PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Week 12 PostGame Thread: NE Loses 10-7 to NYG

Immediate Postgame Reactions
I tend to doubt they will go one. This league have teams desperate to draft the next elite QB that a QB usually goes #1 every year even if that QB really shouldn't be drafted in the top 10. And this year is considered a good year for QBs in the draft.

So don't be surprised that by draft time, Williams and Maye go one and two and another QB or two creeps into the top 5. Neither Zach Wilson or Trey Lance were considered top five picks at this point in 2020.
Franchise perennial all pro LT's are a super rare commodity just as rare as top echelon QB's if not more rare.
Arguably almost as important to offensive success. Alt and the Penn State guy are clearly separated from the rest.
Bears could likely go OT at 1!

Give Devito a lot of credit. He did not turn the ball over and took sacks instead of interceptions.
Absolutely, weirdly enough, I am not 100% kidding. Who would benefit this team more, Bill or DeVito? Yikes. How the mighty have fallen.

Anyway, for the record, I applaud what DeVito has manged to do this year and I wish him well.

How do you all think Belichick will handle Caleb Williams crying in his mothers arms and cuddling with his dog during training camp?

Franchise all perennial all pro LT's are a super rare commodity just as rare as top echelon QB's if not more rare.
Arguably almost as important to offensive success.
Bears could likely go OT at 3!

I am not arguing that, but look at the craziness over QBs in the draft. That is how guys like Baker Mayfield went one overall or Mitch Trubisky went #2 overall in their respective drafts.

But I would bet if the Bears have two picks in the top three, they will take either Williams or Maye and Harrison.

I tend to doubt they will go one. This league have teams desperate to draft the next elite QB that a QB usually goes #1 every year even if that QB really shouldn't be drafted in the top 10. And this year is considered a good year for QBs in the draft.

So don't be surprised that by draft time, Williams and Maye go one and two and another QB or two creeps into the top 5. Neither Zach Wilson or Trey Lance were considered top five picks at this point in 2020.
Are you for Belichick coaching this top 2 QB if we are able to draft one?.

Are you for Belichick coaching this top 2 QB if we are able to draft one?.

The Pats need to move on from Bill. They need to get a head coach who will put his QB in a position to succeed. The complete implosion of Mac Jones was in part because of Belichick doing everything possible to destroy the guy. I don't want him to do that to another QB. I want someone who will nurture the QB.

But I am not advocating to draft a QB just to draft a QB in the top 2. If they think Williams or Maye is an absolute stud and a near guarantee top QB, then yes. But to draft a QB just to draft one, I say trade down and get multiple first round picks.

Mac was pretty darn good his rookie season. Mac today is not Mac from 2021. Go look at Evan Lazar's Twitter. He had several posts during the bye where he showed Mac doing things in his rookie season that he couldn't do today like making 20 yard passes on the money, good pocket presence, and good throwing mechanics.

And I am comparing him to Eason as a promising QB who was destroyed because they got the yips and their confidence was destroyed. I am not saying they are the same exact player.
You're giving way too much credit to Mac. He was doing that stuff early in the season. The second half he was throwing INTs and floaters. Why? Because NFL coaches scout you and they take things away from you. once they figured out he couldn't throw an out, it was all over for him. They clogged the middle of the field.

We see this happening all the time to bad QBs. They look good for several games and then suddenly the NFL figures them out.

But he split reps with Mac this week. He was prepared to start this week. It wasn't a normal week.

But yes, they need to start preparing the offense for him which means dumbing down the offense and giving him quick reads. They gotta do what Patricia did for him last year.
I'm all for the dumbing down if that's what it takes. If he sucks, then cut him and sign Grier back on to start or have Cunny just start. The split reps was the biggest bunch of bull... it's like the Bears game last year which I'd previously stated was the game that BB jumped the shark.

F_35OErWQAAAZE7

Matthew Slater, a waste of a roster space, with the sheep level attempt to block on Ty Montgomery's hit.

I am not arguing that, but look at the craziness over QBs in the draft. That is how guys like Baker Mayfield went one overall or Mitch Trubisky went #2 overall in their respective drafts.

But I would bet if the Bears have two picks in the top three, they will take either Williams or Maye and Harrison.

True but they can't take BOTH Williams and Maye. Which means the Patriots are still within striking distance of that Franchise QB1.

Come on man. Damn near every ball he threw in that first drive was behind the LOS.

Bottom line: Who played better today - Mac Jones or Bailey Zappe? Each of them got 30 minutes of play time.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back