OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you bring Welker back?

• Yes I think he could help us win a Super Bowl.

Votes: 14 11.1%
  • No I don’t take back my ex’s.

Votes: 68 54.0%
  • It doesn’t matter what I think; Hernandez has a better chance of being resigned.

Votes: 44 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty comical to hear people calling Welker "a traitor" when they worship Ty Law and he not only left for the money but called Belichick a liar and went to the f.cking jets.

That mini-horse has left the barn. At this stage I think his health is marginal. And I think he's 50-50 to be back with Denver.

Which Kraft pointed out was a likely outcome before the season.

No, I wouldn't take Welker back. Going forward, I don't think there's much left in that tank. The Pats need to improve in a lot of areas for next season, and slot receiver isn't one of them. If they're going to allocate FA money to the position, I'd rather that it go to re-signing Edelman.

Does this signify the official end of the "Should we bring Randy Moss back" Thread and now it's on to Welker?

Does this signify the official end of the "Should we bring Randy Moss back" Thread and now it's on to Welker?

A couple of my other favorites are the "Would you bring Mangini back" and "Would you take back Vinatieri" threads.

How old is Randy Moss?

A couple of my other favorites are the "Would you bring Mangini back" and "Would you take back Vinatieri" threads.

Seymour and Warren are sitting out there.

According to Curran it was his decision to sign the franchise tag instead of taking the deal they offered him. Belichick felt like that decision cost the Patriots dearly because they wanted and needed to use the cap space elsewhere but didn't have a viable replacement for Welker at the time. This is why Belichick would not budge on their subsequent offers to Welker, because he wasn't going to give him more than their original offer would have paid him for the 2 seasons. I think Curran has it right, that's why Edelman was the starter at the beginning of the 2012 season. Welker was essentially dead to him once he took the 10 million.

Makes sense; except since Bill is all about the non-emotional decision, Bill shouldn't be upset at a guy signing the offer that was presented. If they didn't want Welker to sign the franchise offer, they shouldn't have offered it.

We took Branch back and his name wasn't allowed to be spoken around these parts. He was often referred to as "The Twig". So if we can re-sign "Voldermort" with open arms, I wouldn't rule out Welker. Hell, I'm still waiting for Seymour to get desperate and come back home.

It took quite a long time in between though, to allow the Branch situation to heal. There's also the possibility that Branch/Belichick didn't have the same level of problems that Seymour/Belichick or Welker/Belichick had---although we'll likely never know for sure.

I'd guess that both Seymour and Welker have sailed off far into the sunset, as both parties (when you include BB) seem to have some feelings they can't seem to let go of.

Of course either player at the veteran minimum would be a bit of a different story in terms of value, but obviously that's never going to happen.

nope , I'd rather keep Edelman...even for more $$

Welker is free to retire as a Broncos.

Randy Moss, Richard Seymour, and Wes Welker are not walking through that door.

Only diff is Bill seems to really hate Welker; which is confusing because of all the people who've left and Bill has been seemingly okay with, Welker's departure shouldn't have been that bad.

Welker: Played hard here, never complained (in public), never held out for more money. Thought he was worth a lot more, only wanted to play for a contender, realized he wasn't, asked the Pats to match the Broncos seemingly similar offer. Patriots respond that they've moved on (day 1 of free agency). Result: Bill hates Welker.

Moss: Was seemingly great character for 3 years. Then went mental in he fourth year, and was essentially given away. Result: Bill talks about Moss like he's the world's greatest person

Branch: Holds out for more money, has to be traded away. Result: Bill welcomes him back

Mankins: Holds out for more money AND badmouths the ownership. Result: He gets his contract. Likewise with Seymour except less badmouthing

Honestly, I really can figure out why Welker is hated given all the other players that have left under worse conditions and still get Bill's respect. Maybe Bill and Rex are best friends and Bill holds Welker's comments against him.

Belichick doesn't like Welker because he's got a big mouth and even worse he opens it only to say something stupid. That's the number one sin in Belichick's book.

Wes Welker needs to retire........He has taken so many hard hits to the head and resulting concussions that he ought to get out while he still has his wits....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents