PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why are people in love with Tebow's "wins"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loloooooooooooo

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Remember Vince Young? same scrambling "winner" QB? where is he now? oh yeah on the bench behind Mike Vick who can actually throw... VY is overall better than Tebow too yet he doesn't get as much love either

Last edited:
It's as much to do with how they win as it is to do with Tebow's style of play, he's obviously not the first unconventional quarterback and not the only one playing today, either.

In many games the Broncos were tied or trailing very late into the game and Tebow put together a "miracle" drive to win or bring it to OT, and then win in OT. Combined with the team being 1-4 before Tebow took over, it makes for a good story, albeit a very tiring story after we've heard it many times and the media can't think of anything else to talk about.

Last edited:
comparing Vince Young to Tebow is a pretty big insult to tebow

1. first off take them as people, one is completely sure of himself and where he is in life w/o all the necessary drama, he is a mature adult, the other had a slew of personal problems and was more of a kid than anything

2. take them as competitors, Tebow blow VY out of the water w/o a doubt, one guy in great game shape to help his team win, the other overweight

3. take them as passers, though i would venture to say Tims throwing is uglier, neither is close to above average, but one makes sure the other team does not get the ball either, while the other gives it away like its nothing, also one passer understands the progression required in reads, and the other does not

4. take them as runners: both big, but tebow is much stronger than vince, Tim is also elusive, where areas VY never is, and never was

in short, even though they both have their short commings as NFL QB's, one of them is a competitor w/ heart and will, and the other one is not, which also means that the competitor type may be willing to work much more to improve, and finally end up being much better than the other guy who was only willing to do so much

there are a LOT more differences between these two than there are similarities

vy? are you kidding me? do u watch football? honest question

Remember Vince Young? same scrambling "winner" QB? where is he now? oh yeah on the bench behind Mike Vick who can actually throw... VY is overall better than Tebow too yet he doesn't get as much love either
vy actually did get alot of love when he was getting some of his miracle wins, but tebow's white, pure and a christian figure, that's like some kind of insane trifecta to get behind, for alot of people. this guy is going to be a politician one day.

vy actually did get alot of love when he was getting some of his miracle wins, but tebow's white, pure and a christian figure, that's like some kind of insane trifecta to get behind, for alot of people. this guy is going to be a politician one day.

For some inane reason our society needs hero's, and this go around features Tim..

Take away all of the fluff, and I like the kid.. what I do not like is all of the hoopla that makes him a legend after 3/4 of a season = 1 playoff game..

He is portrayed as someone who had to fight adversity, lets see now he was highly regarded when he came out of HS as Mr. Florida Football recruited by Alabama and Fla. State, started as a freshmen in college, holds all kinds of records in the SEC and was drafted in the first round.. Adversity, what adversity??

He had to fight to earn a starting spot.. after his second year, guess if that is adversity.. then the threshold has just been lowered to whale ****.

Tebow took the helm of a team on the way to the off season and won enough games to get them to the post season. People in Denver loved that. He won a lot of come from behind games. The media loved that. He took no credit for the wins and cheered on team mates. The players loved that.

The real question is, "Why do people hate Tebow's wins?" Too many haters -- it's a game.

I knew it would get to the ugly fairly quickly. He's white. That's it.

Last edited:
For some inane reason our society needs hero's, and this go around features Tim..

Take away all of the fluff, and I like the kid.. what I do not like is all of the hoopla that makes him a legend after 3/4 of a season = 1 playoff game..

He is portrayed as someone who had to fight adversity, lets see now he was highly regarded when he came out of HS as Mr. Florida Football recruited by Alabama and Fla. State, started as a freshmen in college, holds all kinds of records in the SEC and was drafted in the first round.. Adversity, what adversity??

He had to fight to earn a starting spot.. after his second year, guess if that is adversity.. then the threshold has just been lowered to whale ****.
i hate the denver broncos, but tim's just a good person, he's one of the best poster children for christianity in a long time, but when it comes to sports , sports is such a trivial thing imo , there's no magic, but there is a power in belief. i've seen several old atl games that they had no business winning, but vick's guys totally believed in him.

we're seeing that with tebow now, but he's not as complete a qb as vick, and vick's not as complete a qb as your upper echelon guys.

sometimes belief in a player can really carry a team though.

Tebow took the helm of a team on the way to the off season and won enough games to get them to the post season. People in Denver loved that. He won a lot of come from behind games. The media loved that. He took no credit for the wins and cheered on team mates. The players loved that.

The real question is, "Why do people hate Tebow's wins?" Too many haters -- it's a game.

these days, people hate hype , i mean people like to hate on rodgers and that guy actually looks and plays the part , of a great qb with an actual ring. throw in the religious aspect which helped propel tebow to the mainstream, and you have a pretty good recipe for pedastal placement on one side and hatred on the other

very little tweeners

Yup, that bothers me too. Heisman winning, two time national champion, first round pick Quarterback leads a mediocre team to an 8-8 record. INSPIRING stuff, folks!

Calling Tim Tebow inspiring and talking about how tough he is and how he had to fight to get where he is right now is an insult to guys like Kurt Warner and Tom Brady.

Last edited:
I have to admit....he's good for the game. You watch him play and he seems somewhat uncoordinated and even a bit goofy. When he throws downfield it reminds me of my 8 year old son trying to throw the ball back to me from 15 yards away.

BUT...he's likeable...I think it's an underdog thing. I routed for him loudly last weekend and I'm sure most of the country will be pulling for him this weekend. Having said that, I think the Pats cover and move on to the AFCCG

I guess being overseas and not being inundated with ESPN and other over the top media does have its advantages.

I just dont get that this is any big deal either which way.

TT is a great role model and competitor. How many qbs who won 2 college national titles ? He never quits on the nfl football field and he motivates his teammates to be better. Off the field he lives what he preaches and donates his time to others. There is nothing that anyone can say bad about all that except out of either jealousy or resentment because few of us could ever live up to matching his standard for both competitiveness and christianity (in the giving sense - not religious sense).

That said; he is just a football player. Football is a team sport. He is only one of 11 on 1/3 of the football team. That makes him in my book 3% responsible for the success that Denver has had. Ok, granted QB is the key of the O; so I will triple it and give him 9% credit.

Those walking around proclaiming him the second coming of whatever are just as whacked out as those (including some on this board) who vilify and condemn him just because he wears his (big C) Christianity on his sleeve. It's a free country; let him say what he wants and rate him on his play in the game.

I think anyone who wants to take a 2nd year NFL QB and say that he can never learn better footwork, progressions, and pocket presence is foolish. Someone mentioned Vick earlier with the statement that he can actually throw; well it took him about 6 years and jail time before he became a pocket, progression reading QB with good mobility and not just a fast guy with a cannon.

But he is what he is right now. He completes less than 50% and he cant really throw the ball accurately. (He threw 300 on Pitt but almost 100 of those were YAC by DT on only 3 of his 4 catches. Most of that YAC was BAD TACKLES - if you dont get the ball at least get the man. )

So anyone who is in "LOVE" with him better be prepared to be disappointed. they will be at some point this post season (HOPEFULLY THIS WEEKEND).

I think the truly dangerous thing about TT is that up until the NE game he was a ball control QB. He didnt turn it over much either with INTs or fumbles. So if that guy shows up again; Brady and the OL better not have a slow or off night or it could be close.

I wonder if Tebow was atheist, or previously been in jail.
Do you think people will judge him for the playing QB talent or judge him for his background?

I wonder if Tebow was atheist, or previously been in jail.
Do you think people will judge him for the playing QB talent or judge him for his background?

I wonder if Tebow is a threat to atheists?

Last edited:
Because the unwahed masses (us fans) are constantly being told by the so called experts (Bob Kraft's lawn jockey Scott Zolak etc) that Tim Tebow is not an NFL QB......as he throws for 300+ yds in a playoff game.
I respect Tim Tebow the person a great deal because he lives what he preaches but I'm a huge fan of Tebow the football player BECAUSE he offends the mediots. I love it!!!!!!:D

It's like new flavor of'da month. Media likes blowing up players to change norm and if it pisses off most them media's mission accomplished.
As we can see how Aaron Rodgers (discount double check BS) is doing things NO OTHER QB has EVER DONE! Most accurate most this & most that! Media is tired of Tom Brady. It's so obvious especially ESPN. How fast everyone forgets final drive by Brady in SB36 NO timeouts like 1:24 or something leadin Pats down for Adam's game winner comin from a 6th round 1st year playing QB and as bad as Giants Whooped Stomped Harrased Brady In Giants SB win, Brady STILL hit Moss and took'da lead with a minute plus left.
What's funny is BRADY IS STILL GOING STRONG! I'll Take Him Over ANYTONE Right Now!

Programming note: TIM TEBOW: SEASON IN REVIEW , NFLN, Friday night at 8.

Haters said Tebow could not play in this league. He gets on the field and has not become a reason why his team loses. Now the haters want to change the discussion. Wins suddenly don't mean anything.
Tebow may not be a conventional qb, but he brings a lot to the table. The broncos won their first playoff game since 2006 because of tebow's style of play. The OT td happened because of the steelers respect for tebow's style of play.

Republican, or Republican?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back