PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Week 12 PostGame Thread: NE Loses 10-7 to NYG

Immediate Postgame Reactions
I see no exaggeration...Bill the jackass took away his favorite receiver, didn't address oline, signed bum wr, drafted bum.wr, wouldn't refer to his starting QB by name, gave him 3 oc in 3 years, one being a defensive coach...please, tell what Bill DID to help his first rd QB? sign hunter Henry? that all ya got? can't see much more than that

You see no exaggeration or hyberbole? Why am I not surprised? Haha. LOL. I hope @Rob0729 and @TheRainMaker feel great about recieving your support. Too funny.

Bill had him, he just chose not to give him a 2 year contract
I know but he needs a new one, TB's retired, what to do going forward is the question.

You see no exaggeration or hyberbole? Why am I not surprised? Haha. LOL. I hope @Rob0729 and @TheRainMaker feel great about recieving your support. Too funny.

I don't think you get the point. Did Belichick do everything purposefully to try to ruin Mac Jones? No. Did most of his actions play a big role in ruining the guy? Yes. It wasn't intentional to ruin him. It was done in reckless disregard of the development and success of Jones. Although the way he handled the QB controversy could have been intentional.

It is hyperbole, but it was textbook how bad teams ruin young QBs and to say otherwise is disingenuous.

Textbook and disingenous? Mac was babied for Y1, and then was asked to step up in Y2. That is how young QBs are ruined? You are so addicted to extreme views. No idea why. You are commony correct in your take, but always have to be extreme for some reason, which ruins your takes.

2. If we have a top 3 pick, if we don't get either Williams, Maye or Harrison, all of New England should gear up for a public execution
As I've said before, the details matter a ton. If the choices are, say, Harrison at 3 vs. Alt/Fashanu at 6 and a 2025 first, I'd be OK with either.

Textbook and disingenous? Mac was babied for Y1, and then was asked to step up in Y2. That is how young QBs are ruined? You are so addicted to extreme views. No idea why. You are commony correct in your take, but always have to be extreme for some reason, which ruins your takes.

I already said Mac lacked the mental toughness to handle it. That is on Mac Jones.

But if any coach or GM wants a case study of what not to do with a young QB, you would be hard pressed to find a better case study than how Belichick and the Patriots handled Mac Jones after his rookie season.

why? the players are still playing hard. they have started playing better on offense minus the qbs. they don't seem to have tuned out their coach. in fact,vilma said during the game that peppers told them he has learned more about football in tne past 1.5 years than he has in the redt of his life. i do think if they keep bb he HAS to increase the size of his staff.
What?? have you been watching the last 4 years?? Come on man, stop it.

Yeah - don't know what he is smoking to say it's only over now.
Yes! I thought Curran was being fecious after the Germany debacle by saying it's going to get worse... he was right. This offense is the absolute worst in the league. BB and his staff have no answers. He has nothing to turn to but to look at the man in the mirror for this expansion team roster. The QB situation was worse than 2020 with cam.. I think cam played better than Mac and Zapp. I'd take 33 year old cam right now!

That's the dilemma the Kraft's have. No coaching candidates that are being mentioned.
There are people paid to look for talent, they aren’t on this forum. Theres always the next someone….just need to find him.

That's the dilemma the Kraft's have. No coaching candidates that are being mentioned.

Unfortunately, it seems that Jerod Mayo is going to be the guy. Nothing against him. He may end up being a great head coach. My problem is he is defensive minded and may just be a continuation of Belichick and his philosophies on how a team should be made up. And I think I would rather have a great offensive mind who realizes that top end talent is far more important than in the past and one of the most talented players at their position on your team shouldn't be the gunner.

What's our record if we had a 2nd/3rd tier NFL level starting QB? I just googled qb rankings and 16-18 are Dobbs, Howell, and Carr.
Our guy Mac was 28th in that ranking but I think his play today was well below even that standard. He just keeps getting worse.

This year’s team had major holes to film; however, in 2006 the team was in much better shape talent wise. So there’s that.

Moving up with the Jets to get this kicker was a mistake.
Agreed special teams sucks royally this season loosing Marcus hurts! We were fortunate to have 2 ALL PRO kickers Vinatieri and Gostowski for long periods.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back