PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Weaponize the offense"

If they get the right QB it fixes much more than the most important position
As we are seeing now. It will want FA’s to want to play here
Right now it seems as if this team has syphilis
Please get the right QB
How many times have we seen the team with fundamental flaws (CLE, MIN, WAS, BUTTFUMBLE, DAL all spring to mind) get a QB hoping they'll fix everything only to be blown TF up because no, they can't. Not without at least some supporting cast that allows them to do their jobs.

Our holes at offensive line are going to disembowel any QB we bring in. Offense is not made under center, OFFENSE IS MADE ON THE LINE. It's about time we woke up, cleared our our ears and figured this the hell out because lots of other teams have. even the hapless Browns and Lions are starting to twig to it. When's our turn?

The only reason I can see for holding on to the $50M cap money is to wait until final cuts before the season opens and signing higher quality players. It is still aggravating to see other teams making meaningful moves while we are shopping at the Walmart bargain aisle.

What I'm hearing is, sell pieces of the defense for draft capital. Is that your intention? Because if you are convinced the D won't hold up until the O clicks in, then that's the logical next step.
Just saying that the defense will look different in 3 years and cannot be ignored. Can’t throw all the primo picks at offense.

The only reason I can see for holding on to the $50M cap money is to wait until final cuts before the season opens and signing higher quality players. It is still aggravating to see other teams making meaningful moves while we are shopping at the Walmart bargain aisle.
let me ask you this.

Do you think players are lining up all eager to play on the Patriots right now?

6 years ago sure. 6 years ago it was a privilege to play with Brady. 6 years ago it was a privilege to learn the game at Belichick's feet.

But that was 6 years ago.

Right now, what we have to "attract" leaguewide talent is doing the exact opposite. No one wants to come play for a team that just busted out their previous QB. No one wants to play for a team that can't support their rushing attack. And especially no one wants to play for a team that's optimistically predicted to have a roughly 5-12 season.

Right now the only way to get true premium talent on this roster is to overpay for it. Bill is gone, Brady's gone, the dynasty is gone, and so is all the prestige that went into it. It's not a privilege to be a Patriot anymore, that's over and with it goes most of the reason for anyone to sign here who has another choice. We're the Redskins. We're the Jets. We're the old school pre-Allen Bills. We have to get used to that fact.

let me ask you this.

Do you think players are lining up all eager to play on the Patriots right now?

6 years ago sure. 6 years ago it was a privilege to play with Brady. 6 years ago it was a privilege to learn the game at Belichick's feet.

But that was 6 years ago.

Right now, what we have to "attract" leaguewide talent is doing the exact opposite. No one wants to come play for a team that just busted out their previous QB. No one wants to play for a team that can't support their rushing attack. And especially no one wants to play for a team that's optimistically predicted to have a roughly 5-12 season.

Right now the only way to get true premium talent on this roster is to overpay for it. Bill is gone, Brady's gone, the dynasty is gone, and so is all the prestige that went into it. It's not a privilege to be a Patriot anymore, that's over and with it goes most of the reason for anyone to sign here who has another choice. We're the Redskins. We're the Jets. We're the old school pre-Allen Bills. We have to get used to that fact.
I was with you for some of that…until you went Full JETE. We will never be the Jets and the Bills have never won anything either.

Draft MHJ, trade for and resign Higgins. Flip a 4th for Fields, trade up for a LT. Rattler might still be around. If Fields does suck, we will be drafting high again anyhow. I’m outta ideas, I don’t know.

I don’t buy the premise that the defense will be done when the offense is ready. If they hit on the QB they can be a good team again by 25’. And they have 2 drafts and another free agency before that season. That’s plenty of time to build an offense around the QB.

As far as this draft goes Take the QB at 3, trade back from 34, and trade up from 68. Use 3 2nd round picks on 2 OT and a WR. Then draft 2 more WR’s. On day 3.

Last edited:
Oh please, and if we swing and miss on a QB at 3?

I would rather see them take their shot on a top QB prospect than take another teams trash and pray they can magically turn them into a franchise QB here. The Fields move will placate everyone that desperately wants Harrison Jr. , at 3, but it will do nothing to turn them into a long term contender. If he had that ability the Bears would be taking 3 first round picks for the #1. Instead they are trying to pawn him off on an idiot front office that believes they can turn **** into shineola. But hey maybe they can convince Jacksonville to trade former Pro Bowl QB Mac Iones to he Patriots for the 3?

What’s hilarious is watching people who say they shouldn’t take a risk on the 3rd quarterback in the draft turn around and say they should trade for a failed qb who was taken 4th in the draft.

How many times have we seen the team with fundamental flaws (CLE, MIN, WAS, BUTTFUMBLE, DAL all spring to mind) get a QB hoping they'll fix everything only to be blown TF up because no, they can't. Not without at least some supporting cast that allows them to do their jobs.

Our holes at offensive line are going to disembowel any QB we bring in. Offense is not made under center, OFFENSE IS MADE ON THE LINE. It's about time we woke up, cleared our our ears and figured this the hell out because lots of other teams have. even the hapless Browns and Lions are starting to twig to it. When's our turn?
I agree 100%
Teams that have great trenches have great teams
Question is you have to attract players to this team
QB is the most important. My guess is that QB wont play this year. Maybe showcase him a bit at end of year if it is safe,
Hopefully through a few drafts with high picks and a QB players will want to play with we can attract some FA’s
Right now no one want’s to come here

We're the Jets.

a christmas story GIF

Kellen Winslow Jr. would approve, but I’m not mentioning the other guy who would approve.

It’s obviously not 100%, but I think that the Patriots showed their hand with the Jacoby Brissett signing. They are content with their options for QB at the 3 spot, because there’s really no guarantee of getting one if you move out of it. The basic problem they have if they have a 4th QB off the board in mind, and they only trade down to the Giants at 6 , is the Chargers at #5, who could definitely trade down to a team looking at McCsrthy, and if that who they have in mind and come up empty it’s going to leave with a great big hole at QB at QB until the End of April in 25’, and they will be looking at a weak QB class in the Draft.

It’s pretty clear that the future is going to be defined by their draft picks for the next few years, they have to hit on them, period. If they don’t they are pretty screwed, if they do they could do great things. If nothing else it will be really interesting to watch.

It’s obviously not 100%, but I think that the Patriots showed their hand with the Jacoby Brissett signing. They are content with their options for QB at the 3 spot, because there’s really no guarantee of getting one if you move out of it. The basic problem they have if they have a 4th QB off the board in mind, and they only trade down to the Giants at 6 , is the Chargers at #5, who could definitely trade down to a team looking at McCsrthy, and if that who they have in mind and come up empty it’s going to leave with a great big hole at QB at QB until the End of April in 25’, and they will be looking at a weak QB class in the Draft.

It’s pretty clear that the future is going to be defined by their draft picks for the next few years, they have to hit on them, period. If they don’t they are pretty screwed, if they do they could do great things. If nothing else it will be really interesting to watch.
Chargers are going WR that's a given based on recent moves. I am leading the Trade #3 Club it's our only hope too many Needs. We could have signed Biscuit after the Draft very counter productive. Don't know what they were thinking in signing that scrub so early. :rolleyes:

Chargers are going WR that's a given based on recent moves. I am leading the Trade #3 Club it's our only hope too many Needs. We could have signed Biscuit after the Draft very counter productive. Don't know what they were thinking in signing that scrub so early. :rolleyes:

They were thinking that Brissett is the perfect fit to start for a while and mentor the #3 pick in the draft.

They were thinking that Brissett is the perfect fit to start for a while and mentor the #3 pick in the draft.
And really good skilled position players look at our Roster like this. We are going to have to viciously over pay in a Trade.
Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE

And really good skilled position players look at our Roster like this. We are going to have to viciously over pay in a Trade.
Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE

There is no need to trade anything, that’s panic talking. They signed Brissett as a placeholder and mentor for the QB they take at 3.

There is no need to trade anything, that’s panic talking. They signed Brissett as a placeholder and mentor for the QB they take at 3.
Think he was talking about trading for a WR, not a QB.

Need money to sign draftees, need money for in season transactions because players play and the rest we'll move into next year. We'll get a bunch of UFDA's (actual Walmart brand) and get more high draft picks in 2025. The Packers' Way is to be the Bears for a couple of seasons while not cursing at anyone like BB would have. We're gentlemen and lady fans.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back