PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Very sad news: RIP Joker

Joker was a HOF poster. Lurked here for a long time before joining. His posts always stood out for his keen insight, energy, and sardonic wit.

Thanks, Tunesceibe, for the touching and beautiful OP.

He will be missed. My condolences to his family and friends.

Truly the heart and soul of the forum. Every single one of his posts were great. The only poster to welcome me to the forum personally. Here is the email he sent me in March 2013. RIP bud.

you've been a member here since 2010???...I notice you are posting with regularity now and I just want to say, as a long, long time member, I like your views on OUR Patriots team....I mean, so far almost 99% agreement. I also notice you have been jumped on more than one occasion by the ADHD nitwit association....that's just the usual "Knowers Of Things" crowd using the board to assert their otherwise tragically low self esteem.

I want you to know that I and a lot of others welcome your addition, even though you may not see it by the "thanks" button. Personally, there's a few idiots here that I don't want piecing any kind of association together and lumping us in as "homers". I AM a proud "homer" and for the life of me will never get this "glass half empty-it's always all bad" Pats fan attitude.Please continue your recent run of informative and educated posts...it means a lot to the rest of us old war horses.

J.O.

Thanks, Tunes for informing us of this very sad news.
Patsfans just won't be the same.
His maniacal rants might've seemed incoherent to some but they almost always hit the nail on the head, besides making me laugh out loud.
But he would occasionally flash his sharp intelligence.
He knows football.
And though his name is Joker...
..he is no fool

Wherever he is, and whatever takes place after we all die, I hope he’s the one who is ultimately responsible for Rodgers going down for the year from beyond the grave. We will miss him.

I am consoled a bit by the thought of him getting special dispensation from above to mess with the Jets. Seems like something God, any God, any force beyond the grave, could get on board with.

I am consoled a bit by the thought of him getting special dispensation from above to mess with the Jets. Seems like something God, any God, any force beyond the grave, could get on board with.
Does that mean Milfson will be seeing ghosts the rest of the season?

Damn. I'll miss his great rants. He was at his best during the whole Deflategate BS.

His last post was in the thread about Zappe being cut and was typical Joker...
welp...UGH!! UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH....in fact, I don't have enough UGHs to stick down the throats of you UGH emoji know-it-alls...I saw this coming and was vilified for it...well...SCREW YOU MR. UGH....

:)

If you look at the date of that post and the date of his passing in his obituary, they are the same day!

He went down with his keyboard blazing!

It was just said a few posts earlier by @Boomer B, there's only one word for him, LEGEND!

I hope we're all blessed with posting the words SCREW YOU on this forum in his honor for years to come!

Passing Rest In Peace GIF by GIPHY Studios 2023
Magic Playing GIF by The Explainer Studio

Truly sad. He was one of my absolute favorite posters on here. He will be missed.

Last edited:
I am hoping some of his adversaries here will also pay tribute to him -- he was a worthy opponent for them.

Joker and I were more a-hole buddies than adversaries but I had to take a moment to acknowledge the spirit of your comment. Getting **** from Joker was like getting a Hallmark from someone else, he cared enough to send his very (usually wildly over-the-top) 'best'

Although we had some glorious head-bangs on a couple of issues, we agreed on most things. Still, the times we did not included some of the more riotously good natured 'brawls' I've ever enjoyed. To say we liked trying each other on from time to time doesn't do it justice, we once went 3 pages deep regarding who held the Jete in more contempt then spent half a page appreciating each other's comments, good times... good times.*

Godspeed Joker, a true original and the genuine article. Words don't suffice to say the size of the hole you'll leave. Not just here at PF but in a world that's just become more than a bit less colorful. Your party may be over on this plane of existence but we trust it continues elsewhere.

See you on the other side my friend

*BTW I was forced to concede given the year longer he'd been on the planet that his adult Jete hatred at least had seniority, much to my regret as did not hesitate to play the 'whippersnapper' card whenever it subsequently amused him.

Last edited:
What a beautiful tribute @Tunescribe . Thank you for writing it and for letting us know the sad news.
I didn't know Jeff (@Joker ) personally, but I enjoyed many exchanges with him out here, typically dripping with sarcasm and disdain for the Jete and their flunky, Roger Clown-dell.
I can think of no better tribute than to say, one more time and loudly so Joker can hear it wherever he is:
J-E-T-E!
Jets...Jets...Jets!
Suck...Suck...Suck!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back