PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 Bowl Games

Possible east coast bias maybe
Could be but I think it's more that he's a lefty with a different delivery and it throws evaluators off.
But he is the best deep ball thrower in the country, throws lasers,and he's accurate.
I would take him in a heartbeat over Williams.
Maye might have the best raw tools but he had some real terrible games.
Penix never had a bad game.
I think he might end up being the best nfl qb of the entire draft.

I don't understand why Penix is so underrated. He was probably the best qb in the country this year. Ahead of Daniels.
I like Daniels but Penix is better passing.
And he was at his best in the biggest games. I think draftniks are sleeping on him
He is your guy if you are going to play in shotgun all season and also have a clean pocket a lot. Not enough tape of Penix under center is the reason folks don't rank him so highly as he will need to learn that. Not in the playbook for Wash and he is paying for it. He throws like Cam when he was good and I don't see lots of anticipatory throws enough from him.
Plus his built does not exude confidence he can withstand a 17 plus game a year in the NFL right away. He can be a project if you have the luxury.

He is your guy if you are going to play in shotgun all season and also have a clean pocket a lot. Not enough tape of Penix under center is the reason folks don't rank him so highly as he will need to learn that. Not in the playbook for Wash and he is paying for it. He throws like Cam when he was good and I don't see lots of anticipatory throws enough from him.
Plus his built does not exude confidence he can withstand a 17 plus game a year in the NFL right away. He can be a project if you have the luxury.
He's a much better passer than Cam.
And he's 6'3" with a frame that can add some muscle. That's not even a concern for me.
His intangibles are also off the chain. He's a natural leader,much more than all the other qbs except Daniels.
And like Daniels he's tough as nails.
Also not a diva. He's one of the guys unlike Williams.
A lot of him reminds me of Brady.
So- called measurable and tools don't mean squat if you can't throw an accurate quality ball. Scouts put too much emphasis on tools. Same reason Brady was drafted late. Instead LOOK AT HIS TAPE because that's all that really matters.
He's also spent more time in the pocket than anyone and that translates better to nfl success than all these clowns running around.
For that reason, playing under center is something he can learn.
He's less of a project than just about any other qb.
We'll see what happens.

I see Harbaugh hired Don Yee as his agent. Feels like the NFL may be in his future after next weeks championship game.

Last edited:
J Polk maybe much better than regarded.

Love the 2024 class overall a lot of good Talent @ WR.
Disappointed would be an understatement if we don’t address this in the draft.

Quinn Ewers is really good you can see it.

Quinn Ewers is really good you can see it.
That’s the guy I want to enter the draft. I don’t think he has much more to prove in college.

Like him but to me he’s still behind guys like Daniels and Nix. Wouldn’t take him as high as 3. High 2nd would be ideal if we go OT/WR first.
Interesting imagine getting Harbaugh then Drafting him in the Second Hmmmmnmmm.

Could be but I think it's more that he's a lefty with a different delivery and it throws evaluators off.
But he is the best deep ball thrower in the country, throws lasers,and he's accurate.
I would take him in a heartbeat over Williams.
Maye might have the best raw tools but he had some real terrible games.
Penix never had a bad game.
I think he might end up being the best nfl qb of the entire draft.
Well said Brother him being a lefty is an advantage and he throws lasers. Imagine him playing fetch go get it with Tee Higgins. :cool:

I think it's gonna be an entertaining 2nd half but I gotta hit the sack and get up with the chickens. Have to read about it tomorrow

I will allow you to take that back I am sure you saw that NFL Throw.
Give Me A Break Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Last edited:
I think it's gonna be an entertaining 2nd half but I gotta hit the sack and get up with the chickens. Have to read about it tomorrow
Take care Brother I'm going to be tired. :)

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back