PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Weaponize the offense"

It's not ridiculous at all. We're getting the third quarterback off the board my man. We don't have our own pic of the matter.

Is this really above you people's head?

And if the pic doesn't turn out you're the group who's going to be saying well what did you expect they didn't get to pick their player there was already two quarterbacks off the board.

I see right through the ******** so cut it out

The Bills never should have drafted Josh Allen, he was the 3rd QB taken in that draft. A sure fire bust. Screwed them for years to come.

The Bills never should have drafted Josh Allen, he was the 3rd QB taken in that draft. A sure fire bust. Screwed them for years to come.

Allen was a really good pick for them. I disagree with this take. To each their own though.

Presuming that our coaching and picking sucks doesn't help the discussion much.

Obviously, we are in trouble at QB if we can't evaluate and coach our new QB,

This was a hypothetical. I can't help it if it triggerd 5 people into a hour long debate.

I already said a thousand times we need a QB no matter what

Brown maybe but Williams feels like a 1 year sandpit.
There are other veteran WRs out there. Ridley was a miss.. but Williams would be a nice guy to have on a shirt term deal.. maybe it's just revisionist history with WRs.. but i have no faith a drafted WR will work out for us.. I could be wrong, but..

Obviously they're going to take a QB. The point is it's going to take alot of luck because they're not even getting the first or second crack at it.

Basically the two other teams need to **** it up.
I don't look at missing on QB picks as ****ing up. It's the toughest position by far to make the transfer from college to pros and misses are a constant thing.

If the QB they want isn't there at #3 then I'd like to see them trade down and add more picks rather than reach at #3. They have so many holes to fill and can use the added picks.

I don't look at missing on QB picks as ****ing up. It's the toughest position by far to make the transfer from college to pros and misses are a constant thing.

If the QB they want isn't there at #3 then I'd like to see them trade down and add more picks rather than reach at #3. They have so many holes to fill and can use the added picks.

The point I was making to these fools was that you don't take a QB if you don't like that QB.

You don't take one just cause you need one. Do that later.

I realize they desperately need one and that these fools think a top 3 QB is going to change their fortune but thats only if they work out.

It's the Patriots job to evaluate and decide whether there's one they're worth taking. I personally wouldn't care if they trade down but I would rather they take a quarterback.

There are other veteran WRs out there. Ridley was a miss.. but Williams would be a nice guy to have on a shirt term deal.. maybe it's just revisionist history with WRs.. but i have no faith a drafted WR will work out for us.. I could be wrong, but..
Different offensive scheme will have a different set of primary, etc., criteria in what they're looking for....

He wasn't the 3rd overall pick...

My mistake, you never pick the 3rd pick o really. Or the 17th pick. Those picks always bust, especially if the go to teams that wear blue, or are named after an animal.

My mistake, you never pick the 3rd pick o really. Or the 17th pick. Those picks always bust, especially if the go to teams that wear blue, or are named after an animal.

You don't understand the argument and yet you have a opinion on it.

Very American.

Why are you here if you're only interested in what we know and not what we don't?

This isn't the right place for you if you can't handle different takes.

Given your love for the like button I think Twitter is a good place for your style.
I must have the poster you're responding to on ignore. It's looking like a good decision.

I like old sayings and a few fit well into the Pats attempt at filling all their holes.
Rome wasn't built in a day.
Patience is a virtue.
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread, which is in contrast to fool's gold and fool's paradise.

What doesn't fit well is that you get what you pay for, especially with free agents.

You don't understand the argument and yet you have a opinion on it.

Very American.

It’s the most idiotic argument I have seen. You don’t draft so and do because two players at their position went ahead of them. That’s idiotic.

If you think about it. For all intent and purpose that Cardinals actually have the number 1 pick in the draft since the top 3 picks are QBs and they don't need or apparently more like don't want one.

Lucky them.
If Kyler Murray was my QB I wouldn't be feeling lucky.

Lucky are the teams that get a boatload of picks or top players from some stupid team. This past year's stupid team was the Panthers.

Lucky are the teams that get a boatload of picks or top players from some stupid team. This past year's stupid team was the Panthers.

Depending on how the first two picks work out, I would not be averse to finding this year's version

Based upon the OL and WR positions being the strongest and deepest we have seen in years. There are weaknesses elsewhere, like LB and TE, but the Patriots are fortunate that they have a top 3 pick in a year where there are 3 franchise caliberQB’s available, and their two biggest needs have the best classes possibly ever.
Cousin Ivan, First off delicious French Toast on Brioche bread with real maple syrup and vanilla flavored black tea for sustenance this AM.

I hate to spar with you but "franchise caliber QBs in top 3", or as I call them the "Holy Three". I will use your terminology...."Based on what?" Mel Kiper? Daniel Jeremiah, Athlon Draft book or some real mediocre tape we have all seen?
So I beg to differ.

I will go with you on this, the numbers at QB and OT are there so the percentages are ripe, but I don't think the Pats as a terrible 4-13, can put their eggs in one basket on a top 3 supposed QB evaluation. They are not ready for a member of the Holy Three.
Now if they had made strides in FA it might have been a different story....but as of this time today Wolf has failed miserably (give him some credit on resigns)
The Pats have to build a roster, not a position. Granted, their Defense is better than average.

More thoughts you dislike and you are entitled to your opinion. Lay it on me. I have been wrong before...ask my wife.

Still think you have plenty of resources to pick up Fields on a one year plan for a lowball pick from the Bears.. If he fails, trade him. You got a 6th for Mac. If Brissett fails and goes like 1-6 in the first third of the season, which I hope I am wrong, but would take that bet, you do not have a gun to your head on any rookie QB to start. Besides Fields beats out Brissett in camp anyway. Someone said this thge other day, the Pats would be afraid Fields is good and you invested your #3 in a QB.

Would you pay tickets and costs at hundred dollars plus to drive to a game to watch Brissett or would you have more excitement to watch Fields (this year as a case)?
DW Toys

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back