PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Week 8: Patriots fall 31-17 to the Dolphins

Immediate Postgame Reactions
I hope Kraft was watching today and saw what a real NFL offense looks like in today's NFL. Tua on his own is nothing special. Tua with all those fast players at skill positions is an MVP candidate. No matter who the QB is going forward unless they are lucky enough to draft another true HOFer, that is the way you have to build your team. Arguably the three best teams in the NFL have QBs who aren't elite or anywhere near elite, but have elite offenses because of who is around them - Miami, Philly, and San Fran.
Please, Miami got top 10 picks to get the team they had with some lousy ****ing draft partners with Houston for Tunsil and SF for Lance. Just an abundance of picks. The only thing they did that wasn’t so freaking obvious was trading for Hill which took a lot of balls. Other than that there is nothing they did that a 4th grader couldnt of done.

And then we got 3 points to start the second half off a turnover in the red zone by Miami.
With a wide open Parker right in front of Jones...

To be a successful organization in professional sports, you need something to sell to your fan base. Winning, hope for the future, or entertainment are three things that teams can hang their hat on. Right now, the Calgary Flames are not selling any of those elements to their smart, dedicated, loyal fan base.
The Calgary Flames are a directionless organization. They’re not good enough to be a legit contender for the Stanley Cup (they might not even be good enough to make the playoffs). We don’t think they’re bad enough to bottom out and get a high draft pick. They’re not a fun team to watch. There are no star players. There are no players or play on the ice that get the fans out of their seats. What is there to cheer about right now?

This is from article few days about Flames (I'm from Calgary). Unfortunately, it's applying to my Pats as well.
ROFL

You think that the patriots are an unsuccessful franchise? How many season tickets went unsold? How much money is the team losing each year. How much has the value of the team gone down since Brady left?

Please, Miami got top 10 picks to get the team they had with some lousy ****ing draft partners with Houston for Tunsil and SF for Lance. Just an abundance of picks. The only thing they did that wasn’t so freaking obvious was trading for Hill which took a lot of balls. Other than that there is nothing they did that a 4th grader couldnt of done.

Unfortunately, I don't know if Belichick would have done what they did. I seriously doubt he would have drafted Waddle.

No question.

I said in the pregame thread a win would be great but i'd be (somewhat) content with seeing a smart, disciplined, hard-hitting football team that didn't hurt itself. Miami is a more talented team playing a home. A tall order even back in the dynasty years but even still....

Hard-hitting we saw (except for the missed tackles)
Disciplined? Nope
Smart? Nope
Did it hurt itself? Yep.

The only way you can measure Belichick's job performance is by wins, progress/improvement and talent on the roster.

Do people think he is performing well?
Yup

Belichick is responsible for the win last week, and for the loss today.

They lost because they are a bad team. How many times did bad teams that actually gave the Pats a hard time feel like they were getting screwed on bad calls? Good teams overcome this.
Two things can be true at once.
Did you see the hit on Parker?
The holding call on Godchaux?
The missed hold(s) on the Mostert run?

On and on and on. Stevenson’s “fumble” against Miami a couple of years ago vs. the critical no call today?

The refs didn't cost us the game necessarily (because we suck so bad). But no one can say the refs didn't make several massive calls on behalf of the Dolphins AND did not flag several very obvious calls for the Patriots. Just look at the head-hit on Parker. Clear as a bell. Called 100% of the time. Adding in the pile drive after the helmet hit - no flag. Every close call went the Dolphins way. It just adds to the bitterness about the Pats looking the worst team in the league.

Dolphins aren’t a top tier team like KC or the Eagles. Not impressed by their lackadaisical defense.

That fourth quarter TD drive was almost all Zeke.

And with three 3 and outs in five series in the second half, we could have exploited a tired Phins defense.

Why wasn’t Sow playing? When Mafi was flagged fir illegal receiver downfield, that killed a drive.

We need more talent, a different GM.

Yup

Belichick is responsible for the win last week, and for the loss today.
BB is responsible for everything and I apply the same logic when TB12 was here.

Cousins hurt. Mac for a can of expired cheez whiz and a super warm beer.

Sure, make 15 trades, just like the other teams selling today by Tuesday at 4. BTW, how many trades do you think there will be. My guess is about 15 for the entire league.

We might make one trade. Oche and Thornton seem most likely.
I didn’t say trade every other player. I said they should be available. If a tackle-needy team comes in to overpay for Trent Brown, do you say no?

This team is years away from contending. Youth movement is needed just to see where to fill in the hikes via FA. There are very few vets/impending FAs on this team worth clutching.

I’ll add, keep Pharaoh and at least one of the other 2 TEs.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back