PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill’s first offer…

Would love to see Belichick in Dallas. How entertaining would that be?

Entertainment is one of the reasons why I'm glad they've moved on from Belichick too. It's why I enjoyed Brady in Tampa Bay. It's fun to see what would happen

Eagles get bumped and there will be several teams scrambling to hire Bill.

My money’s been on the Cowboys - think i was the first to say that here.

A bunch of teams will want him - not to get his record, as someone posted, but to either get them over the hump (Eagles, Dallas). Or to change the culture (Atlanta), Giants).

And the Pats get no compensation because Kraft wants everyone to like him.

I came here to see if anyone else heard about BB sniffing around the atlanta HC position

Last edited:
Eagles get bumped and there will be several teams scrambling to hire Bill.

My money’s been on the Cowboys - think i was the first to say that here.

A bunch of teams will want him - not to get his record, as someone posted, but to either get them over the hump (Eagles, Dallas). Or to change the culture (Atlanta), Giants).

And the Pats get no compensation because Kraft wants everyone to like him.
I also believe out if respect for Bill and everything he's been, and meant to the organization that is was only right to have it go with a mutal parting.

I'd figure he'd want to go somewhere with a QB already in place..
A fair assumption, and I'd agree - but also it's a place where they're a QB away from winning that division - and not even a great one, necessarily, just marginally better than Desmond Ridder.

I mean, I've been saying 'sign Kirk Cousins there, and they're like a 2 or 3 seed probably', but you could do it with Jimmy G, Jacoby Brisett, etc.

A fair assumption, and I'd agree - but also it's a place where they're a QB away from winning that division - and not even a great one, necessarily, just marginally better than Desmond Ridder.

I mean, I've been saying 'sign Kirk Cousins there, and they're like a 2 or 3 seed probably', but you could do it with Jimmy G, Jacoby Brisett, etc.
Agreed, without a QB , bills record is wishy-washy... so to your point a veteran QB someone who's a game manager and takes care of the ball absolutely will work for that team in that division.... just feels like Bill is Destined to head to Dallas..

Agreed, without a QB , bills record is wishy-washy... so to your point a veteran QB someone who's a game manager and takes care of the ball absolutely will work for that team in that division.... just feels like Bill is Destined to head to Dallas..
I just feel like (and this is actually just personal opinion), he'd much rather spend his last 2-3 years in coaching not being micromanaged by a narcissist. Sure, theoretically Dallas is a made team - but are they, really?

And it's not just that team in that division when it comes to Atlanta. There is some young high-end talent on both sides of the ball there, that's why I feel like they're specifically the landing spot. Talent in place, cap space, good draft capital, an owner not afraid to spend money.

I just feel like (and this is actually just personal opinion), he'd much rather spend his last 2-3 years in coaching not being micromanaged by a narcissist. Sure, theoretically Dallas is a made team - but are they, really?

And it's not just that team in that division when it comes to Atlanta. There is some young high-end talent on both sides of the ball there, that's why I feel like they're specifically the landing spot. Talent in place, cap space, good draft capital, an owner not afraid to spend money.
Yeah. You make sense. Jerry Jones is a very controlling owner so that won't sit well with Bill. Bill will be the coach and I'm sure he will have imput on roster decisions, but he'd be hired primarily for his coaching prowess.

Yeah. You make sense. Jerry Jones is a very controlling owner so that won't sit well with Bill. Bill will be the coach and I'm sure he will have imput on roster decisions, but he'd be hired primarily for his coaching prowess.
Jones is 81... if he wants to win before he dies... he's going to have to relinquish some power.

If they could agree to a 2 year deal... Bill gets his wins... and Jones might just get a superbowl.

The cowboys need a defense.

Jones is 81... if he wants to win before he dies... he's going to have to relinquish some power.

If they could agree to a 2 year deal... Bill gets his wins... and Jones might just get a superbowl.

They have a defense.. but for some reason they have trouble with the run.. that defense is designed to rush the passer. I'll agree Jones is up there and he'll have to make a coaching change to get them over the hump.. Dallas is probably the biggest tease in the NFL

Jerraahs insufferable, i don't think bb would want to deal with it, and he has other options.

Jerraahs insufferable, i don't think bb would want to deal with it, and he has other options.
Dallas is a ready made team... if he can get Jerry to sit back and shut up...

They have a defense.. but for some reason they have trouble with the run.. that defense is designed to rush the passer. I'll agree Jones is up there and he'll have to make a coaching change to get them over the hump.. Dallas is probably the biggest tease in the NFL
Do you think (bb)he can tweak the defense and make deep play off runs with the cowboys?

He can almost leave the offense alone...

Seems to me it's the quickest way to get his wins as well...

Only one dissenting opinion

Dallas seems the spot now.

question is would bill and Jerry jones work together?

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back