PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Week 12 PostGame Thread: NE Loses 10-7 to NYG

Immediate Postgame Reactions
BB needs a QB to execute his plan, not thrown interceptions and cower in the face of a pass rush.

That would certainly help. But there's also a huge overall talent issue on offense thanks to bad drafting and free agent recruitment over the years.

BB really needs someone ELSE to SHOP for groceries. His groceries STINK!

I don’t think they’ll ever catch the Panthers (that team is truly awful), but they will probably still be in a good spot even if they win a couple more games. I think Arizona will win a few more, and Chicago probably wins one or two more. The Giants suck but Pats have a 2 game lead on them now, and they might squeak out one more win too.

I think even if Pats finish with 4 or 5 wins they’re probably getting no worse than the 4th pick.
There’s no way this team wins 5 games, 4 is also a stretch given how pathetic our O and ST are.

Realistically we either lay a goose egg for the rest of the season or maybe pull 1 game out of our @ss and end up with 3 wins.

We’ll be picking in the top 3…

Wheres Macs candy and roses?
Why- do you want to date him too? He’s got a girlfriend and he doesn’t swing your way. And what will the smurf think?

I see you can’t even answer my question. Not too bright are ya. Lmao

This loss is on Bill and Mac. He should've started Zappe
I'm still team Bill but if be was trying to do anything but tank how do you go a whole bye week splitting starter reps and still go with Mac again.

If he's trying to tank, it makes more sense, however. And if this has been repeated already, I didn't catch the game or the GDT.

I'm still team Bill but if be was trying to do anything but tank how do you go a whole bye week splitting starter reps and still go with Mac again.

If he's trying to tank, it makes more sense, however. And if this has been repeated already, I didn't catch the game or the GDT.
Can’t wait for the QB competition this week. So compelling.

I am not trying to open a can of worms, but I have a hard time believing winning was Belichicks top priority late during the last 2 game.
Hopefully i am the only one that feels this way.

For the record, I was not upset when the kick went wide this week

It is hyperbole, but it was textbook how bad teams ruin young QBs and to say otherwise is disingenuous.
You would think that one of these QBs would eventually amount to something but instead we have 100 examples of bad QBs remaining bad QBs no matter who coached them, and yes, I'll give you Plunkett, but now I just went bad to the 70s.

It's always been the very weak QBs who get ruined.

Even if Harrison is available, you take the QB (Maye/Williams). Most important position in sports.
Only other position I can think of is Goalie

Even if Harrison is available, you take the QB (Maye/Williams). Most important position in sports.
Depends on where you have them rated. Just because several teams were high on Trey Lance and Zach Wilson, it doesn't mean that all teams were.

Passing on Maye and Williams though and then watching one of them become an All-Pro is an absolute death sentence.

I agree with you that you NEED to find your stud QB. A WR like Harrison is not going to help you if you don't have a QB who can throw to him.

Look at Pickett at Pitt. Pickens and Johnson are not too happy right now.

BB needs a QB to execute his plan, not thrown interceptions and cower in the face of a pass rush.
This is the story of many coaches who are fired because they can't find a competent QB. This is easier said than done.

Depends on where you have them rated. Just because several teams were high on Trey Lance and Zach Wilson, it doesn't mean that all teams were.

Passing on Maye and Williams though and then watching one of them become an All-Pro is an absolute death sentence.

I agree with you that you NEED to find your stud QB. A WR like Harrison is not going to help you if you don't have a QB who can throw to him.

Look at Pickett at Pitt. Pickens and Johnson are not too happy right now.
Inversely a good QB needs someone to throw to.

This looks to be the "Golden Draft" for QBs. If there's any year to suck and need a QB the 2024 draft class is probably our best chance to land a real franchise QB.

Here are a couple of 2024 NFL Draft QB Scout articles:

PFF

NFLDraftBuzz
They said the same thing about the 2021 draft, it was being compared to the 1983 draft. Right now it looks like there’s one decent QB out of that draft.

You would think that one of these QBs would eventually amount to something but instead we have 100 examples of bad QBs remaining bad QBs no matter who coached them, and yes, I'll give you Plunkett, but now I just went bad to the 70s.

It's always been the very weak QBs who get ruined.

If a young player (no matter the position) is poorly developed early in their career, it is extremely hard for them to ever get back on track. The first few years in the league is extremely important to any player. There are few late bloomers. There is no way to tell how many of these bad QBs would have been good QBs if they were in better organizations.

Look at Mac. His mechanics have completely deteriorated from his rookie season. Will he ever get that back to even get back to what he was his rookie season or will he always have bad mechanics. He doesn't trust himself and he lacks confidence too. Will he ever get that back?

Even some of the guys who do eventually become good players take many, many years and are lucky to even get that second chance. Kurt Warner was cut and went to the Arena League. Then he was given a shot at NFL Europe and eventually made his way back to the NFL. Today, there is no Arena League and there is no NFL Europe. A Kurt Warner would likely be a forgotten player who never had a shot in the NFL.

The best QB's next year may be found late in the first and in the second rounds.
Patriots need more than 1, so use the first 3 rounds on QB’s. Spend Kraft‘s money to fill other needs. RG3/Kirk Cousin sort of thing.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back