PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats QB Room in for 2024

He read the defense, made audibles and made plays. David Andrews literally said this yesterday when someone asked him about Zappe in his presser.

The idiot media morons said the coaches “dumbed it down for Zappe” last season to explain his success in relation to Mac and you people ate it up.

If dumbing it down was a solution to anything, every team with bad QB play would be doing it. Laughable…

The media said they dumbed down the offense last year because you could see it. It was a different offense than Mac was running. And you could definitely see it against the Giants because it looked like a Pop Warner offense where most of the passes were behind the line of scrimmage.

The media said they dumbed down the offense last year because you could see it. It was a different offense than Mac was running. And you could definitely see it against the Giants because it looked like a Pop Warner offense where most of the passes were behind the line of scrimmage.
He threw for 309 yards against the Browns, he threw downfield, he made checks at the line of scrimmage and changed plays.

Nothing was dumbed down, except for excuse making for why Zappe was better than Mac.

He was better last year, better last game, he's been better the entire time.

He threw for 309 yards against the Browns, he threw downfield, he made checks at the line of scrimmage and changed plays.

Nothing was dumbed down, except for excuse making for why Zappe was better than Mac.

He was better last year, better last game, he's been better the entire time.

You do realize that Mac threw for 382 yards and two TDs vs. the Vikings. So by your standards, Mac is much better than Zappe.

It isn't excuse making. It was clear they were running the offense differently. In fact, there were reports that Patricia actually offered to Mac to start integrating a lot of the plays he ran for Zappe into the offense with Mac to get him on board with Patricia's offense. Why would Patricia offer that if they ran the same offense for both QBs?

And before Mac got completely broken, Mac was clearly better than Zappe. Or Zappe would have been the starter long before the 11th game in a season that is going to cost Belichick his job. If Zappe was clearly better, wouldn't Belichick have made a permanent QB change in one of the three other times he benched Mac?

If Zappe was clearly better
Zappe being always better than Jones is just fanboy drool.

Some fans just assume that it's that easy finding a QB because they've never seen this team look for one and they don't know any better. I mean if your starter isn't the guy just turn to the bench that guy must be a star in waiting because of wishful thinking and because Tom Brady. Lol right. Heard the same crap with Stidham. Every fanbase says this and they're generally always wrong. We just missed going through all of that in the last 20 years.

Some fans just assume that it's that easy finding a QB because they've never seen this team look for one. I mean if your starter isn't the guy just turn to the bench that guy must be a star in waiting because of wishful thinking and because Tom Brady. Lol right. Heard the same crap with Stidham. Every fanbase says this and they're generally always wrong. We just missed going through all of that in the last 20 years.
Longer than that. For some, there's only been 4 Pats QB's that played one complete season or more over the last 30 years. Bledsoe, Brady, Cam and Mac.

• Winner
Reactions: sb1

Some fans just assume that it's that easy finding a QB because they've never seen this team look for one and they don't know any better. I mean if your starter isn't the guy just turn to the bench that guy must be a star in waiting because of wishful thinking and because Tom Brady. Lol right. Heard the same crap with Stidham. Every fanbase says this and they're generally always wrong. We just missed going through all of that in the last 20 years.

Unless you have a very good, great QB, fan bases always overrate back up QBs. Those "Put in Bishop" calls that you could hear every game in Foxboro in 1999 and 2000 seem really stupid now.

You do realize that Mac threw for 382 yards and two TDs vs. the Vikings. So by your standards, Mac is much better than Zappe.

It isn't excuse making. It was clear they were running the offense differently. In fact, there were reports that Patricia actually offered to Mac to start integrating a lot of the plays he ran for Zappe into the offense with Mac to get him on board with Patricia's offense. Why would Patricia offer that if they ran the same offense for both QBs?

And before Mac got completely broken, Mac was clearly better than Zappe. Or Zappe would have been the starter long before the 11th game in a season that is going to cost Belichick his job. If Zappe was clearly better, wouldn't Belichick have made a permanent QB change in one of the three other times he benched Mac?
Zappe has an opportunity now. We’ll see.

Washington x Oregon live on espn right now, pac-12 championship, both QBs should be available for the Pats

Washington x Oregon live on espn right now, pac-12 championship, both QBs should be available for the Pats
Penix is if you want the passer Mac Jones looked like he could be in 2021 but with a much worse injury history.

Coaches know from practice if there is anything to build on. That is why it is rare to add a player that another team cut who becomes great. Maybe Malik because he is do raw and a rookie, but everyone knows who Grier is.
Fair point on Grier… but I’d still rather watch Grier eat :poop: than Mac or Zappe continuing to do it lol!

Amen…Why not give Malik a try?:thumbsup:

Fair point on Grier… but I’d still rather watch Grier eat :poop: than Mac or Zappe continuing to do it lol!

Amen…Why not give Malik a try?:thumbsup:

Malik maybe. He is so raw and learning so much. He said his understanding at WR was "night and day" from the start of training camp. I have no idea. I understand people's frustration with Mac and Zappe, they are JAGs. We know that. Who cares if Zappe wins a game?

The good thing is that the game day thread is not important anymore. Lol.

Malik maybe. He is so raw and learning so much. He said his understanding at WR was "night and day" from the start of training camp. I have no idea. I understand people's frustration with Mac and Zappe, they are JAGs. We know that. Who cares if Zappe wins a game?

The good thing is that the game day thread is not important anymore. Lol.
2023 Pats are so irrelevant the game day threads ought to belong in the general NFL game threads from now on. Lol

2023 Pats are so irrelevant the game day threads ought to belong in the general NFL game threads from now on. Lol
GDT was never about relevancy as far as I’ve ever seen it, it’s more about focusing on the team we root for and sharing our observations and experiences of the game.

Are you saying this site ought to turn into General NFL Fans now that the Pats are irrelevant?

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
GDT was never about relevancy as far as I’ve ever seen it, it’s more about focusing on the team we root for and sharing our observations and experiences of the game.

Are you saying this site ought to turn into General NFL Fans now that the Pats are irrelevant?
Or 2024PatsFans? Lol

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back