PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2006 Rule Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Show416

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Alot has been made of the whole 2006 rule change that Brady 'pushed' for. I was listening to NFL Radio and that jackass Bill Polian was on and a caller asked about that rule change since Polian was on the competition committee at the time.

To summarize Polian - apparently Wilson (the football maker) approached the committee about a new synthetic ball they came up with and wanted the QBs on the committee's teams to try them out in OTAs, offseason workouts, etc. and give feedback if they want to switch to this new ball. Wilson also sent it to Brady on their own since he's such a marquee QB. The Qbs all came back saying no they want to keep their current balls.

Then, apparently they (all 9 QBs) asked the committee what if qbs are allowed to simply bring their own balls which the commitee looked into and approved.

The point of this thread is all I see on the effing media is that Brady 'pushed' for a rule change as if he went out of his way to lobby this change. When in reality it was actually Wilson who came up to him for his opinion. This revisionist history and propaganda being thrown around in the media is tiresome so I wanted to share it here so we have more ammo when people ask 'then why did Brady push for this rule change'. I was at a BBQ this sunday and as the only pats fan there people were asking me that. Well now I have an answer.

That doesn't sound like Polian to offer up information that isn't tainted with Patriot hate.

On the same topic, I heard him earlier today on the radio and he actually pronounced "Patriots" correctly. He was still bashing the team, but he wasn't referring to them as "The Patri-aughts". He must be losing his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back