PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick Press Conference 7:30am (1/8/24)

I am not sure why people think this makes a trade out of the question. If BB is not amenable to a trade and tries to force his firing, Kraft will just sit him down and make him stay home for a year rather than lose him for nothing. BB only has a few years left, he's in his 70s. It's in his interest to work with Kraft on a trade.

They were good. They just were not excellent.

Teams knew they never had to push things against us because we could not score 20 points.
Come on, that’s a lazy take.

The Bills, who got spanked in the first game, barely got by with their season on the line in the second game.

I don’t think Kraft would do this.
I think they would work something out.
I am not sure why people think this makes a trade out of the question. If BB is not amenable to a trade and tries to force his firing, Kraft will just sit him down and make him stay home for a year rather than lose him for nothing. BB only has a few years left, he's in his 70s. It's in his interest to work with Kraft on a trade.

Amid all of the BB speculation, the Commanders are already putting in requests to interview candidates. The longer Kraft waits, the increased chance he’s gonna botch this whole ****ing thing. I can’t imagine it’s easy. It’s like being on the dating circuit when you go through a divorce of 20+ years. You’re rusty. You’ve been outta the game too long. Go from meeting chicks at a bar to now having to use tinder. It’s a whole new world and I really do worry about Krafts ability to woo talent. Then again, Kraft always has a young blonde under his arm so maybe he’s more fly than I give him credit for.

I want Harbaugh but if that doesn't happen Orchids will do this....

HC- Mayo
GM-Wolf
OC- Josh
DC- BB Jr.
STs- Judge Dread

I say blow it all up.
But I’ve always been a fan of Mcdaniels and his loyalty to the team can’t be understated.
I think he would work his ass off as HC or Ass HC.
Vrabel and or Mayo with Mcdaniels as Oc is most likely scenario.
Harbaugh, Ben Johnson, is not coming thru that door.

That is one report that is contradicted by all the other reports. And I don't even know if Ballesteri is all that plugged into the team.

Belichick wanted Garoppolo to replace Brady. And reports are that Kraft sided with Brady. And some reports have Kraft pressuring Belichick to trade away Jimmy G. And then you are saying that Belichick a year later would be giving Brady a three year contract worth $35 million and Kraft was the one who kiboshed it? It doesn't make sense.

I have not seen any other reporter back up this story. In fact, most say the opposite and say Kraft is pissed at Belichick because Kraft sided with Belichick on Brady.

Kraft gave Belichick an extension at $25 million a year after last year instead of letting him go in as a lame duck coach. I seriously doubt he would balk at paying $35 million a year to Brady since he was the face of the franchise. Everything pointed to Belichick wanting to let Brady walk one year early than one year too late. His typical way he treats players.
Talk about contradicted.
John Lynch offered to trade for brady instead of jimmy g and bb told him he was insane. So your entire premise is wrong, based upon bs.

Kraft has publicly stated he made Brady contract decisions.

Kraft reasoning was that paying a qb that much of the cap prevents them from being competitive. HIS WORDS.

Belichichd paycheck has nothing to do with the cap.

Show me an article where a reporter reported that Kraft was pissed off at belichick because Kraft sided with belichick over Brady. Must be a lot if “most” say it. Or you made it up….

On offense? I must have somehow missed those young talented tackles and tight ends. And running backs beyond Rham.
Comment was in response to a Q about the Falcons roster from another poster.

It Kraft pushes Bill out that's fine. Maybe its time for change.

If he pushes Bill out and keeps the hundreds of employees Bill hired that's another thing.

It's all or nothing.

It Kraft pushes Bill out that's fine. Maybe its time for change.

If he pushes Bill out and keeps the hundreds of employees Bill hired that's another thing.

It's all or nothing.

Totally agree.

It’s either clean it out entirely, OR you HAVE to have a GM that Bill won’t sabotage which probably means Pioli or MAYBE Dimitroff .

To be clear, I’m team blow it up.

It’s just time for a refresh in voice and philosophy.

Happens to every org.

25 yrs with one leader is a LONG time.

Seems like everyone on the board has made their own conclusions on what is going to happen. Half of you are convinced a trade is inevitable, half are convinced there's no way it will happen. Some of you are convinced Bill is clearly gone, some of you are convinced he is not going anywhere.

I think the general consensus to take from this is that we all have no clue what's going on.

If Vrabes wants the job, and you can get him for 3rd rd pick or lower I think you have to do it.
Add to that, a two-headed monster of Mondre and Henry along with O-Line upgrade sure would take pressure off ANY QB.

Talk about contradicted.
John Lynch offered to trade for brady instead of jimmy g and bb told him he was insane. So your entire premise is wrong, based upon bs.

Kraft has publicly stated he made Brady contract decisions.

Kraft reasoning was that paying a qb that much of the cap prevents them from being competitive. HIS WORDS.

Belichichd paycheck has nothing to do with the cap.

Show me an article where a reporter reported that Kraft was pissed off at belichick because Kraft sided with belichick over Brady. Must be a lot if “most” say it. Or you made it up….
The media love to play up BB wanted to keep Jimmy and let Brady go.
Lynch is the one who says when he called BB and asked about Brady after Jimmy he was shot down about Brady. I'll take the first hand source that says he wasn't willing to let Brady go.

Seems like everyone on the board has made their own conclusions on what is going to happen. Half of you are convinced a trade is inevitable, half are convinced there's no way it will happen. Some of you are convinced Bill is clearly gone, some of you are convinced he is not going anywhere.

I think the general consensus to take from this is that we all have no clue what's going on.
This.

And it’s probably the most uncomfortable spot as a fan in 25 yrs.

There is value is knowing whatever it will be.

I say blow it all up.
But I’ve always been a fan of Mcdaniels and his loyalty to the team can’t be understated.
I think he would work his ass off as HC or Ass HC.
Vrabel and or Mayo with Mcdaniels as Oc is most likely scenario.
Harbaugh, Ben Johnson, is not coming thru that door.
Agreed. What is also apparent now is that the organization has so much pressure on them now that they've never seen before from the fan base, local and national media. They know they need to get the ship righted. This is what needed to happen I feel In order for them to make philosophical change.

We have no clue and I think most are assuming what they want to happen is the most likely to happen.
I only care it doesn't drag on for days.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back