PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker signs with Denver Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Schefter: Wes Welker deal to Broncos nearly done

at 4/35 with 18 guaranteed I say Welcome home Wes. And bu bye Brandon.

use the Lloyd money to get another FA. and draft early at WR.

There should still be plenty of money to strengthen the D. PLENTY.

The offense without Welker is still well above the championship caliber threshold. The defense with a few pieces for what Welker would cost is crossing the championship caliber threshold. Emotionally it will suck to see Welker go, but logically it's something I think we all can live with, assuming some defensive backs are brought in and/or Talib is retained.

Bring in a Safety, resign Talib and another starting calibar CB if for nothing else insurance for Dennard. Bring in an edge rusher and things look very promising. If that means we have to lose Welker than so be it.

Lol You so mad right now. you about to smash your keyboard right now. Unlike half of you i remember how The Pats won there superbowls and it was paying someone something that they dont think they are worth. This is a blessing in disguise. We gonna stack our D and get good quality wr's who Brady will make better. Last time i checked Wes wasnt hofer canidate in Miami only when he came to the Pats and Brady and the system made him better. No the ban they gave me was uncalled for i didnt break any rules sorry guy put me on ignore:rocker::rocker::rocker:

you have 10 posts and have already been banned once. Good job!

You do have to expect the Broncos structured the deal in a way that the Pats won't match it. That means they may have upped the guarantees and front loaded the contract.

This.

Talks that Denver is throwing some funny contract out there are premature. They know that Welker will have to be pried from New England.

Then so do you. Neither of us know the deal. We were both speaking purely hypothetically.

The speculation that its backloaded or with dummy years is just that, speculation.

And if its funny money at the end, Wes and his agent is hopefully smart enough to realize it.

My point is that it won't be fully guaranteed, which is true of about 99.99999% of NFL contracts, so we're not coming from the same spot.

Welker's worth the cash.

To say this current offense is championship caliber without Wes is beyond idiotic. So Lloyd is the go to guy? LOL good luck with that.

Not lloyd, but would imagine that hernandez moves to slot WR position. Ballard replaces Hernadez at TE.

Doubt we can get Jennings any cheaper.

The Green Bay Packers offered wide receiver Greg Jennings about $10 million per year "a while ago," a source told ESPN Wisconsin's Jason Wilde. That might not be a bad number considering things have been awfully quiet and a return to the Packers has become a stonger possibility.

This.

Talks that Denver is throwing some funny contract out there are premature. They know that Welker will have to be pried from New England.

What are you talking about, 'funny contract'?

Unless the deal is fully-guaranteed then it is not a situation where saying '37 year old Welker isn't worth 11m' is accurate because if the deal is only partially guaranteed - and you know it is - then it's the guaranteed money that matters, every thing else after that is optional or restructure fodder.

The offense lost the Superbowl is a blatant exaggeration. The shortest drive for the Giants in the second Superbowl was 9 plays and they had a ridiculous time of possession because the defense could not get off the field: I guess that's good D. 1st Superbowl D has a 4 point lead to protect with around 2 minutes left and all they have to do is stop a TD and they completely fail , but its all the O's fault.

Two of the best offenses in league history should have scored more than 17 and 21 pts to win the super bowl. You don't win many championships scoring 14 and 17.

Not lloyd, but would imagine that hernandez moves to slot WR position. Ballard replaces Hernadez at TE.

Hernandez will need to shed some pounds if that's the case.

I'm convinced he's going. I just wish it wasn't the broncos!

its official hes gone adam shefter confirmed

Two of the best offenses in league history should have scored more than 17 and 21 pts to win the super bowl. You don't win many championships scoring 14 and 17.

You would think this is something people would put a lot of emphasis on, but nope.

What the hell are you talking about? Of course he's worth that. He's worth more than Harvin and Wallace, so he's worth that money and then some.

The ridiculous of this board never ceases to amaze me.

Nah, maybe Harvin and Wallace is overpaid?? Just because they got big deals it doesn't mean Welker should get same or more ca$h at least not from us..

11 on this account i cant post on my banned account lol derp.

Wait a minute... are you 12???

Bottom line is Denvers offense if rediculous now. Add Welker and they are probably going to break our scoring record. They will have miles away the best roster in the AFC. Stupid decisions will leave us on the outside looking in again. Man Denver has amassed so crazy talent. Which sucks as I hate Denver & GH

We don't know that. It is likely the guarantees are in the $10-12 million range. Anything over $15 million though and you gotta look to see how the deal is structured to see if he is worth it.

No, you don't, which is the point. It's ridiculous how cheap this fan base has become when talking about contracts.

You do have to expect the Broncos structured the deal in a way that the Pats won't match it. That means they may have upped the guarantees and front loaded the contract.

That won't make the deal a bad one. Again, the only way it's even potentially a "bad" deal is if it's fully guaranteed with no backside escape.

Also, to point out yet again....

If this team hadn't been so stupid with Welker for the past two seasons, Welker would be under contract and this wouldn't even be an issue.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Wes Welker has agreed to terms with Denver Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes