PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bye Week Playbook Expansion and Woodhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So, i'm sure most would agree that the bye presents an oppurtunity to expand the playbook, and with Moss now gone, even more so.
So, do they come up with some plays, or a "package" that features Woodhead?
I'm not ready to jump on any sort of "Wildcat" bandwagon, but...

I'm sure thay are looking for a way to make up for some of the explosiveness that was lost with Mloss's departure.
Discuss.

Re: Bye Week Playbook Expansion and Woodhead.

Here's your package Edelman in the shotgun with woodhead, welker, tate, in a bunch formation on one side with Gronk and Crumpler on the other, lawfirm in the backfield strictly to help pick up the pass rush, Edelman rolls to the left, welker tate engage blocks as does woodhead woodhead, sneaks away and we toss him the ball he then proceeds to the right of the field where he has a convoy of Neal, volmer, Gronk and Crump paving the way.
If the situation arises where he doesn't have a clear lane tate is behind ready to take the toss, dangerous play but it works pretty good in madden,

Wildcat is and will remain a bad idea as long as we have a healthy Tom Brady.

With Moss gone the offense needs to rely on its versatility to put up points.

The addition of Woodhead gives the Patriots 3 "slash" type players. Hernandez, Woodhead and Edelman can all line up all over the offense. Put all 3 on the field at the same time, with some pre-snap motion, and how in the world will a defense know what they're going to do? All 3 can lne up wide, all 3 can run the ball.

These kids are coachable and they have shown some big play potential. I'm very excited to watch this offense develop.

The Wild Cat has been replaced by the pistol offense in terms of pissing me off.:mad::mad::mad:

Wild Cat= stupid and easy to defend. We have caught up with it.... I do not intend to start using it.

let me add.....

Woodhead ='s Faulk 2.0

The younger and a few steps quicker version of Keith.:)

Here's your package Edelman in the shotgun with woodhead, welker, tate, in a bunch formation on one side with Gronk and Crumpler on the other, lawfirm in the backfield strictly to help pick up the pass rush, Edelman rolls to the left, welker tate engage blocks as does woodhead woodhead, sneaks away and we toss him the ball he then proceeds to the right of the field where he has a convoy of Neal, volmer, Gronk and Crump paving the way.
If the situation arises where he doesn't have a clear lane tate is behind ready to take the toss, dangerous play but it works pretty good in madden,

I have a better idea...

...put the ball in Brady's hands, I think that works ;)

That does usually work too.

I want either:

1. Woodhead screens :)

2. 2 WR 2 TE 1 RB. Woodhead is in the backfield. Brady audible's woodhead to the slot and RUN FOREST RUN! Woodhead goes on a vertical route. :D

Woodhead does present a whole set of problems for the opposing D....just like Faulk only faster.

I want either:

1. Woodhead screens :)

2. 2 WR 2 TE 1 RB. Woodhead is in the backfield. Brady audible's woodhead to the slot and RUN FOREST RUN! Woodhead goes on a vertical route. :D

Keeping dreaming!!!!

let me add.....

Woodhead ='s Faulk 2.0

The younger and a few steps quicker version of Keith.:)

=============================

Who is this Keith you speak of?

=============================

Who is this Keith you speak of?
He's no Kevin Faulk then again WhiteWesWelker88 has underestimated Faulk from day one ;)

Last edited:

Having 12 guys on the field usually does help! :D

Having 12 guys on the field usually does help! :D

Yeah, that is about one player too many, even with Brady not on the field. ;)

With the 'WildWood' offense, the Patriots really take NFL teams by surprise and with their pants down. The Wildwood scheme is credited for the brilliant offensive 'Renaissance' in New England. The Ravens are the first team to fall to the Wildwood offensive juggernaut. DCs try without success to stop the man, the legend, the heretofore unknown but now shining brightly superstar, Danny 'Wild Bill' Woodhead. Spread of Wildwood fever across the nation will lead to mass cases of hysteria, feverish excitement, unprecedented memorabilia sales, and sudden bouts of gas. Who woulda thunkit? Only in New England. Football genius Bill Belichick pulls another miracle scheme from out of his ass.

After scoring 52, 49, 36, and 45 points with the Wildwood offense, all seemed wonderfully sunny and peachy in New England. Randy Moss who? That is until OC Bill O'Brien was seen 'having words' with the shifty, dynamic, and mercurial Woodhead. The very next week, Woodhead was shipped off for a 7th round draft pick. Patriots fans are left befuddled. Some bemoan his loss. Others call him a bum and a fraud. Still others are found stubbornly defending Laurence Maroney. The Wildwood show will be returning to the Jets just in time for them to face their division rivals, the New England Patriots. Everything comes full circle. Commissioner Goodell gleefully uncorks a bottle of champagne in anticipation of the Jets first championship win since Broadway Joe donned the green and white.

So, i'm sure most would agree that the bye presents an oppurtunity to expand the playbook, and with Moss now gone, even more so.
So, do they come up with some plays, or a "package" that features Woodhead?
I'm not ready to jump on any sort of "Wildcat" bandwagon, but...

I'm sure thay are looking for a way to make up for some of the explosiveness that was lost with Mloss's departure.
Discuss.

[See what you started Dave?! Discuss!]

Last edited:

First Randy and now people are disrespecting Kevin Faulk. I like Woodhead as much as anyone here but he is no Faulk.

He's no Faulk, but you have to admit he's doing a darn good impression so far.

Five yards for illegal formation, you only have 4 guys on the line with a QB and 6 eligible receivers...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes