PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 QB

What would your QB room look like? Zappe has done well but there would be a totally different pressure and expectation on him as starter in September. Still think we need a vet (Jacoby?) and a rookie with realistic potential i.e. top 2 rounds.
i personally prefer Maye >Daniels>Williams and none of the rest (it is very close between maye and daniels for me)
so ideally it would look like Maye Zappe and Flacco/Brissett/Wentz
We need a VET, this should help the learning curve of the rookie imo

Yes, Bledsoe was so frustrating because sometimes he was excellent and other times he was a tick too late. He could not read the defense and throw with anticipation. Great points.
Imagine if Brady had Bledsoe's size and arm strength?

I was big on signing Mayfield, but with him likely getting extended for big money and Flacco balling out, I'm fine with Flacco....Jimmy should be a FA too...Plus a Draft pick of course

No QB faces tougher defense at all levels than SEC QBs. Mac wasn't immune from this. His game is now on a psychiatrist's couch. Daniels is for real.
Unfortunately, Bill isn't going to leave us the chance to draft Daniels (at least not without having to give up higher later round picks for a trade to do so).

Unfortunately, Bill isn't going to leave us the chance to draft Daniels (at least not without having to give up higher later round picks for a trade to do so).
I think if Daniels rises then Maye drops. The teams ahead of us won't take a QB unless they planned on it all along. I'm hoping Alt makes it to us. My QB (Beck)went back to college so we can attempt to move up for him next year.

My QB (Beck)went back to college so we can attempt to move up for him next year.
If we're into 2025 QBs then I'm up for Milroe. However, I see him being a top 5 pick if his improvement continues. Hopefully, the Pats won't be picking top 5 in 2025, but who knows.

Maye looks like a exact clone of Herbert looks and everything else. I was getting Trubisky vibes but a poster sold me on his abilities much better prospect way more talented. Great year for QB's and WR's.
If we're plaing the comps game:

Caleb Williams is a shorter Patrick Mahomes.

Drake Maye is a Justin Herbert clone.

Jayden Daniels is a skinnier Lamar Jackson.

Those top 3 QBs could all end up being franchise QBs or at least have the talent ceiling to become 'the guy' for your team.

Michael Penix.

Michael Penix.
If you're going strictly by their performance this year, Penix and Daniels were the 2 best qbs in college. Penix outplayed Williams when they faced each other and he won
Both are tough. Some of the others,like Williams are not tough.
Penix and Daniels both also played more in the pocket than just about all the rest,though can and do run.
I probably prefer Maye but after him Daniels and Penix would be my top choices.
I want nothing to do with Williams

I think if Daniels rises then Maye drops. The teams ahead of us won't take a QB unless they planned on it all along. I'm hoping Alt makes it to us. My QB (Beck)went back to college so we can attempt to move up for him next year.
I was intrigued by Carson Beck. Depending on how next season shakes-out, we might be in the position to draft him in 2025.

Nobody likes Tulane's Michael Pratt??

I think Maye is being tremendously underrated on this board. The guy has a rocket arm and is pretty mobile.
I think the competition thing is irrelevant. Not every star qb plays in the SEC.
Baker didn't, Lamar didn't, Purdy didn't, Mahomes didn't and they all seem to be doing pretty well.

If Pats come away with any of Williams, Maye or Daniels..this town should be ecstatic. If can't get one of them...Alt, Fashanu, Harrison or Nabors will be dynamite and it will be exciting.

That is 7 blue chip picks. As long as they do not fall out of top 7...they will come away with a player.

If they beat Buffalo.....Pats may fall out of top 7 and that will seriously hurt their chance at a true blue chipper

Last edited:
Although the 2024 QB class is still good...I think 2025 will top it: Sanders, Ewers, Leonard, Jefferson, McCall, Mertz, Bachmeier, Rogers

Sanders is the my highest rated passer since Lawrence

I think Maye is being tremendously underrated on this board. The guy has a rocket arm and is pretty mobile.
I think the competition thing is irrelevant. Not every star qb plays in the SEC.
Baker didn't, Lamar didn't, Purdy didn't, Mahomes didn't and they all seem to be doing pretty well.

If Pats come away with any of Williams, Maye or Daniels..this town should be ecstatic. If can't get one of them...Alt, Fashanu, Harrison or Nabors will be dynamite and it will be exciting.

That is 7 blue chip picks. As long as they do not fall out of top 7...they will come away with a player.

If they beat Buffalo.....Pats may fall out of top 7
I think if we lose out we have shot at Maye I have the Redskins taking him if they finish in front of us. :rolleyes:

Just been watching a Field Yates and Mel Kiper podcast on the 2024 QB class. Some interesting takes. Get the sense that a great combine could see Daniels moving up, possibly even to the first pick. Kinda hoping that doesn't happen and we get him in our range i.e. 3-6.

Although the 2024 QB class is still good...I think 2025 will top it: Sanders, Ewers, Leonard, Jefferson, McCall, Mertz, Bachmeier, Rogers
Don't sleep on Jalen Milroe. If he improves next year like he did this year then you could be looking at a Top 5 pick.

Sanders is the my highest rated passer since Lawrence
Where did you see that high rating on Sanders?
Williams is currently rated higher than Sanders.

MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Back