PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

VrabelJr's Index of Forum Cliches

First off their is a lot wrong with this. Mark Rypien, Drew Bledsoe, Jimmy G, and Cam Newton all started Super Bowls.

Second off, having a QB who appeared in a Super Bowl is not a prerequisite to having a winning record or winning more than one playoff game. Marvin Lewis has a winning record despite never having a QB who appeared in a Super Bowl over his whole career. Belichick as you mentioned has 3. Sean McDermott has a winning record without ever having a QB who appeared in a Super Bowl and he won 4 playoff games in 6 seasons. Sean McVay had Goff and Matt Stafford (who never won **** his entire career) and got both those underachievers to winning playoff games and appearing in Super Bowls.

I'm sorry but I can't really take these excuses seriously, especially when Bill was building all these teams The only time he had a GM overseeing him was in his first year in Cleveland. ****ing Daboll just won a playoff game with Daniel Jones last year and equaled Belichick's number of playoff wins without Brady with that piece of junk at QB. Mike Vrabel has Tannehill and has a winning record and more playoff wins than Bill does without Brady. Kevin Stefanski who sucked found a way to win a playoff game with Baker Mayfield. d%#*!@t, Pederson had Nick Foles take his team through a playoff run and did more with him in one season than Bill ever did without Brady.

It's just a fact, Bill Belichick, who has had completely control of every roster he's been HC of since 1992, has a losing record and 1 playoff win in 11 full seasons without Tom Brady. That's a big enough sample size to call it what it is. The fact that he's had 4 QB's capable of getting to Super Bowls in that time frame isn't nearly the excuse you think it is. If anything it's an even bigger negative when other people did more without a QB who made the Super Bowl, let alone 4.

Also Matt Cassel was in 2008 not 2007.

I don't even know what you are trying to prove on this.

Fair points, I forgot about Jimmy G's overthrow of Sanders in the SB. And Cassell was 2008. That was a typo. Meant to type in Brady's name showing him
playing two-ish quarters in week 1 that year.

Not trying to prove a point. Just noting that BB had a lot of QB's beibg shuffled in/out in those 11+ years. The only stable situation where BB had a QB play all or almost all games in a year were: 1991 with Kosar, 2000 with Bledsoe, 2008 with Cassell, and 2021 with Jones. And in 2 of those years were his first year on the job.

Not making excuses for BB's lack of success without Brady. That is undeniable, but the man can still coach a football team and occasionally make correct personnel decisions (no worse than anyone else by all measures...there are always hits and misses. For every high pick he traded back with or selected a flop...he made up the difference in the late rounds and UDFA).

Owners own, Coaches coach, Players play, Waterboys get water, and Fans gripe.....

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back