeah well, if Kevin Faulk had kept an average like that early on, he never would have stayed with Bill.....Then again, the Pats always played with deflated balls to keep fumbles down....:rolleyes:

vereen. 5 years/10 million.

accept this shane or enjoy your time with the jags/some other **** team

vereen. 5 years/10 million.

accept this shane or enjoy your time with the jags/some other **** team

Don't you know how much we love you Shane? Don't you know how much YOU love US?!?!
Parks-and-Rec.gif

VEreen should be cheaper theoretically, in which case it'd be nice to have him back. He's a great counterpoint to Blount and a (hopefully) healthy Ridley. Borderline SB MVP coming out of the backfield and catching the ball. But...

As a straight-out preference, if money is relatively equal (which it's probably not, esp with Philly now in the RB market)...Spiller. More explosive, he can catch it well enough, and better running the ball. Unless they saw some reason the offensive system would be a problem for him I'd be shocked if the NE brass didn't feel the same way. Not worried about the fumbles...they've fixed it with some other guys who now have SB rings.

Ya...he is a lean mean fumbling machine with a total of 17 in 6 years.

Actually, he has played 4 and a half years, not six.

When you average those 17 fumbles into 4.5 years, things become much different. He's had seasons of 5 and 4 fumbles already, and was on pace to put the ball on the ground another SIX times this year (3 over half a season).

If we're actually going to bring up Ridley's issues, then we sure as hell had better bring up Spiller's.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SpilC.00.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back