PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Weaponize the offense"

I would love to see the Pats bring in LT Yoshua Nijman, he is very raw Played 21% of snaps last year for GB. I would also like Donovan Peoples jones, he is familiar with AVP has some size and has caught passes from JB. I think JB is a decent enough QB that he won't lose games for us. My thought is that bringing in the LT and WR would give us flexibility in the draft, because the worst possible decision is to try and force a pick at a particular position.

It’s the most idiotic argument I have seen. You don’t draft so and do because two players at their position went ahead of them. That’s idiotic.

The fact that you can't understand that the third QB off the board MIGHT not be better than taking the FIRST player off the board from ALL the other positions doesn't make my argument idiotic.

It shows everyone your comprehension of the argument is obtuse.

The argument you said I'm making isn't the argument I'm making.

If Kyler Murray was my QB I wouldn't be feeling lucky.

Lucky are the teams that get a boatload of picks or top players from some stupid team. This past year's stupid team was the Panthers.

It ain't a great QB but he's probably still top 15 which is better than what have.

I would love to see the Pats bring in LT Yoshua Nijman, he is very raw Played 21% of snaps last year for GB. I would also like Donovan Peoples jones, he is familiar with AVP has some size and has caught passes from JB. I think JB is a decent enough QB that he won't lose games for us. My thought is that bringing in the LT and WR would give us flexibility in the draft, because the worst possible decision is to try and force a pick at a particular position.
Nice what happened the last two years??

Good stuffe Cousin,
DW Toys

Ivan... Watson says hello from the 2017 Draft Third QB taken. :)
Probably not the best example. I get the physical talent is there, but the only thing he's accomplished is fattening his bankroll.

Probably not the best example. I get the physical talent is there, but the only thing he's accomplished is fattening his bankroll.
I'm taking a NFL GM's word for it... what did the Cleveland Browns owner said after the Watson signing and Allegations?? Make no mistake about it D Watson is a very good QB. :)

I'm taking a NFL GM's word for it... what did the Cleveland Browns owner said after the Watson signing and Allegations?? Make no mistake about it D Watson is a very good QB. :)
He is, no argument. Between the ears... not as strong there.

Cousin Ivan, First off delicious French Toast on Brioche bread with real maple syrup and vanilla flavored black tea for sustenance this AM.

I hate to spar with you but "franchise caliber QBs in top 3", or as I call them the "Holy Three". I will use your terminology...."Based on what?" Mel Kiper? Daniel Jeremiah, Athlon Draft book or some real mediocre tape we have all seen?
So I beg to differ.

I will go with you on this, the numbers at QB and OT are there so the percentages are ripe, but I don't think the Pats as a terrible 4-13, can put their eggs in one basket on a top 3 supposed QB evaluation. They are not ready for a member of the Holy Three.
Now if they had made strides in FA it might have been a different story....but as of this time today Wolf has failed miserably (give him some credit on resigns)
The Pats have to build a roster, not a position. Granted, their Defense is better than average.

More thoughts you dislike and you are entitled to your opinion. Lay it on me. I have been wrong before...ask my wife.

Still think you have plenty of resources to pick up Fields on a one year plan for a lowball pick from the Bears.. If he fails, trade him. You got a 6th for Mac. If Brissett fails and goes like 1-6 in the first third of the season, which I hope I am wrong, but would take that bet, you do not have a gun to your head on any rookie QB to start. Besides Fields beats out Brissett in camp anyway. Someone said this thge other day, the Pats would be afraid Fields is good and you invested your #3 in a QB.

Would you pay tickets and costs at hundred dollars plus to drive to a game to watch Brissett or would you have more excitement to watch Fields (this year as a case)?
DW Toys

DW, it nothing personal, but it doesn’t matter how many times people say “ get JustinFields,” because imo that’s the worst possible move they can make. I have zero interest in someone else’s failed QB who’s going to want 40 plus million a year from now. I hate the idea, period, and nothing is going to change that.

DW, it nothing personal, but it doesn’t matter how many times people say “ get JustinFields,” because imo that’s the worst possible move they can make. I have zero interest in someone else’s failed QB who’s going to want 40 plus million a year from now. I hate the idea, period, and nothing is going to change that.
I don't get the Fields hate around here at all one man's Trash could be another man's treasure. I never really liked Kirk Cousins but I am sure you saw what he signed for in FA my point Players can turn it around Fields have all the tools. I mean look at Jared Goff... Fields is not a lost cause If I was Wolf I would inquire.

Ivan I think this Team have too many Needs on Offense to go QB @ 3. I am for Trading and building up the other positions on Offense. Get the skill positions up to date then find a QB we are too dated on Offense. You can build that way too the Lions and Falcons and Packers are all doing that.

He was the 3rd QB taken. You never take the 3rd QB, they will bust.
Herbert was a Third QB too Ivan noting for a friend.

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

@Ivan I am cool with either Daniels and Maye @ 3 I'm also cool with rolling the dice with Justin Fields whoever make us better.

Ivan I think this Team have too many Needs on Offense to go QB @ 3. I am for Trading and building up the other positions on Offense. Get the skill positions up to date then find a QB we are too dated on Offense. You can build that way too the Lions and Falcons and Packers are all doing that.

PF2, as with Justin Fields we are never going to agree on this. This is the best pick they have had in over 30 years, and if they see a franchise QB they should absolutely take them. If they don’t then trade out.

As far as Fields goes if you want someone else’s trash that’s fine. I don’t. I don’t believe any team will ever win a Super Bowl with a Quarterbackbwith a four minute delivery time. I want them to find greatness at QB, not someone else!’s mediocre QB that’s going to want over 40 million to keep playing here.

PF2, as with Justin Fields we are never going to agree on this. This is the best pick they have had in over 30 years, and if they see a franchise QB they should absolutely take them. If they don’t then trade out.

As far as Fields goes if you want someone else’s trash that’s fine. I don’t. I don’t believe any team will ever win a Super Bowl with a Quarterbackbwith a four minute delivery time. I want them to find greatness at QB, not someone else!’s mediocre QB that’s going to want over 40 million to keep playing here.
Duly noted four minute delivery time. :rofl:

@Ivan I am cool with either Daniels and Maye @ 3 I'm also cool with rolling the dice with Justin Fields whoever make us better.

As I said before PF2, If you like Fields that’s fine. People want different players. But I’m not interested in the Patriots just getting better, I want them to build a great team that wins championships, and that will never happen with Justin Fields.

Just make this as simple as possible. My criteria for them using the #3 pick on a QB is this, they have to really believe they will lead them to championships. If they don’t believe that then don’t take, trade down.

MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Back