PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady, Gronkowski Among NFL.com's Latest Bizarre Top 10 List

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if LDD (Logic Deficiency Disorder) is a real thing but if it is, I believe it must be a prerequisite to work for BSPN, NFL and the Sports hub.

Last month I read an article in which Felger compared the ability to understand the Ideal Gas Law to being the equivalent of the ability to understand Quantum Physics.o_O
Well, for him it's an apt comparison. For third and fourth graders, it isn't.

I don't give QBs special privilege on my list so I grade how good you were within the context of your position.

#1 Watt
#2 Gronk (I pains me to put Gronk #2 but Watt just had a monster year)
#3 Earl Thomas
#4 Suh
#5 Revis
#6 Rodgers
#7 Brady
#8 Sherman
#9 Murray
#10 Kuechly

HM - Ryan Kalil - OL for Carolina - it pained be to give the OL no love in the top 10 but I just could not find someone I could bump off.

No WRs really separated themselves this year to earn it. Murray with a career year makes it but he was behind a great OL. Still he was so far ahead of the other RBs in yards you would think he played 8 more games.

Houston with 22 sacks was great but disappeared too much for my taste at times to make the top 10.

**Also this is for the regular season not post season. Just want to make that distinction.

Like the list but how can you not give QB's "special privileges" on any list? IMHO you have to recognize that QB is the single position that can make or break a team. For example, the Bills had a super bowl caliber defense last year and decent offensive weapons but Kyle Orton was just a middle of the pack QB. Put Brady, Rogers and possibly Luck on that team and you would have a SB contending team. Albeit, even with a top ten QB they would still have to find a way past BB, Brady and the Pats which would 'more probable than not' end up in another heart breaking, season ending, Rex Ryan post game interview.

Brady will be revealed to be #1 tonight.

i'd be surprised if brady's #1...think watt/rodgers finish ahead of him.

speaking of rodgers, the guy had one playoff run in his entire career. since the sb win, only 2 playoff wins including one against the vikings led by joe webb.

brady is the best player in the league by far. gronk somewhere in the top 6-7 imo

Like the list but how can you not give QB's "special privileges" on any list? IMHO you have to recognize that QB is the single position that can make or break a team. For example, the Bills had a super bowl caliber defense last year and decent offensive weapons but Kyle Orton was just a middle of the pack QB. Put Brady, Rogers and possibly Luck on that team and you would have a SB contending team. Albeit, even with a top ten QB they would still have to find a way past BB, Brady and the Pats which would 'more probable than not end up in another heart breaking, season ending, Rex Ryan post game interview.

Well QB is clearly the single most important and impactful position in the NFL.

The question to me is are you making a list about the 10 most important players to their team or the 10 best players? I think when you decide to try to walk in-between those 2 it is impossible to state exactly how much you value impact vs ability when making your list? is it 10/90? 20/80? 50/50?

I just think why do it that way? I think you either grade within the context of position or you make a separate list for both QBs and everyone else.

Last edited:
Well QB is clearly the single most important and impactful position in the NFL.

The question to me is are you making a list about the 10 most important players to their team or the 10 best players? I think when you decide to try to walk in-between those 2 it is impossible to state exactly how much you value impact vs ability when making your list? is it 10/90? 20/80? 50/50?

I just think why do it that way? I think you either grade within the context or position or you make a seperate list for both QBs and everyone else.

OK I got it. Thanks for the clarification.

speaking of top 10

gronk was #10 on NFL network...how is demarco murray ahead of him? lol

why is ike taylor on every single player ..lol

Brady's #3.

Starting to feel the same about Rodgers as I do about Manning now. The guy can have all of the regular season acolades he wants, but you can't put him ahead of the GOAT.

Starting to feel the same about Rodgers as I do about Manning now. The guy can have all of the regular season acolades he wants, but you can't put him ahead of the GOAT.

I lost respect for him after he started making excuses for the loss to the Giants in the playoffs. "They didn't beat us, we beat ourselves" lol what a sore loser thing to say. That's what Rodgers is.

I lost respect for him after he started making excuses for the loss to the Giants in the playoffs. "They didn't beat us, we beat ourselves" lol what a sore loser thing to say. That's what Rodgers is.

He's also only 6-5 in the playoffs.

they cant have brady 1. the top player joins the show after so they can never have brady on . This list lost its charm long back. They Kuhn on the list and no jimmy graham once.

#3 is higher than I expected Brady to be given in the wake of all this nonsense. Better than the tripe I mistakenly heard from Felger while mistakenly flicking through the radio. That Brady has more to prove and that he isn't as great because he "likes the ball a certain way". Trollger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes