PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 . Trade Deadline . thread

Just a reminder, Blount didn't have Lewis on the Roster for those 1st 8 games. Lewis only played in the last 7 games last year.

The team also didn't have Burkhead. Lewis and Burkhead have both taken touches from Gillislee. (Lewis-58, Burkhead - 15).

The team also isn't running the ball as much this year as they did last year.

Also, the O-line was fairly healthy last year. This year, Cannon has had an ankle injury since week 1. He missed about half the reps in the last game.

So, the basis for your counter-argument is flawed at best..

Lewis
1st 5 games 19
Rec att 10

Burkhead
Att 15 was injured wks 3-6

Gilislee should have been the #1 option and wasn't producing expecially the 1st 5 games when Lewis wasn't being used and Burkhead was hurt.

Flowers does a nice job on the inside. Not sure I want to take him totally out of that role as an inside rusher (unless they have someone better)

They tried Wise there last weekend and he didn't seem to do a heck of a lot.

Wise has been quiet the last couple of weeks but i like his potential.

Yes, because a pass rusher is going to help the Patriots stop the run.. o_O

The Pats need someone who will allow them to keep Flowers on the outside instead of bringing him inside on passing downs.

I think once Malcom Brown comes back, our run D, will go back to the way it was before he got injured, and when Valentine comes back that will only strengthen our position at defensive tackle.
I think the more urgent need is someone that can rush the passer and put the opposing qb on his back!!!!! Just don't know of too many teams willing to trade those type of players!!!!

You are up there with Pats1989

Wow resort to insults for a difference of opinion than yourself.

Very classy and grown up of you, are you still in Highschool or just prefer to be one of those people who feel the need to inslult people on the internet cause you can't do it in real life?

Let's get some Ansah and take a flier on Orchard in Cleveland.

Lewis
1st 5 games 19
Rec att 10

Burkhead
Att 15 was injured wks 3-6

Gilislee should have been the #1 option and wasn't producing expecially the 1st 5 games when Lewis wasn't being used and Burkhead was hurt.

So you're moving the goalposts to fit your agenda. Typical. Face it. You put up a crap argument and got called on it. Plain and simple.

I think once Malcom Brown comes back, our run D, will go back to the way it was before he got injured, and when Valentine comes back that will only strengthen our position at defensive tackle.
I think the more urgent need is someone that can rush the passer and put the opposing qb on his back!!!!! Just don't know of too many teams willing to trade those type of players!!!!

See. You are forgetting that those two being out directly affects the DEs ability to rush the Passer because it messes with the rotation inside.

How about this Second rounder to Detroit for the rights of Megatron. I heard he's thinking about coming back but not with the bad news Lions. Red Zones Issues Solved.

See. You are forgetting that those two being out directly affects the DEs ability to rush the Passer because it messes with the rotation inside.

I just think if we had another good pass rusher, it would help our out defense so much....More 3 and out's is what I'm talking about and putting the opposing qb on their back!!!!!!!!!

How about this Second rounder to Detroit for the rights of Megatron. I heard he's thinking about coming back but not with the bad news Lions. Red Zones Issues Solved.
A second rounder for rights to Megatron? The Raiders gave up a late round pick for the rights to Lynch which was a similar situation.

The run D, other than one play, has been good for a month. The bigger worry though about run D is Hightower being out. We will have to see how that goes.

Calvin Johnson, as great as he is, isn't worth the 2nd rounder.

The problem the Pats have right now is that their 3rd and 4th round picks can't be traded because they are tied to Rowe. Yes, it's looking like Rowe won't make the requirements needed to bump the pick to a 3rd, but it's still possible.

I'd make the pick a 2019 pick contingent on Calvin actually playing , the number of TDs he gets and the Patriots winning the SB..

How about a conditional 7th rounder? 2nd is way too much for someone who’s currently retired. I say conditional because he may not even come out of retirement

A second rounder for rights to Megatron? The Raiders gave up a late round pick for the rights to Lynch which was a similar situation.

The Seahawks had already given Lynch permission to shop around. It's unknown whether the Lions have done the same with Johnson..

If Landry was just on any other team besides a division rival. He’s the best possible transition from Brown - Welker - Edelman/Amendola.

Thought you'd like this - from a Miami reporter:

The responses regarding the Patriots are quite amusing....

Hmmm didn't the Patriots just win a Super Bowl with that RB who can't block?

performance??

Blount last year in 1st 8 games
Att 161
Yds 609
Td 9

Gilislee this year 1st 8 games
Att 98
Yds 355
Tds 4 (3 in 1st game)

Blount scored 18 touchdowns last year and Gilislee won't even sniff anywhere close than that.

Gileslee isn't even being used on passing downs as White and Lewis are being used there, so the Gilislee is a better blocker argument doesn't have much to back it up.

Sorry I read up to the point where you started a meaningless comparisons between players with different teams, different opponents in different years and stopped caring about the rest of the post.

Also the last part just shows that you dont understand what the main problem with a pass blocking liability is.

No the OL is playing like crap. Play calling at times has been horrible. They miss Bennetts blocking Etc..

However With the struggles right now in the red zone and goaline IMO Blount is better than Gilislee.

I don't get it. Saddled with crappy OL play, horrible playcalling and no Bennett to help block, (your own words) Gillislee not putting up equal numbers to what Blount did at this point last season proves what exactly?

Wow resort to insults for a difference of opinion than yourself.

Very classy and grown up of you, are you still in Highschool or just prefer to be one of those people who feel the need to inslult people on the internet cause you can't do it in real life?

Good. I'll double down on it, then.

Your observations are unfounded, terrible and ridiculous.

The team is 6-2 and it's Negative Nancys like you that bring this whole board down.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back