PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What team concerns you more this yr, Chargers or Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You beat me to it, dude. That's exactly what I was going to say."

The two of you beat me to it, I'm right there with you. The "It's only preseason" excuse is wearing thin at this point.

So basically Brady is going to play what, one quarter next week and he'll be fit for full time duty, this I gotta see....

"DON'T FORGET THEY PIPE IN CROWD NOISE TOO I HEARD THAT ALSO CHEATERS CHEATERS CHEATERS."

I'll never for the life of me figure out where the stereotype of Colts fans being nothing more than a bunch of slack jawed hayseeds comes from.

Nope, never.

I said last year when they got knocked out that the Chargers were the team to beat this year ... other than us ;) of course ... they are stocked and well coached.

Norv Turner team? Well-coached?

...WTF?

"DON'T FORGET THEY PIPE IN CROWD NOISE TOO I HEARD THAT ALSO CHEATERS CHEATERS CHEATERS."

I'll never for the life of me figure out where the stereotype of Colts fans being nothing more than a bunch of slack jawed hayseeds comes from.

Nope, never.
Yes, what you just quoted is stupid and illogical. The Colts obviously do not pipe in crowd noise, thank you for agreeing with me.

Last edited:
As a Jags fan, the Colts. The Jaguars dealt with the Chargers pretty handily last year.

Now, for you Patriots fans...the Chargers. The reason being is that the Colts won't get far enough in the playoffs to face you. The regular season game, while certainly epic entertainment, is not extrememly important.

Last edited:
My biggest concern is the officials who will be officiating that game at Lucas Oil, that's my main concern. Beating the Colts at home is hard enough without having to also beat the corrupted officials, their Pro-Colt calls and Bill Polian.

That said, I'm more worried about SD, they have more overall talent than the Colts and I think Norv might just be starting to "get it". When he can pull out a Billy Volek lead victory in Indy, as funny as that was to watch, I respect Norv getting the job done on the road in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Jags fan, the Colts. The Jaguars dealt with the Chargers pretty handily last year.

Now, for you Patriots fans...the Chargers. The reason being is that the Colts won't get far enough in the playoffs to face you. The regular season game, while certainly epic entertainment, is not extrememly important.

What the hell are you talking about? This coming from a Jags fan too.:rolleyes: Lend me your crystal ball please.
As a Colts fan I am just thinking about the next game we play.And the team I am most concerned with overall in the league is the Patriots. As long as Bill B. and Brady and Moss are there they will remain the toughest opponent.And your D line does not get enough attention but they can get big time pressure on Manning. I also am impressed with your new rookie lbs.

Last edited:
It seems like these 2 teams hardly change from year to year, that's whats so frustrating. I think the Chargers are the team with a bit more ceiling, while the Colts might be in the initial stages of decline. When I say decline, I mean going back to 10-6! With this being said, the Colts are the more dangerous team with the obvious qb advantage and the ability to exploit a weak secondary like NE's current one.

What team concerns you more, SD or IND?

Obviously, the Chargers. The Colts may not even win their Division.

niether, bring em both on.

Obviously, both teams concern me, but the Chargers are the bigger threat in my opinion. I would make the Chargers (not the Patriots) the favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl this year.

The Colts have advantages at QB and head coach over the Chargers, which make it a little unusual that I see the Chargers as the bigger threat.

San Diego is so athletic and is much younger at many positions than the Patriots. The San Diego corners are good enough that, for a game, they could shut down Moss and Welker. The San Diego pass rush is good enough that it could do to the Pats Oline what the Giants did. LT is a good enough back to control the clock and shorten the game, giving the Patriots offense fewer chances to score points. If any of the above 3 things happen, the Patriots are in big trouble in that game.

Let's start with being concerned about the Chiefs....

It seems like these 2 teams hardly change from year to year, that's whats so frustrating. I think the Chargers are the team with a bit more ceiling, while the Colts might be in the initial stages of decline. When I say decline, I mean going back to 10-6! With this being said, the Colts are the more dangerous team with the obvious qb advantage and the ability to exploit a weak secondary like NE's current one.

What team concerns you more, SD or IND?

This question can't be answered right now until We know the health of Peyton Manning.The Chargers still have to prove that they can win everything.The Colts have already proven it. Manning is the key.

Having read the game threads and subsequent "This guy sucks!" thread about seemingly every player on the team except Brady and Mayo, I'm starting to worry about Miami. They may be this team's only chance to avoid going winless this year.

9/7 Bears
9/14 @ Vikings
9/21 Jaguars
10/05 @ Texans
10/12 Ravens
10/19 @ Packers
10/27 @ Titans
11/2 Patriots
11/9 @ Pittsburgh
11/16 Texans
11/23 @ Chargers
11/30 @ Cleveland
12/7 Bengals
12/14 Lions
12/18 @ Jacksonville
12/28 Titans

There is no chance in hell the Colts are a 13+ win team again this year.

They play exactly 4 games against teams who had a losing record last year and half of their schedule is against 2007 playoff teams. Yes of course things change but good lord.

10/19 @ Packers
10/27 @ Titans
11/2 Patriots
11/9 @ Pittsburgh
11/16 Texans
11/23 @ Chargers
11/30 @ Cleveland

That alone is a brutal stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back