PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As of Week 7 2023, what *position* do you most want in the first round?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If the Pats can't get Maye/Williams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pats need to take Bookend tackles with their 1st and 2nd picks.. I know people will HATE that idea, but that's what the team needs unless Klemm has a magic wand and make Lowe a serviceable Swing tackle in the off-season.. But I doubt it.

Works for me, you can never be too good at OL.

Good to see you back. :)

A question: right now, with the Pats at 5, they'd almost certainly have to trade up to 3 to get Harrison. If Kraft gave you final say, would you be willing to give up the 1st and 2nd (which is roughly what the draft chart says) to get him, or would you rather just go with one of the others wherever they end up?

No..

I’m still hoping Pats continue to lose and move into the top 3 to get one of Williams, Maye or Harrison.

If the Pats pick four or later I would want a franchise left tackle.

Regardless of the order of the positions drafted they better bring in depth/potential upgrades at wr, OT, and QB. I want them to spend multiple picks on each of those positions. This team could use talent at almost every position but the premium offensive positions should be the focus which would be a departure from normal Patriots strategy.

Duplicate post please delete.

My choice of OT is under the assumption that we will be picking around 5-10. If we do end up in the top 3, then I don't see how we could pass on Maye, Williams, or MJH. If they pick 4th and take Brock Bowers over an OT, I'd be a little miffed. Rebuild the OL!!!!

Interesting note - there's not a separate thread on draft order.
The Patriots currently have the #1 strength of opponent schedule - which means that they will be at the bottom of their record group in the first round.
So, currently, of all the 2-7 teams, they would pick last in the first round.

I'd go OT, LB, WR.

If Sweat of Texas is around after 1st round I'd jump on him as a Wilfork type.

I'd take KS State QB Howard if he's around after the 4th round. Josh Allen size, mobility. Not afraid of a dirty pocket. Late bloomer as a passer but on the right trajectory.

Pats need to take Bookend tackles with their 1st and 2nd picks.. I know people will HATE that idea, but that's what the team needs unless Klemm has a magic wand and make Lowe a serviceable Swing tackle in the off-season.. But I doubt it.
TV out the window scenario there DB we need a Skilled Players that keeps DC's up at nights we currently don't have any.

Let's just assume, for the sake of argument, that Williams and Maye are off the board; I expect the Pats will either win too many games or be unwilling to move up high enough to make them feasible choices.

What position do you think the Pats should draft in the first round?
Caleb and Daniels I think they are the QB's we will be picking from.

Surprised QB didn't get more votes. If Mac plays for the remainder of the season like he did yesterday, I would change my vote. One game doesn't make a season.
I don't get it either. :rolleyes:

I don't get it either. :rolleyes:
That's not surprising. You don't understand that without an O-line, QB doesn't matter because they'll get plowed like Jones has.

That's not surprising. You don't understand that without an O-line, QB doesn't matter because they'll get plowed like Jones has.
Not if they have good pocket presence Pure Drop back Passers are a dying breed you need a dual threat with escapability @ QB Today. William - Daniels and Penix Jr. :cool:

OT same as the last two drafts.

OT same as the last two drafts.
We all dream of a new franchise QB
It just seems like a crap shoot drafting one.
You may be right. A solid OLine can make a average QB look good
A good QB can look like crap with a bad OLine

We all dream of a new franchise QB
It just seems like a crap shoot drafting one.
You may be right. A solid OLine can make a average QB look good
A good QB can look like crap with a bad OLine
My take is that a strong line (both sides) will keep you in the game and long-term keep you competitive while trying to land that franchise QB.

My take is that a strong line (both sides) will keep you in the game and long-term keep you competitive while trying to land that franchise QB.
As they say the games are won in the trenches
The only problem is fans don’t find trenches picks exciting

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3