PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We ranked 29th on the NFLPA report card this past season.

Whiny entitled players are going to be whiny and entitled. My place of business doesn't have a family room or daycare and no one I work with directly is making millions.
Eh different circumstances NFL workplace is different than yours or mine. Also get used to this the players now and the ones coming up will speak up more for what they believe in and will demand more too. Social media age

Compared to the real world, yeah, my first reaction is "entitled whiners." "My caviar was too warm!!"

However.

This is like college [student] recruiting. The college "industry" is basically allowed to price fix - everyone prices within a couple thousand of Harvard - everyone. University ranked #5 and #85. They all use FAFSA to demand either you pay list price, or you divulge your parent's net worth, and we base your net fee on your total ability to pay. So, if they are not competing on price, with University ranked #5 charging more and #85 charging less, it's all on facilities. Who has a fancier theater, more electron microscopes, bigger gym... Similar for recruiting athletes - again, it's pretty much fixed pricing - how does "free" sound to you?

The NFL has a salary cap. They really can't spend a lot more than the other teams, long-term. You can't change where you're based. So what do they compete on? Facilities. You have two teams offering you $50M, which one do you want to spend time at? The facility doesn't count toward the salary cap. You want to attract free agents? Fancier facility than the others.

Sure, you have an elite QB, you went to the Super Bowl recently, that can differentiate you. If you don't, yeah, it's facilities and location.

Eh different circumstances NFL workplace is different than yours or mine. Also get used to this the players now and the ones coming up will speak up more for what they believe in and will demand more too. Social media age
Wich makes wonder... do the players believe that every stadium should be like the state of art raiders facility? Even BB was in awe.. what happened to all these updates and renovations over the years supposed ownership did?

garbage organization, Brady and Parcells made everything for this team. don't forget Krafty has never won anything substantial with the Revs (one superliga and one open cup in 25-30 years) and won nothing in his stint as Boston Lobsters owner, He was so successful that his team folded. Belichick is a fraud, Krafty is a fraud

how does hc get a b- and rank 27th? :thaman:
Because the survey was taken before Belichick’s departure, players had the opportunity to grade the former Patriots head coach. While Belichick landed a B- grade, it was still only 27th of the league’s 32 head coaches. According to the survey, 55% of players feel that former head coach Bill Belichick was efficient with their time and most felt he was rarely listening to the locker room.

Chiefs are ranked lower than the Pats lol
Winning cures everything
I agree. Everything was great when we were going to superbowls and 14-2 seasons were the standard. I do think Kraft should have prioritized player amenities before building a new video board and lighthouse.

Riddle me this Batpersons. How come the abysmally low rating for travel given all the touting about Kraft's airplanes for flying the team? Crap hotels? I doubt it.
Bottom line. there will be fewer posts about what a great guy and owner Bob "for the good of the 32" Kraft is. Elitist.
I met BK and his wife at Smithfield a couple times in the Jurassic Era. Really seemed like nice, caring, humble people back then.

I heard having their own planes was nice, but the Pats cheaped out on the interior layout, spacing, and seating quality.

Why can't we be a good franchise like KC...... Oh wait, the Chiefs ranked THIRTY -SECOND. Yet somehow they managed to win the superbowl.

Bottom Line, I get it. I'd have been happier if they had ranked higher But Kraft spent big on the weight room just a couple of years ago. I'm not sure just what we expect them to do. They have plenty of practice fields, a fine indoor facility, a nutrition program. What's missing. Not enough ping pong tables? A few more hot tubs?

I'm not sure exactly where you want to spend your money. I doesn't take money to improve their "taking care of family" scores. They just have to focus on it. It doesn't take money to improve the perception that they need to improve the coaches efficient use of the players time.

I don't know what's worse, the whining entitled players or the whining entitled fans, who seem to relish in beating up their own team.

Work Out Gym GIF

Is this what the players have in mind?

Remember, this survey is put out by the players association. It's a way to pressure the teams to improve their facilities without having to negotiate for them.

Agree. But this **** sure doesn’t help. We will have to overpay to get free agents here. This kind of stuff tilts the scales when two contracts are similar.
We were always going to have to overpay regardless, because no QB.

We were always going to have to overpay regardless, because no QB.
I swear, I do not understand this overpaying thing. 99% of people take a job based on what pays the most, so are their employers overpaying because they didn't get their employees at a discount?

Or is it only a football thing because some free agents say they were willing to take a little less money to play with so-and-so or not have to go through the process of moving to a new team?

Last edited:
i mean some of that is gen z bs stuff...daycares????:rolleyes:
but some things should ABSOLUTELY be considered important and "football ops" like
training staffs and methods,nutrition/food,weight room,locker room. they are all important/vital to creating a winning culture.
Right, because not having to worry about your family isn't important. It's probably been 20 years since corporate America began offering daycare to employees onsite. I get you want to come across as a tough chick but it seems like you live under a rock.

Because the survey was taken before Belichick’s departure, players had the opportunity to grade the former Patriots head coach. While Belichick landed a B- grade, it was still only 27th of the league’s 32 head coaches. According to the survey, 55% of players feel that former head coach Bill Belichick was efficient with their time and most felt he was rarely listening to the locker room.
Very interesting.. I remember like most of us do when the old Foxboro stadium was demolished I remember hearing the organization wanted the town of Foxboro to pay for the new stadium.. obviously Gillette thier biggest sponsor stepped up to the plate... I honestly think when the Gillette was built at that time it was a state of the art facility... however over time things change and we were winning. So players dealt with it. However compared to the old Foxboro stadium with metal bench seats and you got dam near frost bit trying to watch a game.. Gillette is a much better facility I'd imagine.

NFL Player Team Report Cards 2024

That's everyone. At first glance, there's a lot of F's. That to me means entitled brats. These teams can't be that bad, can they? I mean, could a young guy come in and think "this is really nice" and have some vet tell him it's **** compared to _____? I dunno. I mean, it's subjective, right? It brings up lot of questions to me. Is Miami really great or is it great because it's in Miami? Also, how was the grading influenced? We all know of businesses that can help customers fill out surveys to assure they score better. The whole thing brings a lot of questions to me. The Pats have B's and C's in everything but facilities and weight room. Do those carry more weight?

Some other thoughts:

The Chiefs are 31st. I guess no one will sign with them, right? :rolleyes:
I'd like to see how nice the Vikings facility is.

I think it's all BS.

Riddle me this Batpersons. How come the abysmally low rating for travel given all the touting about Kraft's airplanes for flying the team? Crap hotels? I doubt it.
Bottom line. there will be fewer posts about what a great guy and owner Bob "for the good of the 32" Kraft is. Elitist.
I met BK and his wife at Smithfield a couple times in the Jurassic Era. Really seemed like nice, caring, humble people back then.
Yea, the travel one baffled me. Maybe has to do w/ last minute notices, you know, a keep everything secret until the last minute typical bb bs.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back