PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Free Agent Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not wrap my head around why bb has it signed a big dt or two? There are plenty available at reasonable prices.

I have a few theories.

1) Because they play ~73% in sub, the value of a pure run stuffer in this defense is diminished.
2) The recognize VWs value, but because of his age and project snap count (hes not playing 70% of the snaps again), they are not going to pay him ~$5m in 2015. They want his dollars to come down more.
3) They are confident that they can pick up 2-3 DTs via the draft or FA or off the couch by the end of the year.
4) They didn't like Pot Roast, Fairly or anyone else for whatever reason.

I think VW is a better solution at DL run stuffer in FA if that is the direction they are going. He is proven in our system.

Vince's agent said that he is taking his time in FA. I think if he had $5 mil/ year offers out there he would jump at it. PotRoast only got $4/ year.

I believe the longer it plays out he comes back for $2.5 mil/ year. His wife loves the area for bringing up their kids. If he plays his whole career here he will have more endorsement or post career opportunities.

His statement upon having his option not picked up seemed to leave the door open

No way Vince would come back for 2.5 mil per year. He will demand the going rate or a little
more from the Patriots. I think he is screwing with the Patriots by delaying his decision. He
is waiting for all the available options to sign elsewhere. Then, he will sign with Houston or
the Colts. He will wiggle his middle finger as he departs.

I think VW is a better solution at DL run stuffer in FA if that is the direction they are going. He is proven in our system.

Vince's agent said that he is taking his time in FA. I think if he had $5 mil/ year offers out there he would jump at it. PotRoast only got $4/ year.

I believe the longer it plays out he comes back for $2.5 mil/ year. His wife loves the area for bringing up their kids. If he plays his whole career here he will have more endorsement or post career opportunities.

His statement upon having his option not picked up seemed to leave the door open
Nick Fairley received 1yr $5m.

VW is not receiving $5m guaranteed.

I have a few theories.

1) Because they play ~73% in sub, the value of a pure run stuffer in this defense is diminished.
2) The recognize VWs value, but because of his age and project snap count (hes not playing 70% of the snaps again), they are not going to pay him ~$5m in 2015. They want his dollars to come down more.
3) They are confident that they can pick up 2-3 DTs via the draft or FA or off the couch by the end of the year.
4) They didn't like Pot Roast, Fairly or anyone else for whatever reason.

Probably a premature ejaculation of a conclusion but maybe BB is looking for young fast legs at DT

• Ha Ha
Reactions: TBR
No way Vince would come back for 2.5 mil per year. He will demand the going rate or a little more from the Patriots. I think he is screwing with the Patriots by delaying his decision. He is waiting for all the available options to sign elsewhere. Then, he will sign with Houston or the Colts. He will wiggle his middle finger as he departs.

If you look at all the signings, what do you think the going rate is for a 34 year old DT?

Nick Fairley received 1yr $5m.

VW is not receiving $5m guaranteed.
Exactly. There are reports from his agent that he has offers of 2 years/ $10 mil out there. Agent propaganda. I believe his value for the Pats are in the $2.5 mil range

Exactly. There are reports from his agent that he has offers of 2 years/ $10 mil out there. Agent propaganda. I believe his value for the Pats are in the $2.5 mil range
Yep. Those figures MAY be correct but what we don't know is the guaranteed $, playing incentives, etc.

View attachment 8916RapSheet
In random #Saints news, they are in the process of re-doing the much-discussed contract of CB Keenan Lewis to make him… happier
2015-03-13, 7:38 PM

F*ck

I was just thinking. If they trade him they take a cap hit worse than if they kept him. What if they are changing his contract so that is not the case but upping his salary so the team he is traded to is on the hook for it so that he would agree to do it (assuming that team gave permission for them to do so).

Probably not what is going on but just a thought.

@RapSheet: Safety Ron Parker is headed back to the #Chiefs. He’ll sign a 5-year, $30M deal, source said

@Rand_Getlin: It's a three-year deal worth $15M for Perrish Cox and the #Titans.

The CB market is drying up quickly. I wonder if the team plans on signing one/trading for one at all, or if they have decided to simply draft help.

The CB market is drying up quickly. I wonder if the team plans on signing one/trading for one at all, or if they have decided to simply draft help.

I know it will never happen, but what about trade for Jason McCourty? Have the twins together! Jason is a Rutgers player! :p

I know it will never happen, but what about trade for Jason McCourty? Have the twins together! Jason is a Rutgers player! :p

I'd love that on so many levels. he's pretty damned good, too, and communication is everything in a secondary. Signed through 2017, but 6.8, 7, and 7 due in salary.

It's fun to imagine but seems unlikely. Tennessee seems to really like him, too.

My take is that Chekwa will be the only free agent cornerback the Patriots will sign. Too much
money for too little quality. They will rely on their current roster for starters and shift McCourty
to corner if necessary. Hopefully, Dennard, Butler, and Ryan will progress instead of regress.
We can look forward to a couple of rookie draftees. I wonder who this year's Wheatley and
Wilhite will be. It is guaranteed that at least one of them has dropped in the draft due to injury.
Both of them will be projected as reaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick