PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Week 12 PostGame Thread: NE Loses 10-7 to NYG

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Are both Mac & Zappe incapable of throwing to their right, or is Bo'B incapable of calling for any pass to the right (except a screen)?

People questioned when Belichick took Chad Ryland in the fourth round because it was really high to take a kicker. But it is extremely high to take a kicker who cannot kick field goals.

I have not played one in over a decade, is Madden still worth it?

Depends on which Madden you play. I still think Madden 25 and Madden 12 are the best, but at least you yourself have the power to win. I still get to pretend we're a successful franchise in the 2020s and reach AFC championships. EMPOWERING ESCAPISM

people in here think losing games and getting a rookie QB for next season is some recipe to get back in the playoffs next season or at least be respectable. The ******* coach has formed a team with NO top end talent on either side of the ball. does Caleb Williams or Drake Maye turn this into a 10 win team throwing to JuJu Sanu, Davante Parker, Douglas, aand Thornton?
And know what, if this dip **** coach is still here, I say there's no guarantee he starts a rookie QB.
This is about setting the team up for the era. There's no quick fix. But getting some high draft picks with potential is a good start.

100% they do. Fields hasn’t been much better than Mac.

Problem…this team isn’t a QB away.

I’d trade down if you can get a haul and fortify the line.
We need top talent. This isn’t a one draft rebuild. Get Maye, Williams, or Harrison and build around them. Offence again at the top of round 2, either oline or WR.

i hated the pick... @ibwt group do you still defend it?

there is absolutely 0 need for special team picks if the roster lacks talent everywhere
A day 3 pick on a kicker who makes it to a second contract is worth it. A day 3 pick on a kicker who doesn't is a wasted pick.

People questioned when Belichick took Chad Ryland in the fourth round because it was really high to take a kicker. But it is extremely high to take a kicker who cannot kick field goals.
Well that's because Bill is just smarter than everyone else

I think that's the pitch you need to make to them - hey if you swap with us you'll still get to take Marvin Harrison Jr. You already have a QB1.

Edit: Oops NM. Someone just mentioned the Carolina pick belongs to the Bears, so that's the team we'd have to sweet talk!
Personal bias: my preference right now is Maye > MHJ > Williams. If they get a top 3 pick, they take the highest one available.

Time for a nap
Toking Mash Up GIF

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back