PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Week 1 OFFICIAL Post-Game Thread: Patriots lose close to the Eagles

Immediate Postgame Reactions
yeah he sure came up large when he completed that throw to help sf win the sb. oh wait,he didn't,and was roundly thumped for it as being unclutch.
You're just ButtHurt Mac10 might not even win a Playoffs game.

Based on what? Better QB, sure but even Tom would have had his hands full yesterday. Iggles are no joke.
No he wouldn't cut the crap. Mac is just a average QB at this Time.

The kids are only going to get better on D at WR. The Guards showed that we do have depth, and the line will only get better with Strange and Onwenu back. And shout out to Anderson. I mean dude is sick or whatever was wrong with him all summer. And he comes in and doesn't miss a beat.

Based on what? Better QB, sure but even Tom would have had his hands full yesterday. Iggles are no joke.
Brady wouldn't have throw in that off target pick and a Brady pass to wide open Bourne would have been a walk in TD. Mac's Moon ball is probably still up there.

i doubt mac is going to be all-time but i'd be happy with 2nd tier and clutch and a great leader really. if you look at a guy like garoppolo he's not a great qb. but he is able to help his team win. if mac could be a bit better than him i'd be happy because a)he shouldn't cost as much b)it will make it easier to keep good players around him
Raiders are on the Schedule BB should hand all of Jimmy G's game tapes to Mac and say study that guy you're about his Ceiling potentially.

Not sure what you're watching, but the left foot was coming down and would have been IN BOUNDS without the shove by Jobe.

View attachment 52633

Look at the video and not a screen shot. At best, he made a minimum effort to try to drag the second foot and I am being generous. Yes, he was pushed in the back, but he didn't really try to drag the back foot. He might have gotten both feet in if he wasn't pushed, but that doesn't change that he didn't really try to drag the foot like he should have.

The guy is a rookie in his first game. I am not going to kill him for it. College rules do not require two feet in. Parker would have probably gotten both feet in despite the push.

The Eagles are a really good complete Team. But Miami have a Top 3 Offense. They can score in Seconds if we make dumb mistakes against them the Game will be over by Half Time. None of the HC's in our Division fears BB they can more than match wits.

The Eagles are a really good complete Team. But Miami have a Top 3 Offense. They can score in Seconds if we make dumb mistakes against them the Game will be over by Half Time. None of the HC's in our Division fears BB they can more than match wits.
Why bother watching the game if you already know the outcome? Especially if you seem to hate the product on the field the Pats have put out there.

You thought yesterday's game was going to be a bloodbath. Relax, Felix.

Miami had a really solid offseason and improved its already stout roster. The Eagles lost players.

That being said, I see Miami as a tougher match up for our defense because they have awesome skill guys and Tua is slinging it well. I do think offensively we should be able to move the ball easier but Mac needs to come out of the gate sharp.

Miami is more talented on offense than the Eagles. Not so much on their defense. I think the Dolphins' defense is overrated. For some reason, people think they were going to be this elite defense because they brought in Vic Fangio. They don't have a great pass rush and last year they were close to the bottom in points allowed and not off to a good start in that category this year.

I don't think much of either Hurts or Tua without the talent around them, but both guys have two #1 WRs to throw to. I think Tua has better receivers because Hill might be the 1-3 best WRs in the league.

After watching the first game against Philadelphia and after the past two season I have concluded that Mac Jones can not bring in a winner. Does anyone else feel this way?

BTW. We dumped Meyers who had a great day with the Raiders catching 2 TDs and several other passes. Unfortunately, he is in concussion protocol from being hit late in the game. He and Jimmy G worked together as well as Mac Jones did with him. IMO, JuJu was a bust yesterday, 4 of 7 catches for 33 yards with a big noncatch.

Why bother watching the game if you already know the outcome? Especially if you seem to hate the product on the field the Pats have put out there.
Because some people just aren't happy unless they are miserable. And from my experience New England seems to have more of those people than most places, especially Mass. Not saying everyone, but as a personal observation I seem to encounter them there more than any place else I travel or live.

You should start a thread on it. It has not been discussed yet
I am not sure there is enough interest. Most Pats fans would think he is back to his rookie season, maybe even improved.
We lost, however. The game is about winning. What do you think!

I am not sure there is enough interest. Most Pats fans would think he is back to his rookie season, maybe even improved.
We lost, however. The game is about winning. What do you think!
Its was disappointing to lose for sure. Saw some good things. Expected worse considering it didn't seem like anyone did anything together during PS. I expect Mac to start slow given that and he didn't have a terrible day. So we weill see...

Even during the peak TB years the team was an enigma the first four games or so so not ready to throw in the towel yet.

Mr. bend with the prevailing wind. :rolleyes:

You thought yesterday's game was going to be a bloodbath. Relax, Felix.
We are a bottom of the barrel Team now Good Teams are kind of looking past us knowing we'll find a way to lose to be continued...

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back