PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any Meadowlands Tailgating Tips?

BBD

Rookie
Reaction score
Heading down to catch the Pats in Jersey in 2 weeks - never been to the stadium before. Any tips? Is there a visitor lot preferable for tailgaiting? And how are the locals? Thanks

They're obnoxious and generally not that bright but I didnt experience much outside of a few "Pats suck!" or "Brady sucks!". Not much to do but I think there is a beer garden close by that will shuttle you to and from.

Seeing the Pats v Gints in 07 was fine... Seeing the Pats v jete was another story... Only game I've ever been to that almost ended in a fight in the stadium... Traffic is horrible, especially when leaving... But that was at the old giants stadium... Have fun though

The upper deck mutants may try to violate you if you don't expose your teets, regardless of which of the 31 recognized genders in the Tri State area you identify with that day

If I were you I'd be thinking of NOT GOING...if you DO go say hi to this nitwit...

AcidicSarcasticGrouse-size_restricted.gif

Bring food
Bring beer
Eat food
Drink beer

And if its cold, Dr McGillicuddys and hot chocolate = Win

Seeing the Pats v Gints in 07 was fine... Seeing the Pats v jete was another story... Only game I've ever been to that almost ended in a fight in the stadium... Traffic is horrible, especially when leaving... But that was at the old giants stadium... Have fun though
I've been to several games in both the new and old stadiums and I don't find the crowds at the new one to be as trashy. Buffalo on the other hand somehow they got worse just a bunch of drunk aholes.

I dont have any tailgating tips but I do recommend springing for one of the sideline club seats. They have these cool areas similar to the Optum at Gillette but on the sidelines so you get real close to the players.

Also some of the hotels real close by shuttle you in and out.

My Meadowlands tailgating tip is to go to the Meadowlands for the Giants, not the Jets. Much different crowds.

Tailgate with some Hell’s Angels you may need them

Been to 2 Pats games at the old Meadowlands. Drove up and back from Philly for a Monday nighter. Had fun. I remember lots of pot smoking on one of the big ramps. We snuck in close to a six pack each for the other game on Sunday. This was back in the late 90s I think. Different times. Didn't have an issue with the fans. Traffic was brutal of course.

I tailgated with the old JetsInsider.com crowd twenty years ago...the Pats whupped the Jets that day...fun times. Great crowd and I didn't talk too much **** post-game. That was at the old Giants Stadium though and traffic sucked getting out..especially in the rain.

Easy getting in and out of the parking lot, but I went when they had the old stadium. I doubt there is a visitor lot so obviously look for other NE fans and park beside them.

The Jets fans were like all other fanbases. They were not better or worse. I stayed in Secaucus. I found good bagels, pizza and a liquor store for beer. Down the road in Lyndhurst there was a bakery that was top shelf.

I strongly recommend wearing a mask. No telling what kind of nasty s.hit you could catch from those disease-ridden degenerates.
2nd thought just wear a hazmat suit
Jete stank is transmissible by air particles and surfaces. It's worse than Covid.

They say that their is not a bad seat in that stadium. I've been to the old Giants Stadium and it was fine. Of course that was 21 years ago when the Pats were starting a second year QB after their franchise QB got hurt and he led them to a great comeback. I lived on Long Island for years, New Yorkers are fine, just like anywhere else, there is always a few aholes in the bunch.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back