Who's better?

• Jay Cutler

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Vince Young

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
VERY difficult to say at this point. But we can still have fun and venture a guess. Young is no doubt more exciting, but little can be expected of him with his offense. I really like what cutler may eventually be able to do. They both have strong arms. I think in the long run, cutler will turn out to be a better passer. He has a much better supporting cast (running game, offensive line, and wide receivers). I also think shanahan is one of the very best active coaches and will raise the young pup well.

It's not even a question IMO. Vince Young is so over rated, he wasn't that great last year. He had a few nice drives that capped off comebacks, but that completely over shadowed Pacman, Henry and other Titans' players performances from the season. Cutler struggled, but I think it was imparative that he got that experiance. I think he and the Broncos are poised for a huge season this year while the Titans will struggle to win 5 games.

Right now Young, just for clutch situations, but in the end cutler will be much better.

thanks for confirming what i already knew. there are some homer titan fans on another board saying that vince is the second coming and that he is better than jay on a good day. what was even funnier is that they had nothing to back it up while i provided stats, videos, and opinions from other outsider fans.

Young will be a better QB, but not in the traditional sense.

Guys like Young are unconventional. Average at passing, exceptional at running, have icewater in his veins, extremely competitive, and a winner.

He will win way more games and have a more successful career than Cutler, but may have less TD passes and a lower QB rating than Cutler.

At this point, I'd have to say Young. He can make plays with his arm AND his feet. Cutler's not as good at scrambling as Young is.

At this point, I'd have to say Young. He can make plays with his arm AND his feet. Cutler's not as good at scrambling as Young is.

Michael Vick was pretty good at scrambling, how's that working out for him? Vince Young is no better than Vick in the passing game yet.

Michael Vick was pretty good at scrambling, how's that working out for him? Vince Young is no better than Vick in the passing game yet.
He will be without a doubt.

He will be without a doubt.

Can you tell me what you base this on? I just don't see the ability to make quick decisions, go through progressions and make hot reads. I see now what I never saw in Daunte Culpepper. If his first decision isn't there, he is too quick to jump the gun, tuck the ball and run with it. Of course his legs compensate for some of this as it did for Daunte, but he is one knee injury away from becoming an ineffective QB just as Daunte is now.

Can you tell me what you base this on? I just don't see the ability to make quick decisions, go through progressions and make hot reads. I see now what I never saw in Daunte Culpepper. If his first decision isn't there, he is too quick to jump the gun, tuck the ball and run with it. Of course his legs compensate for some of this as it did for Daunte, but he is one knee injury away from becoming an ineffective QB just as Daunte is now.
with your pathetic track record the last thing you should be doing is evaluating anybodies play .you suck at it .your the douche bag that said culpepper was better than tom Brady lol lol.

i'm a big cutler fan. all i know about vince so far is that he can run. I just dont see him being allowed so many long runs this year. The titans offence is relying solely on Young this season, so teams will focus mainly on him. So, I think by next year, this debate will be put to bed

If the O-line is better and it should be with Whisenhunt (sp?) and Grimm then Leinart will be better than both this year. He certainly has superior talent at the skill positions, it's not even close.

Who will have the better career of the three I'm still not sure and so much plays into that such as injuries, personnel surrounding the player, etc that we cannot foresee but if I was to guess I'd rank Leinart and Cutler a push with Young third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back