PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We had a fire at our home Tuesday before last...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for you.

Bad things do happen to the best of us.

I know that I had my share of them as well.

I could come up with a fairly sizable list of unfortunate events.

This just "seasons" our souls.

You can choose to look at it many different ways.

It's best if you just try to learn a lesson out of this experience.

I know a guy who was convicted of something that he didn't do...and was sent to prision for years.

...that would REALLY bum me out.

NSPF That's terrible. I guess the bright side is that as you said the shop can be rebuilt, and that all of you are O.K. We're definitely thinking of you.

Ian

Best wishes, NSPF. Spring and good weather aren't far away so hopefully the shop will be up and running again soon. Everyone getting out safely is everything.

Nova, so glad that you and your family are all safe! Hopefully the re-build won't take too long. I don't know about the hooker thing, Fluffy might object!

Glad to hear everyone is ok. This may sound strange, but it's an opportunity, so take advantage of it. All those little things you wanted to improve upon re: the shop, now is the time. I thought Katrina had shut my business down for good. Well, I made some of those changes, and we're coming back stronger than before. I'm sure you will, too.

=NovaScotiaPatsFan
seriously tho we're ok right now. I just wish this had happened during football season. but baseball's starting up soon and the NHL playoffs as well. so I'll be ok.

Sorry to hear of your loss NSPF...still looking forward to moving up there in @10-15 years. Hope you are back in your house before 3 months.

Word to the wise...don't let one of those Fire restoration companies (that love to follow the fire trucks) be the go-between in your dealing with your insurance company. You know...the guys that offer to board up, estimate the damage and then clean up... many times they hinder more than help...let your attorney do it...much quicker and you clear more $$$.

Last edited:
Best wishes, NPSF. A close call. Glad to hear you're okay.

:agree: same here and remember NSPF the Pats will be fine.

PATSNUTme said:
Hey, maybe Bill's Girl and Huge Crush would be willing to take a road trip to NS to console you.

Now, I'm not implying any thing but friendship here.

Well, considering his cat's name is Fluffer, it sounds like he might have that end of things taken care of....just kidding, I guess "fluffer" has a different connotation up north. I'll have to ask my buddy from Cape Breton.

Seriously, though, Nova, I'm glad you and yours made it through reasonably unscathed. Buildings are replaceable...and so are kickers! ;)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the bad stuff, glad to hear about the good stuff...and we're not giving Adam back. :D Good luck.

Pats Fanatic said:
:agree: same here and remember NSPF the Pats will be fine.
I think many have said it all....could have been worse..no one hurt..events like that are so so traumatic..make all the others seem like standard...relax..chill out and do NOT be worried..the Patriots will be fine!!

maybe Bill's Girl and Huge Crush would be willing to take a road trip to NS to console you.
Nah, they've seen pix of me and recoiled in horror.

I got my own a few weeks ago when I learned that my sister has bone marrow cancer.
Yeesh. That really sucks man, I hope she can beat it.

Of course, I'm sure you're also finding comfort from your cat "Fluffer" as well
.... I didn't name him, my sister did. My next cat (and I'm hoping it's a long time till I have to replace him) I'm going to name "Trigger" But make fun of my kitty again and I'll shoot a flaming pop tart at ya! (seriously that's f'ed, at least the reason for our fire wasn't so lame. Can you imagine telling that story to your family and friends?)

Hopefully you'll be back to your routine of gaming through the night until 9:55am and then sleeping into the afternoon real soon!
Don't make me sick Borges on ya!

Word to the wise...don't let one of those Fire restoration companies (that love to follow the fire trucks) be the go-between in your dealing with your insurance company. You know...the guys that offer to board up, estimate the damage and then clean up... many times they hinder more than help...let your attorney do it...much quicker and you clear more $$$.
Wow, that's uncanny cuz that's what the insurance adjuster reccommended. Can you give me more info on why so I can have some ammo when I talk to my dad about it?

...and we're not giving Adam back.
You can have that piece of human garbage for all I care, he'd better gas up the dingy and go fishing with fredo because as far as i'm concerned the man is dead to me.

but perhaps we could help with the Pats memories, etc end? Pics, video's of certain games that were lost, etc?
That's ok, my room was unscathed. The only posessions we lost are our sofa, loveseat and easy chair and our stove, fridge, dishwasher and my brother's radio. But we have 13 rooms in the house and only 2 of them have major damage, and 1 has minor water damage in the closet. You go in to any other room and you can't even tell there was a fire by looking at it.

But... we can't rebuild the shop. The insurance didn't cover it (suprise suprise, my dad worked out that insurance...) and even if it did we had it right next to our house which means it's zoned residential, it was grandfathered in as commercial but when a building is destroyed it needs to retain %25 of it's value or it can't be rebuilt in the zone. So I don't know what we're going to do for money.

NSPF - Glad to hear everybody is ok and make it out safely.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Best wishes to my northern neighbor, glad to hear everybody survived! Hope everything goes well with the rebuilding.

And by the way, I'd be happy to chip in $5 or so to the "Buy NSPF a Hooker" fund as long as we get some picures posted. (Of her, not you, no offense.) :D

Actually, I think the $5 should take care of it in NS.:rocker:

Hey NOVA - sorry for all your troubles, seems like you will be very busy for a few months getting everything back together. I am happy to see that you realize how much worse things could have been for you.

Hang in there buddy..and don't worry about your NEP - they are going to be better than most think. Year in and year out "they" all continue to underestimate this teams leadership.

Best wishes and good luck.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, NSPF. Good luck with everything.

PATSNUTme said:
Hey, maybe Bill's Girl and Huge Crush would be willing to take a road trip to NS to console you.

Now, I'm not implying any thing but friendship here. And you better watch what you say about BB.

Just a thought.:cool:

HA! That would be a long but worthy trip, Nut!

Nova, my best wishes and prayers to you and your family!

Best wishes and hope you all get back on your feet as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back