PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which was worse - Losing Brady for the season or losing last years Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing the SB was by far the worst. With God's help we can still win this year's SB with Matt at the helm.

Losing the Superbowl. We were 2 minutes away from making real history. Losing Brady sucks, but the season isn't over yet.

Losing the Superbowl ! I still haven't got over that.

Super Bowl BY FAR - injuries can happen, no matter how valuable the player.

Its a question I had to ask,I think we were all depressed and saddened and shocked over losing the Super Bowl the last game of the season obviously and now we are all shocked,saddened and depressed (at least this week and for awhile ahead) on losing our franchise QB in the first game into the season.

Which is or was worse for you to go through as a Pats fan as of today?

For those who say 'of,course its losing the Super Bowl because its the biggest prize you can win in sports',remember it was pure fun for 18 weeks so not as easy of a question as it seems.

Look...no offense...but this is a stupid question........no contest.....last year's super bowl loss was MUCH worse.....Love Tommy.....but we could still get back there this year if BB can make the right decision......

It's not even a question. Losing the SuperBowl was far worse than losing Brady for the season. Injuries happen, they happen to every team, every year.

The Patriots of last year would have made history, what they should have done will never be repeated. We would have been hearing about the 2007 Patriots as possibly the greatest team of all time for the rest of our lives. To lose that game and lose it in large part due to an absolute fluke play, is absolutely terrible...and there's no getting that back. There will never be a chance to have a perfect season again.

Look...no offense...but this is a stupid question........no contest.....last year's super bowl loss was MUCH worse.....Love Tommy.....but we could still get back there this year if BB can make the right decision......

Obviously not a stupid question since there's a clear split among some - but I'm with you.

Last year's loss was worse - I'm not ready to write off this year and I don't think the players or the coaches are either.

Superbowl, this would have soften the Brady injury a little

the super bowl, hands down. the super bowl meant the last thing i'd remember for the entire offseason was a loss.

all i can think of now is what will cassel do?

and i have another 15 games (at least) to take my mind off brady.

THe SB was worse emotionally. This was almost as bad, but Tom is going to rehab and come back next year, I know it. We're not out of anything yet.

The SB loss was like a giant black hole. And something about last season forever altered football for me. Whether it was Spygate, or the hatred or the loss or all three put together, I still feel a little lost about football. There's definitely a bit of love/hate now. There has to be, because I can watch a Pats game or a BB presser but not anything else football. It didn't used to be that way.

Well Brady was hurt in the Superbowl too so i guess they both hurt equally right now, the SB loss will never go away for me but the Brady injury will be over and done with by next season.

well..let me say this..if brady is fully rehabbed , it will be interesting to see how his play is effected . Does he get a little cautious in effect him stepping up to make throws etc ? i mean if this injury effects him long term then this is worser than the SB. iam hoping its not

Its a question I had to ask,I think we were all depressed and saddened and shocked over losing the Super Bowl the last game of the season obviously and now we are all shocked,saddened and depressed (at least this week and for awhile ahead) on losing our franchise QB in the first game into the season.

Which is or was worse for you to go through as a Pats fan as of today?

For those who say 'of,course its losing the Super Bowl because its the biggest prize you can win in sports',remember it was pure fun for 18 weeks so not as easy of a question as it seems.
its not even close. its losing brady of course. we dont even know how he will heal after his surgery. what happened to donte cullpepper gives me nightmares.

Last edited:
with things like this happen , it makes you wish the last 2 yrs were different.. 2008 so far has not been kind to the Pats and fans.. things could change ,but hind sight is 20/20 , if and buts were candy and nuts every day would be christmas, whatever cliche there is out there.

If I had to rank them...

1a) Blowing the lead against the Colts in the AFC Championship game
1b) Giants upset
1c) Brady getting hurt for season
2) Getting kicked in the balls

Superbowl by far. This season isn't over yet. The Giants took away the chance to make history. However, this is pretty bad. I'm more worried about Tom's future than this season. Take a look at Carson Palmer who suffered a similar injury, he hasn't been the same since.

I like TB but there are other QBs, there may never again be a chance for the perfect season...

no question in my mind it is losing Brady. The fact that he cant avenge the loss sucks more than the loss.

Losing the Super Bowl

Superbowl by far. This season isn't over yet. The Giants took away the chance to make history. However, this is pretty bad. I'm more worried about Tom's future than this season. Take a look at Carson Palmer who suffered a similar injury, he hasn't been the same since.

Yeah, but that whole freakin' team is a mental case and has been coming apart at the seams for some time.

I refuse to compare Tom Brady to Carson Palmer or Daunte Culpepper. I will not go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST