PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 4 Post-Game Thread: Patriots 38, Dolphins 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see the all 22? #29 who picked off Brady was on Dorsett the whole time.(according to the broadcast footage) #24 was on Patterson. Unless you mean you were expecting the DB's to swap coverage with Patterson's in cut?

Looks like Brady doesn't make a good throw because of pressure? Bad decision.

It was 28 Mccain who picked off Brady. Pre snap #25 was lined up on Dorsett and #28 on Hogan. Both Hogan and Dorsett ran side by side until Dorsett hitched back. #25 dumped Hogan off to the safety and followed Dorsett.

upload_2018-10-1_3-7-59.png

upload_2018-10-1_3-7-7.png

upload_2018-10-1_3-8-48.png

upload_2018-10-1_3-10-2.png

One positive on that awesome Int by that DB... is that they are really expanding Dorsett's route tree. He was running a Dig Route on that play. With Edelman now coming back and Gordon getting a little more comfortable Dorsett won't be seeing that kind of coverage anymore. That play should work from now on.:cool:

Last edited:
It was 28 Mccain who picked off Brady. Pre snap #25 was lined up on Dorsett and #28 on Hogan. Both Hogan and Dorsett ran side by side until Dorsett hitched back. #25 dumped Hogan off to the safety and followed Dorsett.

View attachment 21396

View attachment 21395

View attachment 21397

View attachment 21398

I'm referring to the 2nd INT. Oswlek mentions the 2nd INT in his post. Maybe that was a mistake.

Oswlek is quoting another poster who says that both picks were bad decisions.

I'm referring to the 2nd INT. Oswlek mentions the 2nd INT in his post. Maybe that was a mistake.

Oswlek is quoting another poster who says that both picks were bad decisions.

Aha! My mistake. You're right about the second INT.

Anyone else listen to rich Gannon during the broadcast? He was chatting about Brady being careful and willing to throw it away (scuds). Gannon was complimentary calling it "!iving for the next down"...

...interception aversion. Brady has it to a fault.. but you also saw why since a couple were picked...

Whats your opinion on Brady throwing more picks than typical. Non-Issue? Your opinion holds some weight.
I know I'm not the "your" you're looking for, but it seems pretty straight forward. He didn't do the full team-based off-season schedule this year with the new guys, he has mainly new outside the numbers players to throw to, his blind side protector is new, his best first read guy (Gronk) is doubled every play and his best second read guy (Edelman) is squirreled away somewhere.

Put that all together and it means tighter windows and faster decision making. Those are probably, to me, the biggest factors contributing to higher early INT percentage.

That and as I said earlier, the first INT was a great play by the DB...a pro bowl play IMHO and the other guys get paid too.

Another positive for me personally was to see Cyrus Jones looking comfortable returning the Punts! Hopefully the confidence will start to come into him playing more defensive snaps.

Was really proud of this team this week and how they performed.

Anyone else listen to rich Gannon during the broadcast? He was chatting about Brady being careful and willing to throw it away (scuds). Gannon was complimentary calling it "!iving for the next down"...

...interception aversion. Brady has it to a fault.. but you also saw why since a couple were picked...
I don't know what point you are trying to make here.

How is it a fault? Would you rather he be a "gunslinger"?

I never really thought he was a “safety conversion”, I just looked at that as experimentation for depth purposes. As in, “can he play safety well enough that we can trade Jordan Richards?” I doubt they were planning to use him much at safety unless the **** hit the fan or as part of a rotation if the young CBs really started to develop (which may yet happen.)

IDK. In the past, BB has spoken about wanting to blur the distinction between FS and SS, and the distinction between Safety and CB. I think his ideal would be to have a crew of "DBs", all of whom can switch roles from play-to-play.

So, depending on the opponent and situation (and on what the other Pats DBs are doing), we may still see JMac in a safety-ish role from time to time.

Calm down everyone. Stop feeling good. I dvr'd Sports Sunday and just watched it. Leave it to Felgar. We didn't learn anything about the Patriots yesterday. The run game, the defense, Josh Gordon, Sony Michelle, James White, everything in the game was due to the Dolphins sucking. He wasn't impressed with any aspect of any player or the team. I fking hate that guy. I'm trying to decide between watching him again at 2 today or drinking bleach sraight up......... I guess the bleach sounds way more pleasant.

Calm down everyone. Stop feeling good. I dvr'd Sports Sunday and just watched it. Leave it to Felgar. We didn't learn anything about the Patriots yesterday. The run game, the defense, Josh Gordon, Sony Michelle, James White, everything in the game was due to the Dolphins sucking. He wasn't impressed with any aspect of any player or the team. I fking hate that guy. I'm trying to decide between watching him again at 2 today or drinking bleach sraight up......... I guess the bleach sounds way more pleasant.
That's his new shtick. He has this concept of fake wins now. A fake win is not a real victory if the opponent sucks or screws up so much they give the local team the win.

I watched Felger once.

Are we over reacting about this win ?

I don t care...

Zero

Another positive for me personally was to see Cyrus Jones looking comfortable returning the Punts! Hopefully the confidence will start to come into him playing more defensive snaps.

Was really proud of this team this week and how they performed.
ball security=job s...

What a great win. Patriots defense really stepped up and played a physical brand of football. It looks like, at least for one game, that they have recommitted to toughing it out on defense. I hope they can continue the trend. Its crazy that I am concerned that Roberts is hurt. Loving JC Jackson with the pick! Great play by the secondary overall. Hightower is beginning to look better too. I hold out hope.

People will try to say that the Dolphins were not as good as they looked the last three games, but this was a very good win. A division win. I loved that Sony started to look more comfortable running the ball. I think he has only begun to scratched the surface of his ability. Still looked a little hesitant, but he is a huge improvement over his first game. He can also catch the ball, so we haven't really seen that part of his game.

Good win, I was concerned about this game and I am very happy the Patriots showed up to play Patriots football. Lets hope this is the beginning of a trend and not an anomaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back