OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you bring Welker back?

• Yes I think he could help us win a Super Bowl.

Votes: 14 11.1%
  • No I don’t take back my ex’s.

Votes: 68 54.0%
  • It doesn’t matter what I think; Hernandez has a better chance of being resigned.

Votes: 44 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lkjsa0vvlq1qzu2tdo1_400.gif

Sure I would if Edelman can't be resigned. Welker is better than Amendola and the stats proved it. 10 TDs is scoffed at around here for some reason. Peyton manning has a history of getting his slot receivers killed. Look no farther then Collie and Stokley.

If he does come back I do not want him as the center piece anymore. 50-75 receptions mixed in with Gronkowski,Dobson Thomkins and hopefully a couple of more weapons added would be nice. And of course continue to develop the running game.

He already knows a lot of the offense and does have a good working relationship with the QB.
It makes too much sense.

Hell to the no.

This team needs less redundancy at the wide receiver position.

Many think Welker will be cut due to his $8 million cap #. Obviously he would have to mend some fences with Belichick, Kraft, etc. but if he did would you have him back on a 1-2 year deal?

My answer is an astounding no; I don’t believe in going backwards…

Next time click the option so we can see who voted for what ...

So we can expose the Wes Welker people in the forum and cleanse their brain of him.

I think Wes should hang up the cleats. Both brain cells have already suffered irreversible damage.

Attachments

• scrambled eggs.jpg
    scrambled eggs.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 59
  • welker concussion.jpg
    welker concussion.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 59
Why wouldn't they just add another year onto the deal, instead of flat out cutting him? Aside from that, couldn't they just convert some of his money into guaranteed bonuses to lessen the cap hit just as well?

Aren't the chances pretty good that they continue to try and keep the offense as intact as possible, considering the fact that Manning only has another couple of years left? If anyone is likely to be gone it's probably Eric Decker.

I mean...they did just come awfully close to winning a Super Bowl and have been favored in 30 games straight since Manning was brought in. Why would they release Welker when he obviously just helped Manning and the offense tremendously this year?

It isn't like Welker wants to go anywhere else anyway per his comments about DEN and NE last year in free agency, and Bill Belichick obviously doesn't want him. I think that has been more than clearly established.

Attachments

• belichick white.jpg
    belichick white.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 46
Phhhhhhhhhaaaaackkkkk him! :cool:

Why wouldn't they just add another year onto the deal, instead of flat out cutting him? Aside from that, couldn't they just convert some of his money into guaranteed bonuses to lessen the cap hit just as well?

If any of that happens, it proves Kraft's point: the Pats offered him a better deal than the Donkeys did.

If Edelman gets a huge payday (possible) and Welker is released from Denver, then there's a potential need, and we certainly know he can be productive here. If the price works then of course I'd be fine with him coming back.

That's a lot of "ifs", but sure, I'd be ok with it.

a lack of welker was not this team's problem

injuries along with criminal activity were

the pats need to upgrade C and RG and game plan for running the ball 35-40 times a game and just have brady lob bombs from the play action

As always Belichick got rid of him a year too early rather than a year too late.

No way do I want him back. He's done.

The actual player signed to replace Welker actually was not successful in the slot so we didn't prove any such thing in my opinion anyway.

Well, at least what we did prove is that Onthemendola is a gimp-ass waste of money.

As always Belichick got rid of him a year too early rather than a year too late.

No way do I want him back. He's done.

Welker's best days are behind him, he's the past, Edelman is the future.

We took Branch back and his name wasn't allowed to be spoken around these parts. He was often referred to as "The Twig". So if we can re-sign "Voldermort" with open arms, I wouldn't rule out Welker. Hell, I'm still waiting for Seymour to get desperate and come back home.

We took Branch back and his name wasn't allowed to be spoken around these parts. He was often referred to as "The Twig". So if we can re-sign "Voldermort" with open arms, I wouldn't rule out Welker. Hell, I'm still waiting for Seymour to get desperate and come back home.

Only diff is Bill seems to really hate Welker; which is confusing because of all the people who've left and Bill has been seemingly okay with, Welker's departure shouldn't have been that bad.

Welker: Played hard here, never complained (in public), never held out for more money. Thought he was worth a lot more, only wanted to play for a contender, realized he wasn't, asked the Pats to match the Broncos seemingly similar offer. Patriots respond that they've moved on (day 1 of free agency). Result: Bill hates Welker.

Moss: Was seemingly great character for 3 years. Then went mental in he fourth year, and was essentially given away. Result: Bill talks about Moss like he's the world's greatest person

Branch: Holds out for more money, has to be traded away. Result: Bill welcomes him back

Mankins: Holds out for more money AND badmouths the ownership. Result: He gets his contract. Likewise with Seymour except less badmouthing

Honestly, I really can figure out why Welker is hated given all the other players that have left under worse conditions and still get Bill's respect. Maybe Bill and Rex are best friends and Bill holds Welker's comments against him.

Only diff is Bill seems to really hate Welker; which is confusing because of all the people who've left and Bill has been seemingly okay with, Welker's departure shouldn't have been that bad.

Welker: Played hard here, never complained (in public), never held out for more money. Thought he was worth a lot more, only wanted to play for a contender, realized he wasn't, asked the Pats to match the Broncos seemingly similar offer. Patriots respond that they've moved on (day 1 of free agency). Result: Bill hates Welker.

Moss: Was seemingly great character for 3 years. Then went mental in he fourth year, and was essentially given away. Result: Bill talks about Moss like he's the world's greatest person

Branch: Holds out for more money, has to be traded away. Result: Bill welcomes him back

Mankins: Holds out for more money AND badmouths the ownership. Result: He gets his contract. Likewise with Seymour except less badmouthing

Honestly, I really can figure out why Welker is hated given all the other players that have left under worse conditions and still get Bill's respect. Maybe Bill and Rex are best friends and Bill holds Welker's comments against him.

I don’t know if BB hates Welker at all, I have a feeling he’s relatively impersonal regarding football decisions, he makes moves simply based on their expediency. Signing Mankins made the team better so he did it. I think BB spoke so highly of Moss to keep him in line for lack of a better term. Moss is a headcase and a diva, I think all the praise they heaped on him helped Moss keep it together but when Moss’s skills started rapidly declining as well as the shift to the TE-duo offense he couldn’t deal with it. So yet again, I think the move by BB was improve the team.

I think the problem with Welker is that he’s simply not cooperating. His comments about Rexy’s foot fetish, while very amusing, were completely out of line with what BB wanted. Welker also talked smack about how BB ‘got on him like never before’ during his last season in NE, he also remarked that BB pretty much does that to everyone. I’m wondering if Welker’s increase in dropped passes had something to do with BB coming down on him. Welker has also shown his character by throwing Fox under the bus talking about their ‘lack of preparation’.

So, Wes was playing worse yet talking more, not a combo that provides more football value.

Great points, I have no idea what WW did to incur BB's wrath.

Great points, I have no idea what WW did to incur BB's wrath.

According to Curran it was his decision to sign the franchise tag instead of taking the deal they offered him. Belichick felt like that decision cost the Patriots dearly because they wanted and needed to use the cap space elsewhere but didn't have a viable replacement for Welker at the time. This is why Belichick would not budge on their subsequent offers to Welker, because he wasn't going to give him more than their original offer would have paid him for the 2 seasons. I think Curran has it right, that's why Edelman was the starter at the beginning of the 2012 season. Welker was essentially dead to him once he took the 10 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe