PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vollmer needs to stay at LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about on 3rd and short insert Seabass as a tightend and bring back the Wham play?

Even Maroney could find that hole :)

I want the Berlin Wall at LT.

How about on 3rd and short insert Seabass as a tightend and bring back the Wham play?

Even Maroney could find that hole :)

I likey, I likey! Maroney is a huge disappointment to me thus far. I really want a stud running back someday ala AD, Benson, etc.....

No team would be able to stop us ever with the weapons TB has right now..

Kaczur is terrible. Just terrible. People were against Vollmer being at LT before injury struck and he hasn't done that bad of a job. Why not throw him in at RT when Light comes back? I have all the faith in the world that Vollmer can do a better job over than than Kaczur can. The guy made Robert Mathis look All-Universe.

Kaczur is terrible. Just terrible. People were against Vollmer being at LT before injury struck and he hasn't done that bad of a job. Why not throw him in at RT when Light comes back? I have all the faith in the world that Vollmer can do a better job over than than Kaczur can. The guy made Robert Mathis look All-Universe.

"...hasn't done all that bad of a job"
Dude you got the knack for understatement.
Totally punking out a pro bowler the whole game
is "not doing all that bad of a job"?!?!:p

I agree with you, but few are listening.

Vollmer was given help and looked fine. Light has been a fine LT. For me, I am fine with either at the moment, although my preference with OTBE is to play the starter when he comes back from injuries.

While, I am fine with Vollmer at LT, I do NOT understand why anyone would want Light as a RT. He would probably be better suited to being a blocking TE than being a RT. LG is alos an option, expect that we have a probowler at LG. Kaczur is a much better RT than Light could dream of being, especially at this point when RT would be a completely new position for Light. The team COULD have decided to give Kaczur much more help. But the reality is that Mankins is much better than Neal at giving help and the TE or RB help was much more needed on Brady's blind side rather than on the right side.

I think the play I remember most was Freeney using a spin move and making Vollmer look like a turnstile. Of course, Mankins chipped him before he could do any damage.

I remember the play lol, watching it live I was like oh ***** please hold onto the ball just take the sack. Mankins made a great play to hit Freeney as he was coming out of his spin.

I agree, he's been incredible so far. Kaczur continues to be mediocre as always. Hopefully Light can switch to RT
It's gonna happen. Kaczur was laying dumps when the Pats were poised to put away the DunderBlues. But then Matthias was abusing Kaczur, even nearly sacking Brady on a screen pass.

Light at RT. Book it now.

It's gonna happen. Kaczur was laying dumps when the Pats were poised to put away the DunderBlues. But then Matthias was abusing Kaczur, even nearly sacking Brady on a screen pass.

Nah. I'd keep Light at LT and move Vollmer over to RT when Light comes back. Kaczur needs to be saved for depth purposes in case of injuries. He's been the weak link on the O-Line all year long and it REALLY showed on Sunday night.

Wouldn't it make more sense to put Vollmer at RT? All preseason he was getting reps on both the right and left sides. Light on the other hand has been dropping his left foot back for almost 10 years now.

You guys are probably right. But I think Vollmer is better than Light. He certainly will be in a year or two.

Does Matt want to go to RT?
I mean he'll feel disrespected which could cause tension.
I want Vollmer staying at LT protecting Tom's blind side.
But Matt would do a better job at RT than Kaczur.

You guys are probably right. But I think Vollmer is better than Light. He certainly will be in a year or two.

He'll be a better RT than Matt Light, but I trust Light to protect Brady's blind side better than Vollmer at this point. Don't get me wrong, Vollmer is awesome. But, as letekro said, Light has been dropping back on his left foot for almost ten years now. Moving him over to RT would be a bad idea. Vollmer, however, practiced at both spots and is certainly better than Kaczur is. When Light is healthy, Vollmer at RT FTW.

Light sucks at protecting Brady's blind side. I can visualize Brady getting clobbered on multiple occasions over the last few seasons, including the Suggs hit this year. Kaczur is the weakest link and needs to be benched yesterday. Vollmer is a beast and a better LT than Light. Sorry homers, but get over it.

Last edited:
Light sucks at protecting Brady's blind side. I can visualize Brady getting clobbered on multiple occasions over the last few seasons, including the Suggs hit this year. Kaczur is the weakest link and needs to be benched yesterday. Vollmer is a beast and a better LT than Light. Sorry homers, but get over it.

You should read this thread...

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...276513-can-someone-sell-me-matt-light-lt.html

That thread has a lot of evidence of why Light is good enough to be at LT for us for now (Vollmer takes over next year probably). I posted it right after the Week 2 game. Is Light the best? No. But he's solid. Him at LT and Vollmer at RT would be a win-win situation for us.

I dont think Vollmer should ever take another snap at any other position. He is our LT. That being said kaczur couldnt stop a fart with a can of air freshener and a 2 week notice.

I dont think Vollmer should ever take another snap at any other position. He is our LT. That being said kaczur couldnt stop a fart with a can of air freshener and a 2 week notice.

:rofl: :rofl:

Wow! But how do you REALLY feel? That said Nick is a weak-link for certain.

He played very well against Miami and Indy, I thought. He's better than Light. Once again in Patriots history a good player is going to lose his job to a better, younger, mostly unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe